Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got the no need to complete assessment email too, I have applied for USMS and took the OPM USA HIRE assessment in March. So I guess we will see here soon. I did find a potential answer in the posting: "We will consider applications in the order in which they are received to yield 1,000 applicants that are tentatively qualified and eligible to take the USA Hire online assessments and receive further consideration. If necessary, additional applicants may be considered in the order in which they have applied". This was separate from the other testing requirements listed in the "How you will be evalauated" section.

Comment

• Rascon3Romeo
      Rascon3Romeo commented
      Editing a comment
      But the requirements state ALL will have to take the test. Seems weird if it is a DQ of some sort that so many people would get an email stating you dont need to take the test... considering they said they may consider more if necessary.

• rackrace1136
      rackrace1136 commented
      Editing a comment
      He verbiage in he email is pretty clear “It has been determined that all required online assessments and your application is complete.” There is no ambiguity there at all. The posting above mentions the “USA Hire online assessment”. The email says all online assessments are complete. It doesn’t say “tabled” or “delayed” or “you are DQed” or anything that can be interpreted as anything else but “completed”.

The first sentence in the email is “The job description....informed you that you may be required to take one or more online assessments in order to complete your application.” This states that those stipulations are fluid and subject to flexibity.

All all I am saying is that any speculation contrary to the very clearly worded email is not supported by anything at all.

And to undercut my own argument, 2 years ago I got an email with an HSI final offer and a class date. The problem was I hadn’t applied for it. It was a mistake. It could be a mistake, we’ll find out soon enough.

• RVAhiker
      RVAhiker commented
      Editing a comment
      The confusion is from looking at 2 different phases of the hiring process, this is the OPM processing part. The SA Battery Test is after this initial processing by OPM.

My buddy another 1811 got the no testing email and I got the schedule a test email. The emails are entirely different. If you get the testing email, it states welcome to the next stage of the hiring process. If you didn’t, it just simply states no test required

Comment

Originally posted by buffb27 View Post
      My buddy another 1811 got the no testing email and I got the schedule a test email. The emails are entirely different. If you get the testing email, it states welcome to the next stage of the hiring process. If you didn’t, it just simply states no test required
      When did you apply ?
      When did you get your testing email ?

Comment

Have any of you been told that you are no longer being considered/DQ'd or anything like that? It seems like everyone either a) received an email to schedule an exam, or b) received an email saying they have completed all required assessments. I believe those in category a were one of the first 1,000 applicants and those in category b were outside the initial 1,000. If you were not one of the first 1,000, then it makes sense that no further testing would be required at this time.

Comment

The “no test required email” is certainly not a disqualification email. An email like that would simply state your no longer considered or didn’t meet qualifications. This email is either a waiver for the test or a shelf for future testing.

Comment

• marco1soto
            marco1soto commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes sense. I tried to call the number for an answer......couldnt get through to anyone.
            Last edited by marco1soto; 06-29-2018, 11:42 AM. Reason: Add content

• SSG_MP
            SSG_MP commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. I have friends who applied and are more than qualified for entry level 7/9. If they are going to be DQed, it should be because they failed one of the steps, and not from a review of thier resume (talking specifically about us who meet the standards, degree, experience, etc.). Their are also current 1811’s on here who stated they recieved the “I don’t need to do it” email as well. Maybe its the 1st 1,000 applicant theory, or for some reason we are waived (just being hopeful lol), who knows. But I highly doubt its a straight thanks but no thanks notification.

• mizzsix
            mizzsix commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, it isn't a DQ email. I'm pretty sure this email is in regards to qualifications. The posting said some people may be required to complete additional testing in order to verify their qualifications. I believe everyone will have to take the SA exam.

Originally posted by skol87 View Post
          Have any of you been told that you are no longer being considered/DQ'd or anything like that? It seems like everyone either a) received an email to schedule an exam, or b) received an email saying they have completed all required assessments. I believe those in category a were one of the first 1,000 applicants and those in category b were outside the initial 1,000. If you were not one of the first 1,000, then it makes sense that no further testing would be required at this time.
          All we need to disprove this theory is one person who applied late and received an email late for test scheduling.

Comment

I received the "no testing" email and applied about 1.5 hours after it opened if that means anything.

Comment

I applied the 5th & haven’t received an email yet. Passed the USMS less then a year.
              Last edited by DB9173; 06-29-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• mizzsix
                mizzsix commented
                Editing a comment
                The email was for the announcement I applied for back on the 5th.

• Tommy_V
                Tommy_V commented
                Editing a comment
                What did your email say?

• mizzsix
                mizzsix commented
                Editing a comment
                "The job description for Announcement OPM-INV-10227802-DH-AJA, Criminal Investigator, informed you that you may be required to take one or more online assessments in order to complete your application for this position. It has been determined that you have completed all required online assessments and your application is complete. No further action is required."

• mizzsix
                mizzsix commented
                Editing a comment
                This is in the original announcement. So I think this email just means we don't have to complete testing right now to prove our qualifications. We will all have to complete the SA exam either way.

"Within approximately 3 weeks of completing the application in USAJOBS and USA Staffing, tentatively qualified and eligible applicants may receive an Assessments are Required notification. Included in this notification will be a link to a web page with further information about scheduling the proctored online assessments. Shortly after receiving this message, these applicants will receive an invitation directly from the proctored testing provider inviting them to schedule an appointment to complete the online assessments.

I came across this, when I took the DO test it seemed similar to what is in this test guide.

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf
              Last edited by KJB; 06-29-2018, 01:03 PM. Reason: Trying to fix the link

Comment

This is actually becoming quite comical, between here and delphi, sooo many different theories are being bounced around lol. I guess this is our first official “case”, investigating what these emails truly mean!!!

Comment

• rackrace1136
                  rackrace1136 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The thing is that I don’t understand why. The email is actually pretty clear, and not really open to interpretation. But I have noticed over the years that when it comes to hiring processes, speculation runs rampant and people start reading into things.

• Sparta1
                  Sparta1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  haha yea its pretty funny how people are freaking out, but I am too sooooo time will tell??

If you have already taken a USA Hires assessment, same used for USMS and several other Agencies (also stated in the announcement) then you should have gotten the ambiguous email stating no testing is required. Did anyone receive that email who has not taken the 3 part USA Hires exam?

Comment

• Viking14
                  Viking14 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have taken the exam for USMS in 2017 and received the "no testing required" email and a buddy who also applied to the ICE announcement has not taken any other online assessments also received the "no testing required" email..LOL

• Gollywompas
                  Gollywompas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand the HSI exam is proctored but this email if from OPM and not HSI. I figured that after passing the USA hires exam and all other criteria is met, your package will be passed to HSI at which point you will be scheduled for the exam. To my knowledge the USA hires exam screens differently than the HSI Special Agent Battery. I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Mf821
                  Mf821 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know someone that has never applied to any other usajobs announcement other than this one and they got that email. So other tests counting theory is out.

• Kmiech
                  Kmiech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I received the email to schedule an assessment. I applied very early in the announcement. I also passed the USMS assessment within the past year. So whoever decided that was a good theory, I think we can put that one to bed. It’s too early to speculate. Patience will answer all of our questions.

4 people at my job applied... i applied the 4th early. Another updated his app on the 5th (originally applied the fourth) and two are unknown. We all have essentially the same qualifications and yet the two unknown when they applied got scheduled for testing and myself and the other guy got the no further email. So if i had to guess it would be due to being past 1000. I applied 2 hours in and my buddy initially applied an hour in im trying to find out when the two unknowns applied but they work a different shift.

Comment

So is it safe to say that if I haven't received an email of any kind that I wasn't one of the first 1000 applicants? I applied around 1am on 6/6. I applied out of the NYC region and chose LA and San Diego as my 2 preferred locations.

Comment

• cpa223
                    cpa223 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also have 2 years of local LE with a B.S in Business Administration

Got scheduled for testing, applied within 5 minutes but my scheduled exam confirmation email states my exam is only 30 minutes in length? I saw a poster put his confirmation on Delphi and his exam was 320 min? Anyone in a similar situation care to explain why the difference?

Comment

• Rascon3Romeo
                    Rascon3Romeo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok... what is delphi?

• Mf821
                    Mf821 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another forum with more HSI stuff than this one.

I got the same email as everyone else. I’m assuming I wasn’t part of the 1k applicants.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5297 users online. 316 members and 4981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X