Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same email.. no assessment needed. Rcvd around 2230 eastern

Comment

I have a feeling that that email translates to “you were not one of the first 1,000 applicants, so you will not be invited to test at this time”

But I’ve been wrong before.

Comment

I got the email saying I did not have to take any additional tests. I am already a GS8 FED LEO, I took online assessments for the ICE DO announcement in December. I was exempt for testing and referred for GS9 Customs and Border Protection Officer and Border Patrol Agent in February. I applied about 2 to 3 hours after the announcement opened.
        Last edited by KJB; 06-29-2018, 11:09 AM. Reason: Added when I applied.

Comment

What I think everyone is failing to remember is that the announcement clearly stated that regardless of whatever assessments you may have completed for HSI before, Everyone would be required to take the entrance exam for this announcement. I see more people receiving the "Completed all assessments, no further action" than the schedule exam email. I think those in the latter group are the ones moving forward as indicated by the vacancy announcement wording. Just my own .02

Comment

Originally posted by Army_Cyber View Post
            What I think everyone is failing to remember is that the announcement clearly stated that regardless of whatever assessments you may have completed for HSI before, Everyone would be required to take the entrance exam for this announcement. I see more people receiving the "Completed all assessments, no further action" than the schedule exam email. I think those in the latter group are the ones moving forward as indicated by the vacancy announcement wording. Just my own .02
            This is what I’m thinking too. Compare the people who got scheduled to take the exam compared to getting the other email. I’ll bet dollars to donuts the ones invited to the exam submitted their applications before the other guys who go the general email, even if by mere minutes.

Comment

• Army_Cyber
              Army_Cyber commented
              Editing a comment
              Right. I applied within 3-4 minutes of the announcement being posted and I received the email to schedule my exam. Everything in the announcement indicated that testing was a requirement, there was nothing stating the test would be waiverable. Who knows

• CSUAlum
              CSUAlum commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I wasn’t implying that I didn’t have to take any exam, just that I got the email. I really wouldn’t “guess” anything anymore. These processes are all confusing and mixed up.. timelines schmimelines.

DH Announcement: "You must PASS the SA Test Battery in order to continue in the hiring process. You will not be allowed to retest within 12 months of your test date. (ALL applicants who are selected to move forward in the hiring process will be required to take the test battery this year even if they have previously passed the test.)"

Comment

I received same email saying all assessments complete. Current 1811

Comment

I received the "all assessments complete" email today... I never completed any assessment.

Comment

I recieved email stating assessments completed

Comment

Has anyone called the number on the email to get ahold of someone to ask? I sent an email to whom it stated to... waiting on reply as to what the initial email meant.

Comment

I just got the no need to complete assessment email too, I have applied for USMS and took the OPM USA HIRE assessment in March. So I guess we will see here soon. I did find a potential answer in the posting: "We will consider applications in the order in which they are received to yield 1,000 applicants that are tentatively qualified and eligible to take the USA Hire online assessments and receive further consideration. If necessary, additional applicants may be considered in the order in which they have applied". This was separate from the other testing requirements listed in the "How you will be evalauated" section.

Comment

• Rascon3Romeo
                        Rascon3Romeo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        But the requirements state ALL will have to take the test. Seems weird if it is a DQ of some sort that so many people would get an email stating you dont need to take the test... considering they said they may consider more if necessary.

• rackrace1136
                        rackrace1136 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He verbiage in he email is pretty clear “It has been determined that all required online assessments and your application is complete.” There is no ambiguity there at all. The posting above mentions the “USA Hire online assessment”. The email says all online assessments are complete. It doesn’t say “tabled” or “delayed” or “you are DQed” or anything that can be interpreted as anything else but “completed”.

The first sentence in the email is “The job description....informed you that you may be required to take one or more online assessments in order to complete your application.” This states that those stipulations are fluid and subject to flexibity.

All all I am saying is that any speculation contrary to the very clearly worded email is not supported by anything at all.

And to undercut my own argument, 2 years ago I got an email with an HSI final offer and a class date. The problem was I hadn’t applied for it. It was a mistake. It could be a mistake, we’ll find out soon enough.

• RVAhiker
                        RVAhiker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The confusion is from looking at 2 different phases of the hiring process, this is the OPM processing part. The SA Battery Test is after this initial processing by OPM.

My buddy another 1811 got the no testing email and I got the schedule a test email. The emails are entirely different. If you get the testing email, it states welcome to the next stage of the hiring process. If you didn’t, it just simply states no test required

Comment

Have any of you been told that you are no longer being considered/DQ'd or anything like that? It seems like everyone either a) received an email to schedule an exam, or b) received an email saying they have completed all required assessments. I believe those in category a were one of the first 1,000 applicants and those in category b were outside the initial 1,000. If you were not one of the first 1,000, then it makes sense that no further testing would be required at this time.

Comment

The “no test required email” is certainly not a disqualification email. An email like that would simply state your no longer considered or didn’t meet qualifications. This email is either a waiver for the test or a shelf for future testing.

Comment

• marco1soto
                            marco1soto commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Makes sense. I tried to call the number for an answer......couldnt get through to anyone.
                            Last edited by marco1soto; 06-29-2018, 10:42 AM. Reason: Add content

• SSG_MP
                            SSG_MP commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I agree. I have friends who applied and are more than qualified for entry level 7/9. If they are going to be DQed, it should be because they failed one of the steps, and not from a review of thier resume (talking specifically about us who meet the standards, degree, experience, etc.). Their are also current 1811’s on here who stated they recieved the “I don’t need to do it” email as well. Maybe its the 1st 1,000 applicant theory, or for some reason we are waived (just being hopeful lol), who knows. But I highly doubt its a straight thanks but no thanks notification.

• mizzsix
                            mizzsix commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I agree, it isn't a DQ email. I'm pretty sure this email is in regards to qualifications. The posting said some people may be required to complete additional testing in order to verify their qualifications. I believe everyone will have to take the SA exam.

I received the "no testing" email and applied about 1.5 hours after it opened if that means anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5581 users online. 345 members and 5236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X