Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people shouting out their qualifications???....

Comment

• 8404_2Law
      8404_2Law commented
      Editing a comment
      KJB still holding on to those participation trophies I see.. lol

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      8404_2Law If you are creative enough those count, lol.

• 8404_2Law
      8404_2Law commented
      Editing a comment
      KJB Nah, but did I find a subtle way to mention my Eagle Scout merit badges on my resume...lol

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      8404_2Law Well crap, I guess it's too late to add my Cub Scouts stuff, lol.

Going to throw myself into the mix as well. Does anyone have any insight on location? Are certain areas more likely to hire potentially, or if you pick the two locations will you not be eligible for any others?

Comment

Threw my hat in. All they can say is no.

Comment

Any idea on how many agents they plan to hire? Recent graduate, BA with SAA + 2 internships with 2 different federal agencies, current federal security contractor

Comment

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          BA with SAA? What is that?

• Mf821
          Mf821 commented
          Editing a comment
          Superior Acadenic Achievement- sorry autocorrect changed it earlier.
          Last edited by Mf821; 06-06-2018, 10:00 PM.

• CSUAlum
          CSUAlum commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ Academic ^ is what he meant (I believe).... so a Bachelors with Superior Academic Achievement. Something like top percentage of the class or a higher gpa.

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh okay. I got into LE before I finished my degree so I don't have that.

Originally posted by redstoneboy View Post
        Going to throw myself into the mix as well. Does anyone have any insight on location? Are certain areas more likely to hire potentially, or if you pick the two locations will you not be eligible for any others?
        Prepare for southwest border, NYC, LA, SF, PR. Your checked locations are preferences and nothing else. For example, anyone who put SAC Tampa, there's pretty much no chance an off the street hire will get it.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• KJB
          KJB commented
          Editing a comment
          Does HSI and ERO share the same duty stations? I put in for LA, if picked for LA would my duty location possibilities be Adelanto, LA, Santa Ana, Santa Maria, and San Bernardino like they are for ERO?

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          As a rule no, but some offices will be shared if there happens to be an ERO and HSI office in the same city. I may be wrong due to my limited knowledge of ERO but I'm pretty certain HSI has more locations COnUS and in territories. I'll look for HSI in that area for you. I know off top of my head there's an office in SD, San Ysidro, Oceanside, Orange, a few under LA

Edit: Ventura, San Bernardino, Northridge, LV are in that region as well for HSI
          Last edited by battlewagon; 06-07-2018, 01:46 PM.

Threw my name in the hat as well just for kicks and giggles.

Current federal LEO, 4 years military with deployment and combat experience, Criminal Justice BA, and almost done with my Master's

Comment

How long from now until we hear something?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
            How long from now until we hear something?
            Around 3 to 4 weeks. Sometimes 2 weeks but rarely

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that for the Notice of Referral or actual movement?

Seems like every 1811 job requires a BA -_-

Comment

• aspiring_fed
              aspiring_fed commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah. If people really want to be 1811s, they should have at least a four-year degree. I'm not saying it's required to be a good investigator, but it's required to be competitive for the job, so might as well do it.

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Been hired for two 1811s, both at the same time so without the other on my application, no degree, no vet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Rascon3Romeo
              Rascon3Romeo commented
              Editing a comment
              battlewagon you should write my resume then. Lol

Originally posted by RSORX8510 View Post

Around 3 to 4 weeks. Sometimes 2 weeks but rarely
            Is that for the Notice of Referral or actual movement?

Comment

• Tommy_V
              Tommy_V commented
              Editing a comment
              nevermind.....
              Last edited by Tommy_V; 06-13-2018, 10:18 AM.

Probably the only thing I got out of College was how to write. In this job, there is plenty of legal writing, matter fact I'll put at 50% of what 1811's actually do. Prosecution reports, Complaints, Reports of Interviews, Reports on Activity, 35 page warrant drafting. No disrespect to local detectives that don't have a degree, but some of the work products would be cut to shreds by an AUSA. Not because there is factual error, but the standard is damn high for them to even move a muscle. It's almost a "beyond a reasonable doubt" level. Which is why the federal conviction rate is so high. I believe a degree is required at the minimum.

Even with a Bachelor's Degree, work products have looked like crap.

Here's a relatively straight forward complaint, behind this document are probably a dozen other reports that attributed to it.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/file/801581/download
            Last edited by DesertRat707; 06-10-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Anybody received any letter they were referred or invited to take the test yet?

Comment

• SSG_MP
                SSG_MP commented
                Editing a comment
                Crickets over here.....

I haven't received any updates yet. I'm guessing we wont hear anything for another 1-2 weeks.

Comment

Hello I have been creeping on this forum since the start of the whole direct hire announcement craze. Just thought I would let everybody know that someone on Delphi is claiming that they have gotten correspondence from the SAC office that they put down as their preference on their application saying that their application has been moved on for review . So there should be some movement soon .

Comment

• SSG_MP
                  SSG_MP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are we thinking this is going to be a broad pool with candidates that meet the basic requirements for 7/9, or are only the ones with language, cybercrime, etc. being moved forward?

Does anyone know if the fit test is accurate?

Comment

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Accurate as in they accurately count your pushups correctly? What do you mean? They take it very seriously. For example if you drop your hands from their position during the situps, youre done right then and there, even if you are one short and have plenty of juice left. Seen it happen...

• mercede_morga
                  mercede_morga commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I should have specified more. Is it up to date on their website? I am in the process with other agencies and a lot of stuff on their website is not up to date.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure what it says online but the test is something like 24 pushups, 33 situps, 200 yard sprint in less than 45, and mile and a half in less than 14 something.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7926 users online. 399 members and 7527 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X