Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice investigator (opm-inv-10227802-dh-aja)

May as well start this.

Applied an hour ago (6/4/2018).

5 years military police, BA with SAA, work at a law firm right now.

Looks like it was a little later than 2PM.
    Last edited by Schwook; 06-04-2018, 04:03 PM.

I guess the know-it-all was wrong this time lol. Just applied as well. Local LEO former Fed LEO. BA with SAA.

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck to you! Keep in touch as we move throughout the process. Heh, I guess so...

how do you answer this question? It has a box to write in but doesn't say what to put.

Law enforcement officers and agents are held to a high standard of honesty, integrity and credibility due to the need of public trust and confidence attendant to their job responsibilities. Once of these responsibilities is the requirement to testify at criminal trials. Under GIGLIO v. United States 405 U.S. 150, investigative agencies must turn over to prosecutors any potential impeachment evidence with respect to agents/officers involved in court cases. In testifying, an agent/officer's credibility, character of truthfulness and reputation could be used to cast substantial doubt on the evidence and facts of these criminal cases. Keeping this in minds, please answer the next two questions.

Comment

• jj858
      jj858 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Hopefully that's right ha.

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like there was a formatting issue. I put N/A as well.

• Deathcrown
      Deathcrown commented
      Editing a comment
      I put N/A as well.

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      I must answered the next two questions in the box as well as in the bubbles.

Guess my Master's degree is worthless in this announcement since its not law enforcement related.

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      No military or LE experience at all? Is it tangentially related (psychology, sociology)?

• jj858
      jj858 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do but it was easier with the degree.

I applied too, even though I got a TSL for DO and am just waiting on medical.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you get your tsl for do and for which location?

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Shock, I thought this wasn't going to be open today? According to your insider info...

• KJB
      KJB commented
      Editing a comment
      March 3rd or so, Adelanto

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      deleted..........
      Last edited by Kmiech; 06-04-2018, 07:29 PM. Reason: Posted elsewhere

Originally posted by KJB View Post
    I applied too, even though I got a TSL for DO and am just waiting on medical.
    Same here. My homie was in FLETC and one of his classmate got HSI and had to do fletc all over again

Comment

I applied as well... 7 years USCG (5 were LE), BCJ, current Fed, +10 vet (doesn't matter for this advertisement I guess).

Comment

Just threw my name in the ring for the fun of it, while I wait for my background to clear for another agency. I thought the word around town was that the announcement wasn’t going to open just yet...lol
        My creds: no official LE experience but 7year military, combat experience + a Juris Doctorate

Comment

I applied with no high hopes. 1 year of federal law enforcement experience and only some college. 4 years military.

Comment

I was actually told that military LE may or may not be used as "practical experience" depending on who you apply with
            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Applied - I checked at 2pm before my shift started and it wasn't posted. Check again at midnight and here it is, hope I'm not too late to be in the first 1k.

5 years LEO, Bachelors in Criminal Justice, Masters in Homeland Security Management.

Didn't like that poly question though, just got booted from USPIS process after taking their poly. Hope it doesn't hold me back....(*spoiler alert* didn't lie).

Comment

• Schwook
                Schwook commented
                Editing a comment
                The US government seems to be the only entity keeping that psuedo-scientific test of "honesty" alive...

• jholsen
                jholsen commented
                Editing a comment
                The USPIS needs to get their stuff together. I got a rejection e-mail about a month ago after I submitted my SF-86, then the following week I received another e-mail inviting me to the IE. Apparently their system wasn't updated. I'm sure you're ****ed getting all the way to the poly

I noticed that the announcement stated that veteran's preference won't be applied due to it being a Direct Hire vacancy. However, it has to apply at some point right? Maybe not initially to refer applicants, but at some point before final offers go out?

Comment

• Exbpa340
                Exbpa340 commented
                Editing a comment
                Direct hire announcements - Veterans preference does not apply when selecting individuals under DHA. When agencies select individuals under DHA, the law allows agencies to hire them without regard to sections 5 U.S.C. 3309-3318, which eliminates the requirement for applying veterans preference. Qualified candidates with veterans' preference should be selected as they are found, just as any qualified non-preference eligible candidate would be.

Anyone have a link to their new fit test.. PFT?

Comment

• Schwook
                Schwook commented
                Editing a comment

• Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                There is one on the ICE.gov website under HSI application process. Not sure if it's current, but the page was updated in Feb 2018.

• KJB
                KJB commented
                Editing a comment
                Applicants will have a total of two opportunities to pass the Pre-Employment Physical Fitness Test (PFT-P). An applicant who fails the first PFT-P administration must retest within three calendar days.

PFT Components: consists of four tests administered in the following sequence:
                32 sit-ups in 1 minute or less
                220-yard sprint in 47.73 seconds or less
                22 push-ups in 1 minute or less
                1.5 miles run in 14 minutes 25 seconds or less

The applicant must pass all 4 fitness tests in sequence as listed above with proper form and no more than a 5-minute rest between tests and in the prescribed amount of time.

https://www.ice.gov/careers/criminal-investigator

Applied this morning. I have a masters and 10 years experience as a federal PO

Comment

Applied earlier today. Not expecting much since I don't have any LE experience. Did four years in the Marine Corps, B.S. in Criminal Justice, and currently in construction industry.
                Last edited by jholsen; 06-05-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  degree? language?

• jholsen
                  jholsen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just edited it. English only

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7592 users online. 361 members and 7231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X