• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlakSupaman
    commented on 's reply
    Poly is good for 3 years.

• ArthurMorgan
    replied
    2017 applicant, everything except the polygraph expired. Anyone else experience this?

Leave a comment:

• BlakSupaman
    commented on 's reply
    Levithane I agree with you.

• Levithane
    commented on 's reply
    They would have to drastically change the structure of their class curriculum in order for that to be possible.

• BlakSupaman
    commented on 's reply
    No, I have been trying to find out that information myself. The DEA is going through some major personnel transition with the anticipation of a mass exodus through retirements over the next couple of years. I know a BAT instructor and he said that they were trying to get Quantico to in crease the operational tempo of the academy by starting a class each month. It is not a very big agency and that temp would be a definite strain on their instructors and I am not even sure how many instructors they have.

God bless them as they work through this because they are also trying not to water down the tradition and standard with that. So, you may see it fluctuate until they find the right balance for the agencies needs. Their academy is no joke and they don't want to sacrifice time for the standard.

• Sparta1
    replied
    does anyone know of upcoming academy dates for 2020?

Leave a comment:

• Jcrump34
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats, best of luck

• ArthurMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    The first one I took last April. This one I took on the 6th of December

• BlakSupaman
    commented on 's reply
    When did you take the PT Test last?

• Levithane
    replied
    Sparta1 DCSA is just who took over the background process, everything still remains the same. The only thing that really happened on the BI side is that we were issued new credentials. There are still a lot of kinks to be worked out with the transition. One thing that is holding up Federal Agency hiring is the budget situation up in DC.

Leave a comment:

• blipp
    replied
    Sparta1 The Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency replaced OPM recently. If you google DOD and DCSA you can read about it. The goal is to reduce the wait times and back logs. I understand the wait has been shortened but it’s far from a fast process.

Leave a comment:

• Sparta1
    commented on 's reply
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the DCSA? and how do you know they made the switch? is that a good thing/faster processing?

• admm
    replied
    Does anyone know the academy dates for 2020?
    Last edited by admm; 12-15-2019, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blipp
    replied
    Originally posted by NC1098 View Post
    Does anyone have a good telephone number for OPM? I received an email in the beginning of November stating my BI has started but I haven't seen a
    e-Qip invite yet.
    Backgrounds have moved to DCSA instead of OPM. However, your EQIP link typically comes from the security office (or equivalent) of the sponsoring agency.

Leave a comment:

• NC1098
    replied
    Does anyone have a good telephone number for OPM? I received an email in the beginning of November stating my BI has started but I haven't seen a
    e-Qip invite yet.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9118 users online. 269 members and 8849 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X