300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DEA SA Applicants

I have only seen posts for 2017 and prior, so I figured I wold start one up.

I am a 2018-1SA, and was told it will be running until September. Applied on 05/08/2018.

Has anybody had experience with the accelerated hiring initiative before?

What makes you think 2018-1 has accelerated hiring?

Comment

• Deathcrown
      Deathcrown commented
      Editing a comment
      ....Nevermind

• bmitche6
      bmitche6 commented
      Editing a comment
      In conversation with a recruiter, he mentioned it. Is this incorrect?

• kevmahones
      kevmahones commented
      Editing a comment
      Dea is running something similar to the secret service elac.....testing interview etc all done in two or three days to expedite the process. This is in locations across the US

How did you apply? I emailed the SA Coordinator in the NYFO with no response.

Comment

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here in Dallas. Called them too.

• bmitche6
      bmitche6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been in contact with my recruiter for about a year regarding when they'd open up applications. I submitted the OF306 a few months ago, and he sent me an email when it opened it along with the required paperwork (05/08/18). I was told the opening is going until September and they are qualifying as they go, so maybe just give your local recruiter a call?

• Schwook
      Schwook commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I was calling my recruiter... hmmm... perhaps I'll try another office and work back around to Dallas.

BA-2018 here for SA Criminal Investigator..out of Chicago/Suburbs. Submitted all paper work for position before the deadline some 3 weeks ago. Playing the waiting game now....

Comment

I applied last and received an invite to an applicant orientation to be held next week.

Comment

I sent in my paperwork and should be scheduled for testing soon.

Comment

• bmitche6
          bmitche6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Has anybody told you about testing?

• Schwook
          Schwook commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't been scheduled, but, they usually have it at your nearest FO or somewhere close by. It isn't like some agencies where you have to fly all the way to DC just to test (AHEM Secret Service, USMS)

Waiting to hear back from DCFO. Have not submitted anything yet, awaiting a response.

Comment

Long time reader, first time poster here. I received an email for applicant orientation yesterday. Looks like things are finally moving along.

Comment

• bmitche6
            bmitche6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Feel free to PM me if you'd rather but could you share your current standing? Experience, education, etc. As of yesterday I have not been qualified or disqualified; but that really doesn't help. I am going into my final year of school and was told by one recruiter that you can do a deferment if the process ends before graduation, however another recruiter said that the cutoff was the end of this calendar year.. Thank you.

• wiMP
            wiMP commented
            Editing a comment
            My current standing? Well according to the email i received, I'm just a preliminary applicant at this point in the game. Experience: 7 years military police, BS in Information Technology.

nevermind, wrong thread

Comment

First time poster on this thread. Got an email invite this morning to the DEA Mobile Assessment Center events coming up. Looks like they are being pretty aggressive with hiring.

Comment

I have a pretty good workout program for the PTA for anyone who is seriously interested you can PM me

Comment

Originally posted by CorbinDallas View Post
              First time poster on this thread. Got an email invite this morning to the DEA Mobile Assessment Center events coming up. Looks like they are being pretty aggressive with hiring.
              What happens at this assessment center?

Comment

• CorbinDallas
                CorbinDallas commented
                Editing a comment
                Writing Assessment, structured interview, and physical assessment. It's scheduled over a five day window.

• Tommy_V
                Tommy_V commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s interesting. The physical assessment used to be done many steps later. Is this for BA2018-1?

That’s interesting. The physical assessment used to be done many steps later. Is this for BA2018-1 or BA2017-2?

Comment

The physical assessment is now done prior to the conditional offer due to too many applicants failing it later in the process.

Comment

I have the DEA Orientation tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone can give me a time table. What should I expect at the orientation? Test/Interview?

If all goes well, when should I expect the next part of the process? PTA etc.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Alyk
                  Alyk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  deleted.....
                  Last edited by Alyk; 07-02-2019, 05:25 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9440 users online. 472 members and 8968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X