Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTEMPLE were u at the MAC in Dallas back in Aug?. Looks like you and I have roughly the same timeline. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• JTemple
      JTemple commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I was. Are you just waiting for Poly too?

• Yes just waiting on poly as well.

Comment

• JTemple
      JTemple commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. Well best of luck to you! Hoping for March class

• Hello everyone. I wanted to provide an update on my 2018 applicant process...

6/2 - Emailed recruiter about application packet
    6/4- Sent recruiter completed application packet
    6/30 - Invited to attend MAC (Mobile assessment center)
    9/21- Written tests, Interview, fingerprinted
    9/22 - PTA, Psychological assessment, COL
    10/3 - Medical 1
    10/5 - Medical 2
    12/10- Drug Test
    12/11 - Psychological interview

No word yet on Poly and BI...Current Fed with TS/SCI clearance

Comment

• JTEMPLE thanks best of luck to you as well. Keep us posted on ur progress.

Comment

• Seems like most of us are on the same step, now it's just a wait and see if we will have any movement before the new year. Just waiting on poly and background at this point.

Comment

• Posting my timeline too.
          Sent Resume to recruiter in Houston in 09/18.
          Recieved email in 11/18.
          Passed & Took Exams/Oral Board/ Psych Exam & Fingerprints on 12/12/2018.
          Next step is PTA. Recruiter here in Houston said it could be 2 years before those of us that pass everything are hired. Said the BI takes 12-15 months, Hopefully not.

Comment

• Nova307
            Nova307 commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be unfortunate since I age out in a year and a half....let's hope not

• Hope that's not the case. I heard they are giving interim clearances. It would make sense if you already have a TS clearance.

Comment

• *post deleted*
            Last edited by RLiechty; 12-18-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• CrabApple
              CrabApple commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.dea.gov/employment-requirements - click on "Drug Use Policy". When it comes down to it, even though yours isn't "that" bad, you have to remember that these applications are super competitive. It may not be that bad. But you're going to be competing against others who have only tried it once. Or never. All else being equal, they're more likely to get picked.

It may also be worth mentioning that you might want to wait until you have your degree. To qualify, you need to posses a bachelors degree with at least a 2.95 GPA or higher (if that's how you're trying to qualify). https://www.dea.gov/am-i-qualified-b...-special-agent and click "Do I have the right experience"

• Saluki89
              Saluki89 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's not a good idea to publically post stuff like that.

Just be honest on your application.

• Completed the psych interview today. Now waiting with several others to complete the polygraph and background. I’m processing out of Louisville and that recruiter says this process is going to be very quick. It appears the Houston recruiter thinks the opposite. Anyone processing from another office who’s recruiter says this will be a relatively quick process? As in, not 2 or 3 years. I’ve heard the hiring goal is 350 a year for 10 years (coming from my recruiter) I don’t see how they could meet that goal if the background took 2 years.

Comment

• JPlowry
              JPlowry commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m glad both of y’all have heard what I’ve heard! If I had to (guess) I’d think they’ll get a lot of polygraphs scheduled at the same time like in the same month and knock some out. That would make the most sense to get people into quantico but who knows. Just a guess.

• Justwaiting22
              Justwaiting22 commented
              Editing a comment
              My recruiter told me today my poly should be scheduled sooner than later. Keep working on your fitness everyone!!!
              Last edited by Justwaiting22; 12-21-2018, 03:12 PM.

• JPlowry
              JPlowry commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s good news from your recruiter. I hope he’s right. Definitely keep working on that PTA. I’m ready to lee this ball rolling. What office are you out of?

• Justwaiting22
              Justwaiting22 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am processing out of the Atlanta office. In the event of the shutdown, how does it affect the process? Does anyone know?

• Shutdowns don’t usually last very long. I don’t think it’ll affect us. I don’t have any expectations until after New Years anyway.

Comment

• Anyone receive updates? Assuming no due to shutdown. Just curious.

Comment

• JTemple
                JTemple commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing yet. Really hoping for some sort of news by end of next week

• jay1
                jay1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I went to the Dallas MAC back in August and completed everything so far except for the Poly and BI, haven't heard anything yet as well.

• I applied in the 2017 announcement. I’m just curious does the new process (MAC) have a limit on how many times you can take the fitness test?

Comment

• Vcrl
                Vcrl commented
                Editing a comment
                My understanding is that if you fail the first time you have one more shot to pass it. You will also have to take prior to going to the BAT.

• Thriller
                Thriller commented
                Editing a comment
                Vcrl I thought they may have changed it up but it's the same as before then. Thanks for the reply.

• Justwaiting22
                Justwaiting22 commented
                Editing a comment
                You will have 3 opportunities within a 3 month period from the date you successfully complete the structured interview to pass the pre-COL PTA. You will also be required to pass the PTA prior to attending BAT. You will have 2 opportunities to pass the post-COL PTA. Failure to pass the Pre-COL or Post-COL PTAs will result in your application being discontinued.

• Thriller
                Thriller commented
                Editing a comment
                Justwaiting22 thanks for the explanation. So things have changed up. We were only allowed 2 opportunities period, with the retest being 30 days after a failure.

• We need this shutdown to end so we can get some news...

Comment

• Justwaiting22
                Justwaiting22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing on my end. Has anyone heard anything since December?

• JTemple
                JTemple commented
                Editing a comment
                Nada here. Still waiting on that poly to be scheduled...

• Justwaiting22
                Justwaiting22 commented
                Editing a comment
                JTemple we are in the same boat. So close but far away.

• JPlowry
                JPlowry commented
                Editing a comment
                Finally a bit of good news. Hopefully we’ll get polygraph emails soon.

• Hey guys, I’ve gotten word even during the shutdown. Got a MAC inv so there are emails being sent out.

Comment

• JTemple
                JTemple commented
                Editing a comment
                Good news! Congrats

• Got an email yesterday night that the February MAC in DC is still going on. This includes coming back for the psych eval the following day if you pass all MAC components.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6421 users online. 388 members and 6033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X