Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for anyone who hasnt taken the PT test yet, I would definitely incorporate some planks into your workout routine. After the 300 meter sprint a lot of people are gassed and practicing planks helps you maintain good form throughout the rest of the test

Comment

• Hope all is going well. I'm in the 2018 application process. I'll be taking the written test Friday, November 16 in Albuquerque. Going through the process through the El Paso SAC. I was unable to do any of the MAC due to work. I'll update as time goes on. Best of luck!

Comment

• Was wondering if someone can explain something to me. I was looking to apply for a special agent position in New York. On the DEA website under the New York office it mentions to send a resume to them between November and January (don't remember exactly dates). I did just that, but is that all? Just want to make sure I did everything right and didn't miss something.

Comment

• JTemple
          JTemple commented
          Editing a comment
          The 2018 job announcement has closed so I would definitely contact your recruiter and see what all is needed. At this time it probably is just a resume, but it wouldn't hurt to get your name out there and keep in touch with the recruiter. He/she is going to be your main contact for the entire hiring process.

• Space Ranger
          Space Ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Thought it was odd that something was posted now when everyone else keeps talking about May. Figured every office might hire at a different rate.

• Applied August 2018
        written September 26 2018
        MAC (interview/pt/psych) November 17, 2018
        COL November 17, 2018

Comment

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I got the MAC in February. Doing the written, physical, interview, and the written psych.
          Prior military, Law enforcement working narcotics, overseas security contractor, and currently working for the BOP.

• Got my invite to phase 3 in STL today.

Comment

• Anyone have any good info on the post conditional offer process? I’m not asking for information you can’t disclose. I was told people that got a final offer in June were offered a January date. How’d that play out?

Comment

• patriot17
            patriot17 commented
            Editing a comment
            If your asking the steps needed to be completed after COL, then its
            Medical
            Oral Psy
            Drug Test
            PT test (either as a recert or if you failed the first one)
            Poly
            BI
            You'll get the call contingent on completing the BI and passing everything else (and hiring panel), or if youre given an interim clearance while waiting for BI to finish.
            Last edited by patriot17; 11-23-2018, 01:22 PM.

• JPlowry
            JPlowry commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate the response. I’m familiar with the process. I guess I’m inquiring more about the time frame it’s taken other people to complete the remaining steps. Also, I was told that no matter what I’ll have to take the PTT 30 days before an academy.

• Hey guys is anyone on these forums current DEA? and willing to answer a question I have. Especially if anyone is in the San Diego Office. Please PM me. I am a current FED DHS.

Comment

• Testing here in Houston next month. Anybody have any ideas of upcoming Academy dates?

Comment

• JTemple
              JTemple commented
              Editing a comment
              January 6th and March are the next two

• Anyone from NY hear anything about moving forward? I attenddd orientation the beginning of September.

Comment

• cpa223
              cpa223 commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't heard anything yet either...I emailed the recruiter like a month later to follow up and still no response

• CPAAPP
              CPAAPP commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh okay. Thanks.

I haven’t reached out. Just trying to wait patiently. Just hard when every other state is processing candidates as quickly as they are.

• I have not seen any Philadelphia posts so I figured I would post my timeline as it started in August of 2018.

July 29th-Emailed Application Package to Recruiter
            August 16th- Day of Assessment
            September 6th- Structured Panel Interview
            November 6th- PTA
            November 23rd-Received email to schedule Medical
            November 29th- Psychological Assessment scheduled

Comment

• Anyone on here attend the dallas MAC November 17th? Medical is scheduled for Dec 5th and 6th.

Comment

• JPlowry
                JPlowry commented
                Editing a comment
                No I was in Louisville. Sounds like the south is moving people quickly though. The north east guys aren’t being processed fast at all. I as well
                Have medical scheduled next week and psyc the week before Christmas.

• JTemple
                JTemple commented
                Editing a comment
                Dallas is pretty quick (if you go MAC route) up until the poly...been waiting two months to even be scheduled for it. Huge backlog because there is a shortage of examiners

• JPlowry
                JPlowry commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya I here is the same problem they’re having with background checks. I think most people will be granted interim clearances.

• Nova307
                Nova307 commented
                Editing a comment
                Got called to schedule oral psych today too.

• Hi and hello, long time Viewer, Im attending the Tampa MAC, any suggestions or tips on any exams ill be taking?I have a question has any one failed the MAC and then got a chance to re apply? The reason I ask is because this is my law enforcement job I'm applying for. and I'm not sure what I will be looking or tested for. (Yes I know about the PT exam)
              Last edited by Djfresh; 11-28-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Nova307
                Nova307 commented
                Editing a comment
                They should have given you a packet with sample questions and explanations of each portion.

• Passed the written. Waiting for my interview and MAC invite.

Comment

• P_Pharaoh
                P_Pharaoh commented
                Editing a comment
                Did the study packet help or did you use something else? Congrats by the way!

• Saluki89
                Saluki89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, very excited to move forward.

Study packet just explains what the test is and doesn't really do much to help prepare other than to let you know what to expect. It's similar to other law enforcement written tests in some ways, and different in others. Sorry if I'm not much help, don't want to breach the NDA I signed regarding the test.

• Finally received eQIP link. Only poly left now.

Comment

• JPlowry
                JPlowry commented
                Editing a comment
                Has your poly been scheduled?

• JTemple
                JTemple commented
                Editing a comment
                I wish. Not yet, my recruiter is waiting on HQ for examiner info since there's such a shortage

• JPlowry
                JPlowry commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s what I figured. Everything has been so quick I’m not surprised the polygraph is where it slows down. I updated my eqip in July so whenever I get the invite I just have to make a small amount of changes and hit submit. With how many classes they’re planning on running this year I’m interested to see how they’ll get everyone scheduled for the polygraph in time.

• First time posting. Have completed everything but the poly and still waiting on Equip. I currently have a TS clearance. Spoke to dc 3 weeks ago and was told I was in the background phase. Not sure how cause I haven't received equip yet. I attended MAC in Aug. Are they granting interim if I have current TS and how long does it take to get equip email?

Comment

• Ss8541hill
                Ss8541hill commented
                Editing a comment
                I too am just waiting on my BI. They spoke with my last 2 jobs and some of my references but there has been no word in the last few weeks. No one has contacted my current job or myself.

• JTemple
                JTemple commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes you will get interim. They're doing that for most applicants, especially if you have current clearance. You entered the background phase once your recruiter sent in your prints. Pretty sure this is a formality though because I'm pretty sure OPM doesn't really do anything with your file until you get the eQIP and fill it out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5822 users online. 347 members and 5475 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X