Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC here too.

Comment

Whose doing MACs? They going around the country assessing applicants? To those who got invited, who sent the email invite? Your local recruiting office or HQ?

Comment

• plt2014
        plt2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's being done in different cities across the country. It's being handles by HQ and the email will come from HQ

• fcarreno
        fcarreno commented
        Editing a comment
        From Miami.. still waiting

• RionAlpaca
        RionAlpaca commented
        Editing a comment
        The recruiter for down here in the Houston region responded to me that he doesn’t know of any MAC upcoming for applicants down here. So going the MAC route or doing all the testing individually depends on where you apply out of apparently. Sounds like the MAC is the better way to go, but I’ll be happy with just a test date after applying back in June.

There is a MAC in Dallas in November, maybe you can still catch it RionAlpaca

Comment

• RionAlpaca
        RionAlpaca commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t think you could be scheduled for a MAC in a region outside the one where you applied to. Not that I’d have any problem with that, I’d be more than willing to make the trip.

• RionAlpaca
        RionAlpaca commented
        Editing a comment
        Turns out they are having a MAC in Houston next month. I got the invite, so that was a nice suprise.

• Kayem0429
        Kayem0429 commented
        Editing a comment
        What? Have you confirmed the dates with HQ already? I'd been waiting my confirmation for Dallas. It's been almost 2 weeks.

What are the specific dates for Houston?

• RionAlpaca
        RionAlpaca commented
        Editing a comment
        The date I’m scheduled for is Oct 9, and I have confirmed it. I dont know of any other dates.

Recently applied. I've been working out specifically for the fitness test. I'd rather barely pass than not pass by a long shot. Excited for this long process.

From Ohio.

Comment

Interviewed this week in Philadelphia and fingerprinted right after. I was told to contact the office when I am ready to complete the PTA.

Comment

From CA but currently stationed in TX for 6 months for military training.

Recruiter from back home told me I could attend MAC in TX. I'd sent HQ an email requesting the dates last week but haven't heard anything back.. Anyone else on the same boat?

Comment

• NJdevilsFingersCrossed
            Editing a comment
            There is one in September in El Paso. Dallas in November and San Antonio in February. Deadlines for each one is 7 days prior to start.

• Kayem0429
            Kayem0429 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right, I'm just wondering when they'Il get back to me to confirm my dates.

• NJdevilsFingersCrossed
            Editing a comment
            I would reach out to them to see what is going on.

Why are so many offices scheduling testing before the close of the announcement?

Comment

Waiting to see if HQ is moving me forward. Atl area.

Comment

I submitted all of my paperwork in August and the recruiter told me I was in the system. I received an email today about testing later this month. When I confirmed I could attend the testing I was told there are no longer any spots available. Anyone have experience with this?

Comment

• RionAlpaca
                RionAlpaca commented
                Editing a comment
                No I haven’t heard of that happening before, that’s a huge bummer. My invite made it seem like I already had a testing spot reserved, it was just up to me to confirm before the date and time mentioned in the email. Quick turn-around though on getting an invite, hopefully you’ll get another one soon.

• JPlowry
                JPlowry commented
                Editing a comment
                I was told that for the Louisville Office but i called him and he fit me in. He said it was a space issue and if I didn’t mind being cramped a little then I could attend so I don’t think it’s a problem with your application. I think it’s just a logistical issue with the size of the offices. When I went we were all packed in a small conference room but it worked fine.

I met the minimum requirement per HQ's determination but I'm a bit concerned whether or not I will make it through due to my short experience. Does anyone know if the hiring board cuts people for lack of experience even after the initial review? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• DrewC2016
                DrewC2016 commented
                Editing a comment
                What's your background/experience?

• patriot17
                patriot17 commented
                Editing a comment
                plenty of people have and are making it through with minimum experience. If DEA deems your qualified, all you have to do is excel the rest of the process. Dont overthink.

• Kayem0429
                Kayem0429 commented
                Editing a comment
                1 year in local LE
                5 years in Army NG (full/part-time) Infantry, Signals Intel Analyst
                Native level in a foreign language
                80+ credits, no degree

First time Post, long time viewer. Here is my timeline so far:

May 2017 - Written exams completed. Was told I failed the exam.
              November 2017 - Was notified that the exam was re-evaluated and that I actually passed the exam. Was already called by another agency and accepted the offer.
              September 2018 - Re-applied to the DEA.

Lets see what happens this time around.

Comment

How'd people do that took MAC's in September??

Comment

• Mhuck
                  Mhuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What exactly is the MAC?

• jragen6
                  jragen6 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mhuck:

Mobile Assessment Center
                  It is where they do the written test, interview, and physical fit test all in a few days. Expedited process.

I was wondering how long it took to hear back once you responded to the MAC email? I emailed Sep 11 indicating that I wished to participate in a Feb MAC. I have yet to receive a response.

Comment

• plt2014
                  plt2014 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I emailed august 12th or so for the November Mac and just got an email last night. so i'd guess about a month or so prior they will respond.

• jonesdr
                  jonesdr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last night must have been the night to respond because I too heard back about my MAC inquiry.

Recently passed the written phase. Being processed out of Louisville Ky. The RAC told us that “60% of the agency is retirement eligible and the floodgates are open for years to come” I’m hoping to get through all remaining phases in November at mobile assessment. Anyone else hearing similar talk? My recruiter said he wanted to get everyone he’s processing into a January class.

Comment

Check your emails guys
                  Last edited by Tommy_V; 09-27-2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11286 users online. 458 members and 10828 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X