Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if being disqualified from a FLE agency prevents a final offer from another? I was disqualified from this other agency due to PFT. Long story short, I had some issues that I've since resolved and am now in the right place physically and mentally. Also during that application process, I greatly lost interest in employment with that agency. The thing is I'm unsure if DEA knows or cares that I applied with this other agency and was unable to pass the PFT. I have not been able to find any information regarding being disqualified from one agency due to PFT and applying to another. I am currently processing with the DEA but have not had a chance to meet with an applicant coordinator. I will obviously be upfront about this information, but I just would like to know if it has any bearing on the process.
    Last edited by Rusch; 08-04-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusch View Post
      Does anyone know if being disqualified from a FLE agency prevents a final offer from another? I was disqualified from this other agency due to PFT. Long story short, I had some issues that I've since resolved and am now in the right place physically and mentally. Also during that application process, I greatly lost interest in employment with that agency. The thing is I'm unsure if DEA knows or cares that I applied with this other agency and was unable to pass the PFT. I have not been able to find any information regarding being disqualified from one agency due to PFT and applying to another. I am currently processing with the DEA but have not had a chance to meet with an applicant coordinator. I will obviously be upfront about this information, but I just would like to know if it has any bearing on the process.
      They won't care if you failed the PFT with another agency. All they care about is you passing THEIR PFT, which is harder than most.

Failing a PFT isn't a big deal, people fail them all the time. For DEA, I'd say 90% don't pass it.

Comment

I received the invitation to test in a few weeks in Philadelphia. It stated it was just the Observe and Recall, Grammar, and written assessment. Do some offices interview after this or is that only certain locations? Thanks.

Comment

Just tossed in all my documents for this position. Waiting on an invite to test!

Comment

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t gotten back the occupational questionnaire. I submitted everything else. How long did it take for you to get the 306 and questionnaire? I guess every FO is different.

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe I’m misunderstanding something. When I inquired about the job announcement, an email was sent to me asking for the OF306 and questionnaire to be completed and emailed along with my resume. I received that email 3 days from asking about the job announcement.

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay cool. No, I don’t think you are misunderstanding anything; that was my question. I actually saw on the NY page that we will get ou questionnaire at the initial orientation if we are invited. I don’t know if NY actually had any orientations yet though.

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right on. I contacted the DC office originally. It’ll be nice once we’re all on the same page.

Submitted my resume and questionnaire 2 weeks ago...just waiting to hear something.

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you supposed to reach out to a recruiter via email and request the questionnaire?

• raptor170
            raptor170 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. When I emailed them, they sent forms for me to fill out. Also, the DEA has a job announcement on their website for Special Agent that provides the forms and who to email them to.

• 1RidgeRunner7
            1RidgeRunner7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, I did see their website. I saw what forms they need. I just needed clarity on the questionnaire. Didn’t know whether I need to call or email. Good luck.

Testing in Boston at the end of September. Hittin the track in the meantime. The 300 kinda sucks

Comment

• Rusch
            Rusch commented
            Editing a comment
            The 300 is the worst part for me. Not necessarily because it's hard, which it is, but because it's so draining. With the other three events you can pace yourself, but with the sprint you have to push the pace as hard as you can.

Guys, anybody here from the Miami/South FL area?

Comment

• plt2014
            plt2014 commented
            Editing a comment
            As far as I can tell from the email yes.

• Kayem0429
            Kayem0429 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you get a confirmation email back from HQ? It's been almost two weeks since I emailed them and haven't heard back.

• fcarreno
            fcarreno commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing yet for Miami. I know theres a MAC here nov 15. I wouldnt expect to get invited until a few weeks prior. Also i know a few months ago they were still processing applicants from 2017, (speaking for the miami office) so im not sure if theyre already scheduling BA2018-1. Its a waiting game

• Jason_greenman
            Jason_greenman commented
            Editing a comment
            Here out of Miami

Mobile Assessment Center

Comment

Its part of the new faster testing process. They do all the testing and interviews back-to-back within a few days on specific dates to expedite the process that used to take years. If you go under careers on dea.gov you can find out everything about the new hiting process

Comment

Hi All, just scheduled for the MAC in Dallas in November. Was told by an agent that if you fail the PT you have 90 days to retest but after that if you fail you're out of that announcement hiring and will need to apply again. Any Recruiters on here please correct me if I'm wrong. Best of luck to each of you!

Comment

You have 90 days post panel interview to pass the PT. Within that 90 days, you have three attempts. It is recommended to take your first attempt ASAP so if you fail, you have a baseline and familiarity with scoring.

Comment

Hi all,

When you are saying you "sent in" your paperwork, is that an email to the local recruiting office you're referring to? Or, are you sending hard copies via. post? Paperwork meaning, the drug questionnaire, transcripts and resume.

Comment

• ericville
                  ericville commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same with me, all correspondence has been via email to recruiter.

• raptor170
                  raptor170 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @NJdevilsFingersCrossed when did you take the exam?

• NJdevilsFingersCrossed
                  NJdevilsFingersCrossed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tested the 16th of August

• raptor170
                  raptor170 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I submitted all my paperwork late July and haven’t heard anything yet. Just curious if I should inquire.

Originally posted by Tommy_V

You're in the wrong thread HSI applicant, this is for DEA applicants.
                Btw anyone from LA or NY get called for testing yet?
                Lol.
                Last edited by HSIApplicant; 08-27-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

NYC here too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5180 users online. 392 members and 4788 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X