300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r3gul8r View Post

Right on man. Seems like you should be alright. I'm going to continue training, and once I get to a certain point where I feel comfortable, I'm going to do mock PTTs on my weekends.

My biggest concern is what I'll qualify for. I'm currently at GS-12 Step 3 in the Federal Government, so I'm hoping they don't say, "You are qualified for a GS-7 position." As much as I'd like to take the position, I just can't afford to drop that low. That's like cutting my salary in half.

I'm hoping for the El Paso Division, since I currently live nearby. I feel like I should be alright in getting EP (if everything goes well), because I don't think many want to go to El Paso.
    Update on 300m Sprint: 52.0 seconds

Not happy with this time. I want to be under 50. Practiced on a full track. Did about 20 Push ups afterwards just to see how I felt but didn't go all out; my upper body is sore/recovering from pushups and intense arm workout from yesterday. Still had some gas in the tank though. 300m sprints suck! I gas out right towards the end of the curve lol, was huffing and puffing the rest of the way. Push ups are going to my strong point. Hopefully that's where I rack up most of my points. I'm going to try and do a mock PTT this weekend.

Are you taking the written exam as well? Does the process work different for you since you already work for the government? Taking a salary cut is a major bummer.

Comment

• Sparta1
      Sparta1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the PT back in May and there were 5 of us total that did it, out of 5 of us only 1 of us passed. Not me. It is no joke. The pushups are really strict and will not count if you do not do them correctly. Chest to fist then all the way back up elbows locked out, feet together. Start practicing if you're serious about this.

Originally posted by Patriotblue View Post

Update on 300m Sprint: 52.0 seconds

Not happy with this time. I want to be under 50. Practiced on a full track. Did about 20 Push ups afterwards just to see how I felt but didn't go all out; my upper body is sore/recovering from pushups and intense arm workout from yesterday. Still had some gas in the tank though. 300m sprints suck! I gas out right towards the end of the curve lol, was huffing and puffing the rest of the way. Push ups are going to my strong point. Hopefully that's where I rack up most of my points. I'm going to try and do a mock PTT this weekend.

Are you taking the written exam as well? Does the process work different for you since you already work for the government? Taking a salary cut is a major bummer.

I'm just barely starting the process. I probably won't hear anything from OPM/HQ about what I'll qualify at for at least a month or so from now. If they offer me a low grade compared to what I'm already at, I may try to bargain with them so I don't lose a ton of money. If they say no, I may just end the process there. I can't afford half of the salary I currently make right now. (Wife & kids, house etc).

The process is gonna be the same for me as it is for you. They stated at the orientation, even if you have TS clearance, they still do their own background investigation. So I'll be taking the test, interview, medical, all of that, just like anybody else. I just know how the government works and all the ins and outs of pay/leave/etc.

I still love my current job, but I'm wanting better quality of life, little better retirement, and obviously the better pay (GS-13 and LEAP).

Comment

Does anybody have any tips when studying for the written assessment?

Comment

Anyone traveling to Detroit to test next weekend?

Comment

Did you guys submit your resumes and drug questionnaires prior to receiving the occupational questionnaire? Didn’t hear back from the FO yet.

Comment

• TheMaligator
            TheMaligator commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent in my resume first. My recruiter sent me back a 306 and another form. I wasn’t sent the packet until about 3-4 weeks later.

• CPAAPP
            CPAAPP commented
            Editing a comment
            Great. Thank you for the reply.

Good luck to everyone testing this week!

Comment

Anybody in this from NY, LA or Miami?

Comment

• CPAAPP
              CPAAPP commented
              Editing a comment
              Your PMs appear to be off. I was trying to PM you.

• Tommy_V
              Tommy_V commented
              Editing a comment
              PM sent, check your inbox

How did testing go for anyone that participated this past weekend?

Comment

• Abarrios14
              Abarrios14 commented
              Editing a comment
              Took the written last week, I think it went pretty well but I haven’t received the results because the lady that is in charge is out of the office for a super MAC. I take the PT test in 2 weeks. How was yours?

Hello everyone. New to the forum. I put in for BA2018-1 in May, out of Miami. Already had orientation, waiting on test dates. Anyone from Miami have any info or time frame??

Comment

• Jason_greenman
              Jason_greenman commented
              Editing a comment
              Scheduled for MAC in Tampa 02/07. Anyone else?

Does anyone know if being disqualified from a FLE agency prevents a final offer from another? I was disqualified from this other agency due to PFT. Long story short, I had some issues that I've since resolved and am now in the right place physically and mentally. Also during that application process, I greatly lost interest in employment with that agency. The thing is I'm unsure if DEA knows or cares that I applied with this other agency and was unable to pass the PFT. I have not been able to find any information regarding being disqualified from one agency due to PFT and applying to another. I am currently processing with the DEA but have not had a chance to meet with an applicant coordinator. I will obviously be upfront about this information, but I just would like to know if it has any bearing on the process.
            Last edited by Rusch; 08-05-2018, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusch View Post
              Does anyone know if being disqualified from a FLE agency prevents a final offer from another? I was disqualified from this other agency due to PFT. Long story short, I had some issues that I've since resolved and am now in the right place physically and mentally. Also during that application process, I greatly lost interest in employment with that agency. The thing is I'm unsure if DEA knows or cares that I applied with this other agency and was unable to pass the PFT. I have not been able to find any information regarding being disqualified from one agency due to PFT and applying to another. I am currently processing with the DEA but have not had a chance to meet with an applicant coordinator. I will obviously be upfront about this information, but I just would like to know if it has any bearing on the process.
              They won't care if you failed the PFT with another agency. All they care about is you passing THEIR PFT, which is harder than most.

Failing a PFT isn't a big deal, people fail them all the time. For DEA, I'd say 90% don't pass it.

Comment

I received the invitation to test in a few weeks in Philadelphia. It stated it was just the Observe and Recall, Grammar, and written assessment. Do some offices interview after this or is that only certain locations? Thanks.

Comment

Just tossed in all my documents for this position. Waiting on an invite to test!

Comment

• CPAAPP
                    CPAAPP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I haven’t gotten back the occupational questionnaire. I submitted everything else. How long did it take for you to get the 306 and questionnaire? I guess every FO is different.

• raptor170
                    raptor170 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe I’m misunderstanding something. When I inquired about the job announcement, an email was sent to me asking for the OF306 and questionnaire to be completed and emailed along with my resume. I received that email 3 days from asking about the job announcement.

• CPAAPP
                    CPAAPP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay cool. No, I don’t think you are misunderstanding anything; that was my question. I actually saw on the NY page that we will get ou questionnaire at the initial orientation if we are invited. I don’t know if NY actually had any orientations yet though.

• raptor170
                    raptor170 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right on. I contacted the DC office originally. It’ll be nice once we’re all on the same page.

CPAAPP I just PM'd you

Comment

What's everyone up to?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6861 users online. 354 members and 6507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X