Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 DEA SA Applicants

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Patriotblue View Post
    Update: Invite to DEA MAC. Scheduled for end of July

    So far here are my PT practice scores.

    Sit-ups: 41

    Push Ups: 65

    300M: Untested

    1.5 mi run: 11:20

    Hoping to improve in all areas. Wish me luck fellas!
    Sounds like you have plenty of points right now.

    Did a 1.5 today at 11:07. I haven't done any real working out in months, until I decided to apply to DEA. I'm more slender so my push-ups and sit-ups need some work, but I think I'll have it knocked out.

    Good luck man. What Division you hoping for?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by r3gul8r View Post

      Sounds like you have plenty of points right now.

      Did a 1.5 today at 11:07. I haven't done any real working out in months, until I decided to apply to DEA. I'm more slender so my push-ups and sit-ups need some work, but I think I'll have it knocked out.

      Good luck man. What Division you hoping for?
      Thanks!! Just gotta train. Consistency and diet is whats going to get you results. I train year around in the gym. I'm mostly lift for bodybuilding with circuit workouts mixed in (Super Sets). I'm pretty muscular all around top and bottom. @ 5'7 203lbs low body fat (lean but not shredded) . I was dieting for a show this summer but since I got the invite I switched my routine for performance/endurance. I've been consuming more calories now too to fuel these workouts. I'm going to try and practice my sprints tomorrow to see where I'm at. I'm hoping to get at least 1 point in the 300m sprint. If I can get that, I should be ok...hopefully! I'm hoping for the Chicago Division. HBU??

      Comment


      • #18
        To all who have not yet done the official PTT or even a mock one, expect your scores to be drastically different when you follow proper procedure (rest time, form, and sequence of events). The sprint will induce considerable fatigue before the push ups and 1.5. Good luck to all.

        Comment


        • r3gul8r
          r3gul8r commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn't agree more. I think practicing the mock PTT is the best way to see where you stand. Proper form is a must. I've researched all the proper ways for push-ups/sit-ups because when I first got hired on with the Federal Government, they had a set way to do them. The form they want vs the form you think is the right way could be the line of passing/failing.

      • #19
        Originally posted by Patriotblue View Post

        Thanks!! Just gotta train. Consistency and diet is whats going to get you results. I train year around in the gym. I'm mostly lift for bodybuilding with circuit workouts mixed in (Super Sets). I'm pretty muscular all around top and bottom. @ 5'7 203lbs low body fat (lean but not shredded) . I was dieting for a show this summer but since I got the invite I switched my routine for performance/endurance. I've been consuming more calories now too to fuel these workouts. I'm going to try and practice my sprints tomorrow to see where I'm at. I'm hoping to get at least 1 point in the 300m sprint. If I can get that, I should be ok...hopefully! I'm hoping for the Chicago Division. HBU??
        Right on man. Seems like you should be alright. I'm going to continue training, and once I get to a certain point where I feel comfortable, I'm going to do mock PTTs on my weekends.

        My biggest concern is what I'll qualify for. I'm currently at GS-12 Step 3 in the Federal Government, so I'm hoping they don't say, "You are qualified for a GS-7 position." As much as I'd like to take the position, I just can't afford to drop that low. That's like cutting my salary in half.

        I'm hoping for the El Paso Division, since I currently live nearby. I feel like I should be alright in getting EP (if everything goes well), because I don't think many want to go to El Paso.

        Comment


        • Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had this conversation the other day with one of my coworkers. For many that are already Fed LEOs (at the GS 12) the drop to a 7/10 and loss of premium pay/FLSA would amount to a total loss of around 100K over the following 6 or so years. Since a GS 13 w/Leap makes about 8 or 9 K more than a GS 12 w/premium pay and FLSA it would take 13 or 14 years to actually break even financially.

          Granted your pension would be slightly higher but not worth it in my book. Especially when you factor in the risk of injury at the academy. For those looking for a different location or wanting a different badge it may be enough but financially it’s definitely not worth it.

      • #20
        I applied for BA2018-1 back at the end of April, filled out all preliminary paperwork in may and was told to wait "several months" to hear anything back. I called my recruiter three weeks ago and he told me to be patient and hopefully I'd hear something within 1-2 months. Seeing as you guys are already getting invites to orientations... am I missing something?

        Comment


        • #21
          Originally posted by TheMaligator View Post
          I applied for BA2018-1 back at the end of April, filled out all preliminary paperwork in may and was told to wait "several months" to hear anything back. I called my recruiter three weeks ago and he told me to be patient and hopefully I'd hear something within 1-2 months. Seeing as you guys are already getting invites to orientations... am I missing something?
          I wouldn't think about it too much. The orientation doesn't really mean much. I was thinking before going that it could streamline some things, such as testing/interview but negative. I think it's something in the recruiting department to get applicants more understanding of the job, requirements, and what everything entails. I pretty much knew everything they talked about before going to this orientation by doing my own research. I thought I might as well go so they can put a face to a resume.

          I don't think this orientation helps moves the process along, what-so-ever. I'm at the stage of waiting to hear if and what I qualify for, such as grade etc.

          Comment


          • TheMaligator
            TheMaligator commented
            Editing a comment
            I filled out the 306, and some other forms but haven’t been contacted by HR for anything. I just received an email from my Recruiter in May that said “Dear Special Agent Applicant, fill out all forms and scan back etc etc.” Those were in addition to the 306 but haven’t heard anything since.

        • #22
          From the time I sent my 306 to my recruiter to the time I received the invite to the MAC it was 1 month. HQ is doing all the invites so dont expect anything to be expedited. If you are qualified you will be invited

          Comment


          • TheMaligator
            TheMaligator commented
            Editing a comment
            I get what you’re saying. Also, the guys on the 2017 thread said to expect to wait 6 months from the time I sent in my 306. It could all depend on location, I’m far from underqualified if that would be the case.

        • #23
          Originally posted by r3gul8r View Post

          Right on man. Seems like you should be alright. I'm going to continue training, and once I get to a certain point where I feel comfortable, I'm going to do mock PTTs on my weekends.

          My biggest concern is what I'll qualify for. I'm currently at GS-12 Step 3 in the Federal Government, so I'm hoping they don't say, "You are qualified for a GS-7 position." As much as I'd like to take the position, I just can't afford to drop that low. That's like cutting my salary in half.

          I'm hoping for the El Paso Division, since I currently live nearby. I feel like I should be alright in getting EP (if everything goes well), because I don't think many want to go to El Paso.
          Update on 300m Sprint: 52.0 seconds

          Not happy with this time. I want to be under 50. Practiced on a full track. Did about 20 Push ups afterwards just to see how I felt but didn't go all out; my upper body is sore/recovering from pushups and intense arm workout from yesterday. Still had some gas in the tank though. 300m sprints suck! I gas out right towards the end of the curve lol, was huffing and puffing the rest of the way. Push ups are going to my strong point. Hopefully that's where I rack up most of my points. I'm going to try and do a mock PTT this weekend.

          Are you taking the written exam as well? Does the process work different for you since you already work for the government? Taking a salary cut is a major bummer.



          Comment


          • Sparta1
            Sparta1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did the PT back in May and there were 5 of us total that did it, out of 5 of us only 1 of us passed. Not me. It is no joke. The pushups are really strict and will not count if you do not do them correctly. Chest to fist then all the way back up elbows locked out, feet together. Start practicing if you're serious about this.

        • #24
          Originally posted by Patriotblue View Post

          Update on 300m Sprint: 52.0 seconds

          Not happy with this time. I want to be under 50. Practiced on a full track. Did about 20 Push ups afterwards just to see how I felt but didn't go all out; my upper body is sore/recovering from pushups and intense arm workout from yesterday. Still had some gas in the tank though. 300m sprints suck! I gas out right towards the end of the curve lol, was huffing and puffing the rest of the way. Push ups are going to my strong point. Hopefully that's where I rack up most of my points. I'm going to try and do a mock PTT this weekend.

          Are you taking the written exam as well? Does the process work different for you since you already work for the government? Taking a salary cut is a major bummer.


          I'm just barely starting the process. I probably won't hear anything from OPM/HQ about what I'll qualify at for at least a month or so from now. If they offer me a low grade compared to what I'm already at, I may try to bargain with them so I don't lose a ton of money. If they say no, I may just end the process there. I can't afford half of the salary I currently make right now. (Wife & kids, house etc).

          The process is gonna be the same for me as it is for you. They stated at the orientation, even if you have TS clearance, they still do their own background investigation. So I'll be taking the test, interview, medical, all of that, just like anybody else. I just know how the government works and all the ins and outs of pay/leave/etc.

          I still love my current job, but I'm wanting better quality of life, little better retirement, and obviously the better pay (GS-13 and LEAP).

          Comment


          • #25
            Does anybody have any tips when studying for the written assessment?

            Comment


            • #26
              Anyone traveling to Detroit to test next weekend?

              Comment


              • #27
                Did you guys submit your resumes and drug questionnaires prior to receiving the occupational questionnaire? Didn’t hear back from the FO yet.

                Comment


                • TheMaligator
                  TheMaligator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sent in my resume first. My recruiter sent me back a 306 and another form. I wasn’t sent the packet until about 3-4 weeks later.

                • CPAAPP
                  CPAAPP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great. Thank you for the reply.

              • #28
                Good luck to everyone testing this week!

                Comment


                • #29
                  How did testing go for anyone that participated this past weekend?

                  Comment


                  • Abarrios14
                    Abarrios14 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Took the written last week, I think it went pretty well but I haven’t received the results because the lady that is in charge is out of the office for a super MAC. I take the PT test in 2 weeks. How was yours?

                • #30
                  Hello everyone. New to the forum. I put in for BA2018-1 in May, out of Miami. Already had orientation, waiting on test dates. Anyone from Miami have any info or time frame??

                  Comment


                  • Jason_greenman
                    Jason_greenman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Scheduled for MAC in Tampa 02/07. Anyone else?

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 3104 users online. 205 members and 2899 guests.

                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X