300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r3gul8r View Post
    I have the DEA Orientation tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone can give me a time table. What should I expect at the orientation? Test/Interview?

If all goes well, when should I expect the next part of the process? PTA etc.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Wear a suit and tie
    Last edited by Tommy_V; 07-09-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

Wear a suit and tie
      Every interview I go to, including first day on the job, I always wear a suit and tie. I was just wondering about the break down of the process, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow at the orientation.

Comment

First time poster on this thread. I also got invited to the DEA mobile assessment center. I’m attending in August

Comment

• JPlowry
          JPlowry commented
          Editing a comment
          How strict were they with push up and sit up form at the Mac?

Anyone in this announcement from Los Angeles, Miami or New York?

If so did any of you get called to test?
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 07-10-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Went to the Orientation today. It was pretty much what I expected. They go over the the details of the job, pay, leave, training and all of that. Most of the stuff I pretty much knew, being a federal employee already, and doing research on the DEA SA job before hand.

However, there were some new agents there that answered some questions, which was pretty cool. They definitely stress the PT Test because they say a majority of the applicants don't pass it. And, unfortunately, looking around the orientation today (about 10-12 people), I would easily say 90% of them there will not continue the process due to the PT test.

Comment

• Chambers26
            Chambers26 commented
            Editing a comment
            When I went to take the written test I was thinking exactly the same thing, 90% wont pass PT lol. I know someone who took the PT recently and said out of 10 people who attended only 2 people passed

Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
          The physical assessment is now done prior to the conditional offer due to too many applicants failing it later in the process.
          PM sent

Comment

Update: Invite to DEA MAC. Scheduled for end of July

So far here are my PT practice scores.

Sit-ups: 41

Push Ups: 65

300M: Untested

1.5 mi run: 11:20

Hoping to improve in all areas. Wish me luck fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Patriotblue View Post
              Update: Invite to DEA MAC. Scheduled for end of July

So far here are my PT practice scores.

Sit-ups: 41

Push Ups: 65

300M: Untested

1.5 mi run: 11:20

Hoping to improve in all areas. Wish me luck fellas!
              Sounds like you have plenty of points right now.

Did a 1.5 today at 11:07. I haven't done any real working out in months, until I decided to apply to DEA. I'm more slender so my push-ups and sit-ups need some work, but I think I'll have it knocked out.

Good luck man. What Division you hoping for?

Comment

Originally posted by r3gul8r View Post

Sounds like you have plenty of points right now.

Did a 1.5 today at 11:07. I haven't done any real working out in months, until I decided to apply to DEA. I'm more slender so my push-ups and sit-ups need some work, but I think I'll have it knocked out.

Good luck man. What Division you hoping for?
                Thanks!! Just gotta train. Consistency and diet is whats going to get you results. I train year around in the gym. I'm mostly lift for bodybuilding with circuit workouts mixed in (Super Sets). I'm pretty muscular all around top and bottom. @ 5'7 203lbs low body fat (lean but not shredded) . I was dieting for a show this summer but since I got the invite I switched my routine for performance/endurance. I've been consuming more calories now too to fuel these workouts. I'm going to try and practice my sprints tomorrow to see where I'm at. I'm hoping to get at least 1 point in the 300m sprint. If I can get that, I should be ok...hopefully! I'm hoping for the Chicago Division. HBU??

Comment

To all who have not yet done the official PTT or even a mock one, expect your scores to be drastically different when you follow proper procedure (rest time, form, and sequence of events). The sprint will induce considerable fatigue before the push ups and 1.5. Good luck to all.

Comment

• r3gul8r
                    r3gul8r commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I couldn't agree more. I think practicing the mock PTT is the best way to see where you stand. Proper form is a must. I've researched all the proper ways for push-ups/sit-ups because when I first got hired on with the Federal Government, they had a set way to do them. The form they want vs the form you think is the right way could be the line of passing/failing.

Originally posted by Patriotblue View Post

Thanks!! Just gotta train. Consistency and diet is whats going to get you results. I train year around in the gym. I'm mostly lift for bodybuilding with circuit workouts mixed in (Super Sets). I'm pretty muscular all around top and bottom. @ 5'7 203lbs low body fat (lean but not shredded) . I was dieting for a show this summer but since I got the invite I switched my routine for performance/endurance. I've been consuming more calories now too to fuel these workouts. I'm going to try and practice my sprints tomorrow to see where I'm at. I'm hoping to get at least 1 point in the 300m sprint. If I can get that, I should be ok...hopefully! I'm hoping for the Chicago Division. HBU??
                  Right on man. Seems like you should be alright. I'm going to continue training, and once I get to a certain point where I feel comfortable, I'm going to do mock PTTs on my weekends.

My biggest concern is what I'll qualify for. I'm currently at GS-12 Step 3 in the Federal Government, so I'm hoping they don't say, "You are qualified for a GS-7 position." As much as I'd like to take the position, I just can't afford to drop that low. That's like cutting my salary in half.

I'm hoping for the El Paso Division, since I currently live nearby. I feel like I should be alright in getting EP (if everything goes well), because I don't think many want to go to El Paso.

Comment

• Exbpa340
                    Exbpa340 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had this conversation the other day with one of my coworkers. For many that are already Fed LEOs (at the GS 12) the drop to a 7/10 and loss of premium pay/FLSA would amount to a total loss of around 100K over the following 6 or so years. Since a GS 13 w/Leap makes about 8 or 9 K more than a GS 12 w/premium pay and FLSA it would take 13 or 14 years to actually break even financially.

Granted your pension would be slightly higher but not worth it in my book. Especially when you factor in the risk of injury at the academy. For those looking for a different location or wanting a different badge it may be enough but financially it’s definitely not worth it.

I applied for BA2018-1 back at the end of April, filled out all preliminary paperwork in may and was told to wait "several months" to hear anything back. I called my recruiter three weeks ago and he told me to be patient and hopefully I'd hear something within 1-2 months. Seeing as you guys are already getting invites to orientations... am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaligator View Post
                    I applied for BA2018-1 back at the end of April, filled out all preliminary paperwork in may and was told to wait "several months" to hear anything back. I called my recruiter three weeks ago and he told me to be patient and hopefully I'd hear something within 1-2 months. Seeing as you guys are already getting invites to orientations... am I missing something?
                    I wouldn't think about it too much. The orientation doesn't really mean much. I was thinking before going that it could streamline some things, such as testing/interview but negative. I think it's something in the recruiting department to get applicants more understanding of the job, requirements, and what everything entails. I pretty much knew everything they talked about before going to this orientation by doing my own research. I thought I might as well go so they can put a face to a resume.

I don't think this orientation helps moves the process along, what-so-ever. I'm at the stage of waiting to hear if and what I qualify for, such as grade etc.

Comment

• TheMaligator
                      TheMaligator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I filled out the 306, and some other forms but haven’t been contacted by HR for anything. I just received an email from my Recruiter in May that said “Dear Special Agent Applicant, fill out all forms and scan back etc etc.” Those were in addition to the 306 but haven’t heard anything since.

From the time I sent my 306 to my recruiter to the time I received the invite to the MAC it was 1 month. HQ is doing all the invites so dont expect anything to be expedited. If you are qualified you will be invited

Comment

• TheMaligator
                      TheMaligator commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I get what you’re saying. Also, the guys on the 2017 thread said to expect to wait 6 months from the time I sent in my 306. It could all depend on location, I’m far from underqualified if that would be the case.

Originally posted by Chambers26 View Post
                    From the time I sent my 306 to my recruiter to the time I received the invite to the MAC it was 1 month. HQ is doing all the invites so dont expect anything to be expedited. If you are qualified you will be invited
                    In past announcements the local division office sent out invites for testing...where are you hearing this from ? I don’t see why HQ would send the invites when the division offices are doing all the related work

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3966 users online. 156 members and 3810 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X