Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told my BI was completed by OPM but was waiting for adjudication by the DOJ . I have not done my poly yet

Comment

• Mikelowry,

Congratulations, I hope you hear something soon. Do you currently work for a federal agency, or already possess a TS clearance? I was told, and have read on here, the BI part of the process was backed up and short staffed.

Comment

• Mikelowry
        Mikelowry commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate it . I am currently a police officer and I only possess a Secret clearance from the military.

Yeah it’s ridiculous how short staff they are . I’m trying to have as much patience as possibly but it’s hard as I’m sure you all know

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Short staffed as in personnel to process the applicant information? I'm asking because OPM would contract backgrounds for DEA out to contractors. Backgrounds are now going through the DOD, as of the beginning of the month. My section/employer conducts them, and we aren't short staffed. The issue we are having is that DOD has not been assigning work.

• Are there any current SA in here, or recently graduated from the academy? I have a few questions about the position, as I am getting close. If you could PM, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Comment

• I’m talking short staff as in DEA conducting the polygraphs

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup thats what I was told as well. I got an invite to a MAC outside of my city after passing my written test at my FO, and opted not to attend (not mandatory). Don't see the point in getting the other stuff out of the way ASAP when theres such a shortage on polygraphers.

• Mikelowry
          Mikelowry commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly I would have went to MAC. One step down in the process is better than no steps . Especially after MAC they would have sent your packet To get an eqip code to complete your SF-86 and then onto backgrounds

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought about it, but the two cities where its being held isn't nearby. For the past month and a half my area is for a lack of a better term furloughed, due to no BI work being assigned by the DOD. As a result no one has been able to get any income, so I'm being a little cautious financially. The MAC is great if you haven't completed any steps. I could see problems coming doing one portion at an FO, then going to a MAC because it seems they keep recruiters out of the loop with the MAC. I got the email for the MAC and it was directly from HQ.

• Mikelowry
          Mikelowry commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah I see yeah sometimes it seems like HQ and the recruiters are reading the same book but not on the same chapter . I hope it all works out for you though

• Got the call for BAT 223 a few days ago.

Comment

• Eagleknight07
          Eagleknight07 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man!! Mid nov?

• 367TX
          367TX commented
          Editing a comment
          October 27

• green_machine22
          green_machine22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man! When did you take your poly? Hanging in limbo and trying to gauge how long it takes between the poly and an offer.

• Anyone know.....Is final PTA done at the division office? Or will they test you more locally?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          They were testing people for their final PT test with us on our first go around.

• Completed my final PTA. Just waiting for the call I guess. Hear the next academy date is January 2020. Anyone else just waiting for the call at this point?
        Last edited by green_machine22; 11-08-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Mardan777
          Mardan777 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve completed the polygraph last month. They started my background in august. I wasn’t told if i passed the poly. Did you? I was told the next class starts January 5. What office are you out of?

• green_machine22
          Editing a comment
          Yes, passed the poly. I'm out of Houston office.
          Last edited by green_machine22; 11-08-2019, 10:09 AM.

• Mardan777
          Mardan777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im out of the houston office too. I guess ill keep on waiting for that email. Thanks for the info!

• I heard the same. Check your inbox

Comment

• Mardan777
          Mardan777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you’ve done your poly?

• How many trainees are there per class? And does DEA have a location preference sheet?

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Whats the difference between a division office and anything else? In the process but haven't had this explained to me

• green_machine22
          Editing a comment
          If you go on the DEA website you can find the division offices. Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit are all division offices

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          I see it now thank you. So the other 4 you can list are just smaller satellite offices?

• green_machine22
          Editing a comment
          Nonotnow.....yes. The other 4 can be smaller satellite offices

• Got the call for BAT 224, headed to academy Jan 5, 2020

Comment

• cbp1363
          cbp1363 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! How does the preference sheet work?

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          He said this last post up.

Not sure on class size. Yes they'll send you a list of all the stations and cross off the ones that do not have availability. You get to pick 7, and 3 have to be division offices.

• Alyk
          Alyk commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Alyk; 11-18-2019, 01:39 PM.

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll be happy to finally be contacted for my poly...

• COL forms completed and sent. How long until others heard back to continue the process? Can I travel to complete it faster?

Comment

• If anyone if going through the SF office, send me a pm

Comment

• Figured I would chime in my time line has been:

April 2018- Applied
            July 2018- Got injured which caused me to pull out of MAC in August.
            February 2019: Completed MAC in Nashville-PT, written, psych, and interview.
            March 2019: drug test
            April 2019: Medical
            April 2019: Psych interview
            July 2019: E-Qip
            September 2019: Polygraph
            October 2019: Final PT test
            November 2019: BI

Hoping to get the call for January. Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• leophilly001
              leophilly001 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice! Seems like everything after MAC was equally spaced away. How long after the COL were you contacted about scheduling next parts?

• Mardan777
              Mardan777 commented
              Editing a comment
              What office are you out of? I’ve completed my polygraph on October but haven’t heard anything. They did my background in August. But no word yet.

• Jcrump34
              Jcrump34 commented
              Editing a comment
              Leophilly, it was about 2 months or so. I’m out of Louisville so I’m sure it’s different other places.

• Jcrump34
              Jcrump34 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mardan, I’m out of the Louisville division. I took a last minute cancellation on the polygraph which I’m guessing is why i did my polygraph before BI. Hopefully we hear something shortly, I know the next class starts in January so fingers crossed.

• Does anyone know how long after the poly does an applicant get a failure notice if they failed? What is the method they’re notifying candidates? I heard it’s US mail.

Comment

• I got an email to test ASAP for another pt test. Could this mean possible selection for an upcoming class?

Comment

• BlakSupaman
                BlakSupaman commented
                Editing a comment
                When did you take the PT Test last?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6449 users online. 345 members and 6104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X