Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info! At what point in your process did they send you the e-quip link?

Comment

• jpbethel_87
      jpbethel_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I made a mistake and left that out, My equip and background was done around April 2019.

• Gotcha, I still have yet to receive the e-quip link... maybe they’ll send it after my poly?

Comment

• jay1
      jay1 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I’ve seen so far, everyone always completes their e-qip before the poly is scheduled.

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      I did this back in 2017, and when I did it it was Poly first, then like 2 months later it was Eqip

• For those that already have a TS/SCI prior to applying, what has your experience been like after you finshed your poly? How long did you have to wait till you heard anything?
    Last edited by admm; 09-17-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• If I pass everything at the MAC but not the PT. Will I get another chance at a later date to try the PT test again?

Comment

• TXFL1987
        TXFL1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        You’ll get another chance. You’ll receive an email in a few days or weeks. They’ll ask you to schedule the written portion, interview, and PT again. If all you need is the PT portion, then you’ll just ask to schedule that. That is the boat I’m in. I have hired a personal trainer and signed up for other fitness type courses. If I fail the PT a second time... well I gave it my all.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I failed then took it a month later and passed.

• Blue Steel
        Blue Steel commented
        Editing a comment
        I would avoid the gym If you're short on time to train. Heavy lifting and a Personal Trainer isn't going to get you test ready IMHO. I would be doing push-ups and sit-ups EVERY day/night. Time yourself with a wrist watch and perform with perfect form. I used a car wash 3" sponge for push-ups. Be sure to keep your eyes and head forward and never stop movement. Do half sit-ups in the Down position AND Up position until failure to strengthen and break the plane during normal sit-up movement progression, touching the top of the knees with elbows,. Lastly, you should be running at a track at least 3-4 days a week minimum. Perform 100M, 200M, 300M Sprint repeats. For the 1.5 Mile, you should work on pace and not too much distance. Keep the endurance runs 2-3 miles 1-2 week. Work on Speed. Remember to do Dynamic and Static stretching, foam roll, and ice shins.

If you have to train indoors due to weather, I would use only a treadmill to perform the entire routine. I did this at home a bunch before my test. Sit-ups, 300M Sprint (Full Speed), Push-ups, 1.5 Mile run (1-2 Degree Incline). Be sure to perform with perfect form and time 5-10 minutes between exercises. You can also use a trainer mask to make the runs challenging.
        Last edited by Blue Steel; 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM.

• TXFL1987
        TXFL1987 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it’s dependent on how much time someone has before a PT test. The body can reach a plateau. Meaning I’ll get a certain amount of pushups or sit-ups and I can’t go beyond that. That’s when one must incorporate different exercises. That’ll keep the muscles in the body guessing. For me I have a personal trainer twice a week and we do almost no weight lifting (focus on HIIT), run two miles over a bridge once a week (bridge has steady incline), the rest of my time I incorporate 2-2.50 mile run on treadmills with body weight exercises. I monitor the heart rate and try to get max heart rate at least four times on the treadmill. That way the heart is constantly up and down.
        Last edited by TXFL1987; 09-18-2019, 05:55 PM.

• For those that passed the MAC in August and received a COL, have you heard anything since? It has been dead silent on my end after sending in the paperwork. I am processing through the DC Office

Comment

• ShieldOfFaith
        ShieldOfFaith commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm hoping once the new fiscal year starts they will start picking up the speed again.

• preacherman
        preacherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the MAC in August as well. I emailed my division recruiter and he says there waiting on polygraph examiners because their short. I haven’t received the e-quip yet either though.

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        preacherman, what field office you out of? Im SFO, waiting on an available polygrapher since July.

• preacherman
        preacherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that’s a long time. I guess I should count on a similar wait then. Out of Houston division

• Question for anyone far into the background or similar experience or current agents (if any) browsing... I would assume there will be a question that asks if I've been involved in a fight in adult years or something to that extent (as I had come across that at a different LE agency during their background check). Is that something that would be a major issue at DEA?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        They use the same program that I've done twice now, the eqip. Nowhere on it does it ask about being involved in a fight. Now if I remember right it ask about being arrested but not specifically any fights.

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you appreciate it!

• Was scheduled to go in for second polygraph .... anyone experienced how things can turn out different this time?

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Didnt know you're able to do another poly after failing the first one. Good to know!

• Mikelowry
        Mikelowry commented
        Editing a comment
        When was your first one ? I been waiting since July to get scheduled my first one

• Alyk
        Alyk commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't fail, it was inconclusive

• Alyk
        Alyk commented
        Editing a comment
        My first poly was 2 weeks ago

• Best of luck . God willing I get a call soon for my poly

Comment

• Can anyone explain the difference between a Division Office, Resident Office, and Post of Duty? Also, where do the new guys/gals usually get assigned out of those three?

Comment

• Originally posted by dark321 View Post
        Question for anyone far into the background or similar experience or current agents (if any) browsing... I would assume there will be a question that asks if I've been involved in a fight in adult years or something to that extent (as I had come across that at a different LE agency during their background check). Is that something that would be a major issue at DEA?
        It will come up during the psych.

Comment

• Anyone know the date for the November academy?

Comment

• Eagleknight07
            Eagleknight07 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told around the 15th

• Anyone gotten a call for the November class?

Comment

• I’ve been following both DEA threads and, so far, has anyone gotten one of their location choices? Just curious. It seems like every post I see about locations, someone says they didn’t get any of their choices. I’m wondering if the locations these people do get are geographically close to their desired locations or if they seem to be completely random.

Comment

• Who do we call to check the status of our application? Whenever I call HR I get voicemail.

Comment

• Mikelowry
                Mikelowry commented
                Editing a comment
                What number do you have ?

• Goldielocks
                Goldielocks commented
                Editing a comment
                i messaged you
                Last edited by Goldielocks; 10-07-2019, 05:47 PM.

• Have any of you heard of the BI being completed before the poly?

I met with the investigator about two weeks ago and she said my BI was placed in a priority status and was scheduled to be completed in 30 days. However, I have received no word about the poly.

These should be the last things I have to complete.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4365 users online. 224 members and 4141 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X