Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah we found out and got to pick 2 weeks before start..

Comment

• I initially applied April of 2018 out of San Diego. Had to get my packet sent to DC office since I got FLEO job in DC and relocated. Took the written test in March 2019, passed. Was scheduled for DEASAMAC in DC this month, and just got an email yesterday saying there are no more spots at the DEASAMAC in DC for August...emailed recruiter and stated the DC Office has no tests scheduled at this time...just trying to get the interview set up to keep the ball rolling. Anyone else have this issue?

Glad to hear other people are getting the call! Stay healthy and stay safe!

Comment

• Jwebb514
        Jwebb514 commented
        Editing a comment
        Question - If you’re in a position like this where they don’t have any MACs scheduled in your area for the foreseeable future, can you just volunteer to do the next one available, regardless of location, and fly yourself there? Or are you at the mercy of your regional recruiter?

• ShieldOfFaith
        ShieldOfFaith commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, you can volunteer to do the next one, whichever you are available to do, regardless of location. If you want to fly across the country and do a MAC, and are able to do it, they will not stop you from doing it.

• A recruiter came to my university and stated that they are hiring 300 agents a year for the next 10 years. Is this what everyone else is hearing?

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I was told too.

• I have been confirmed by HR for the August class. I will be receiving the final call by Friday. Very short notice but I look forward so seeing y’all there!

Comment

• DEA_Hopeful2018
        DEA_Hopeful2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy smokes. That is short. Congratulations though!!! I’ll see you there. Just a few days out!

• Got the call for September class #222.

If I had any advice, it would be to send follow up emails if you don't hear a response after awhile.

Here's my timeline:

05/2018: Applied
      06/2018: Sent a follow up to application due to no response
      06/2018: Received response to fill out forms
      08/2018: DEASAMAC scheduled
      08/2018: MAC completed
      08/2018: Received COL
      09/2018: Medical exam completed
      10/2018: Drug test completed
      03/2019: Received e-QIP
      04/2019: Polygraph completed
      06/2019: Background completed
      07/2019: PTA Refresher
      08/2019: Final Offer letter
      Last edited by jay1; 08-15-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• DEA_Hopeful2018
        DEA_Hopeful2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!!!

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Did they give you your initial duty location at the time of the job offer?

• jay1
        jay1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Yes, at the time of the job offer they did give me the location.

• PT Test Question: Did the DEA change the sit-up protocol like the FBI? (i.e. hands crossed over chest instead of behind head)

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        No. Its hands behind the head, fingers interlocked.

• First time posting. My timeline is in line with a lot of people on this thread. Hoping for a call by the September academy. Things have slowed down these last few weeks but I’m remaining hopeful.
      Last edited by 367TX; 08-27-2019, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,

Been a long time poster on here (Specifically in the 2014 forum). I haven’t been in a forum in a while but still get alerts and messages from people reading posts in old threads. I am a DEA Agent and wanted to say this…

Advice to the applicants still in the process…
        1. Stay in contact with your recruiter but don’t be a pest
        2. Training for the PT
        3. If something is requested by HQ or your recruiter you should complete it immediately.
        4. Train for the PT
        5. Receiving your field office at the time of hire is new and was def needed… But know that you may not get any of the locations on your wish list due to the agency prioritizing filling understaffed locations. However, if you are lucky enough to get a top spot from your wish list consider yourself blessed and immediately go play the lottery.
        6. Train for the PT… I keep saying this because the number of failures I see while administering this test is abysmal… This is the one test that you are fully in control of & you have all the answer too…

Advice for newly hired BATs (Basic Agent Trainees) heading to Q
        1. Be humble
        2. Work hard while at Q
        3. Be a team player
        4. Help others when you can
        5. Know that you’re always being watched and judged and your reputation will already be at your office prior to your arrival.
        6. Understand that everyone isn’t like you, the DEA hires people from all walks of life to carry out our mission.

This is a great career that will pay you well over 6 figures and take you all over the world doing things you probably would not have imagined… If any of you has any specific questions about the jobs (not about steps in the process ie poly, interview, psych etc) feel free to direct message me… Good luck to you all…
        Last edited by CDoubleOK; 08-31-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the next classes after the September 29 class?

Comment

• 367TX
            367TX commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard November but I don’t know a date....

• colonel87
            colonel87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mid November

• The thread has been quiet lately. Anyone have updates on their process?

Comment

• Booker87
            Booker87 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received the email that stated I was approved for hire last week. I had to send in some updated forms and office preference sheet.

• VaughnJ25
            VaughnJ25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Let step I completed was the psych eval with the psychiatrist in April, only steps remaining are poly and BI. Heard from my recruiter a few weeks ago who said DC is taking their time with the remaining process. I haven’t received Equip either.

• Does anyone know if they are still using Glock 17 during training?

Comment

• What GS level do DEA agents receive LEAP?

Comment

• jay1
              jay1 commented
              Editing a comment
              GS-7 or GS-9 depending on educational background or experience. They also receive locality pay (25% of base). Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              You receive GS pay based on locality + leap (25%) of pay. Locality is not 25% of base and is contingent on where you are placed. I.e. SF and NY will be the highest due to COL

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. So you get LEAP as a GS7. I know this question has been asked but is LEAP 25% of base pay only or 25% of base AND locality pay?

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Disregard. Got an email regarding pay which answers all my questions.

• After taking polygraph how long does it take until you find out if you pass or fail. Does the examiner tell you on the spot?

Comment

• Vcrl
              Vcrl commented
              Editing a comment
              You can reach out to your recruiter and they will tell you. I heard within a week. How long was your poly?

• Alyk
              Alyk commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a week ago but I have not heard anything yet

• Got the call for BAC BA 222!!!

Here is my timeline
            DEASAMAC
            9/20/18 - Written
            9/22/18 - Interview
            9/24/18 - PT- failed
            3/1/19 - PT passed
            6/13/19 - Psych
            7/8/19 - Physical Exam
            7/8/19 - Physical Exam
            7/17/19 - Poly
            9/3/19 - Requested forms
            9/11/19 - PT refresher
            9/12/19 - Final offer

Comment

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, pretty fast even though it looks like you had a 6 month hiccup there, not bad

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats. Where you going? Did you ask for that location? I got my COL today.

• jpbethel_87
              jpbethel_87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got my 4th pick.

• Congrats Jpbethel! How long did your BI take? I just completed my Pysch last week. All I have left is the poly and BI.

Comment

• jpbethel_87
              jpbethel_87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe my background was complete before my poly and Psych. It helped that I was police for the last 6 years so that part was easy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10329 users online. 493 members and 9836 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X