Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time posting. My timeline is in line with a lot of people on this thread. Hoping for a call by the September academy. Things have slowed down these last few weeks but I’m remaining hopeful.
    Last edited by 367TX; 08-27-2019, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,

Been a long time poster on here (Specifically in the 2014 forum). I haven’t been in a forum in a while but still get alerts and messages from people reading posts in old threads. I am a DEA Agent and wanted to say this…

Advice to the applicants still in the process…
      1. Stay in contact with your recruiter but don’t be a pest
      2. Training for the PT
      3. If something is requested by HQ or your recruiter you should complete it immediately.
      4. Train for the PT
      5. Receiving your field office at the time of hire is new and was def needed… But know that you may not get any of the locations on your wish list due to the agency prioritizing filling understaffed locations. However, if you are lucky enough to get a top spot from your wish list consider yourself blessed and immediately go play the lottery.
      6. Train for the PT… I keep saying this because the number of failures I see while administering this test is abysmal… This is the one test that you are fully in control of & you have all the answer too…

Advice for newly hired BATs (Basic Agent Trainees) heading to Q
      1. Be humble
      2. Work hard while at Q
      3. Be a team player
      4. Help others when you can
      5. Know that you’re always being watched and judged and your reputation will already be at your office prior to your arrival.
      6. Understand that everyone isn’t like you, the DEA hires people from all walks of life to carry out our mission.

This is a great career that will pay you well over 6 figures and take you all over the world doing things you probably would not have imagined… If any of you has any specific questions about the jobs (not about steps in the process ie poly, interview, psych etc) feel free to direct message me… Good luck to you all…
      Last edited by CDoubleOK; 08-31-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the next classes after the September 29 class?

Comment

• 367TX
          367TX commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard November but I don’t know a date....

• colonel87
          colonel87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mid November

• The thread has been quiet lately. Anyone have updates on their process?

Comment

• Booker87
          Booker87 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the email that stated I was approved for hire last week. I had to send in some updated forms and office preference sheet.

• VaughnJ25
          VaughnJ25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let step I completed was the psych eval with the psychiatrist in April, only steps remaining are poly and BI. Heard from my recruiter a few weeks ago who said DC is taking their time with the remaining process. I haven’t received Equip either.

• Does anyone know if they are still using Glock 17 during training?

Comment

• What GS level do DEA agents receive LEAP?

Comment

• jay1
            jay1 commented
            Editing a comment
            GS-7 or GS-9 depending on educational background or experience. They also receive locality pay (25% of base). Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

• kb9977
            kb9977 commented
            Editing a comment
            You receive GS pay based on locality + leap (25%) of pay. Locality is not 25% of base and is contingent on where you are placed. I.e. SF and NY will be the highest due to COL

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. So you get LEAP as a GS7. I know this question has been asked but is LEAP 25% of base pay only or 25% of base AND locality pay?

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Disregard. Got an email regarding pay which answers all my questions.

• After taking polygraph how long does it take until you find out if you pass or fail. Does the examiner tell you on the spot?

Comment

• Vcrl
            Vcrl commented
            Editing a comment
            You can reach out to your recruiter and they will tell you. I heard within a week. How long was your poly?

• Alyk
            Alyk commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a week ago but I have not heard anything yet

• Got the call for BAC BA 222!!!

Here is my timeline
          DEASAMAC
          9/20/18 - Written
          9/22/18 - Interview
          9/24/18 - PT- failed
          3/1/19 - PT passed
          6/13/19 - Psych
          7/8/19 - Physical Exam
          7/8/19 - Physical Exam
          7/17/19 - Poly
          9/3/19 - Requested forms
          9/11/19 - PT refresher
          9/12/19 - Final offer

Comment

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, pretty fast even though it looks like you had a 6 month hiccup there, not bad

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. Where you going? Did you ask for that location? I got my COL today.

• jpbethel_87
            jpbethel_87 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got my 4th pick.

• Congrats Jpbethel! How long did your BI take? I just completed my Pysch last week. All I have left is the poly and BI.

Comment

• jpbethel_87
            jpbethel_87 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe my background was complete before my poly and Psych. It helped that I was police for the last 6 years so that part was easy.

• Thanks for the info! At what point in your process did they send you the e-quip link?

Comment

• jpbethel_87
            jpbethel_87 commented
            Editing a comment
            I made a mistake and left that out, My equip and background was done around April 2019.

• Gotcha, I still have yet to receive the e-quip link... maybe they’ll send it after my poly?

Comment

• jay1
            jay1 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I’ve seen so far, everyone always completes their e-qip before the poly is scheduled.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            I did this back in 2017, and when I did it it was Poly first, then like 2 months later it was Eqip

• For those that already have a TS/SCI prior to applying, what has your experience been like after you finshed your poly? How long did you have to wait till you heard anything?
          Last edited by admm; 09-17-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• If I pass everything at the MAC but not the PT. Will I get another chance at a later date to try the PT test again?

Comment

• TXFL1987
              TXFL1987 commented
              Editing a comment
              You’ll get another chance. You’ll receive an email in a few days or weeks. They’ll ask you to schedule the written portion, interview, and PT again. If all you need is the PT portion, then you’ll just ask to schedule that. That is the boat I’m in. I have hired a personal trainer and signed up for other fitness type courses. If I fail the PT a second time... well I gave it my all.

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. I failed then took it a month later and passed.

• Blue Steel
              Blue Steel commented
              Editing a comment
              I would avoid the gym If you're short on time to train. Heavy lifting and a Personal Trainer isn't going to get you test ready IMHO. I would be doing push-ups and sit-ups EVERY day/night. Time yourself with a wrist watch and perform with perfect form. I used a car wash 3" sponge for push-ups. Be sure to keep your eyes and head forward and never stop movement. Do half sit-ups in the Down position AND Up position until failure to strengthen and break the plane during normal sit-up movement progression, touching the top of the knees with elbows,. Lastly, you should be running at a track at least 3-4 days a week minimum. Perform 100M, 200M, 300M Sprint repeats. For the 1.5 Mile, you should work on pace and not too much distance. Keep the endurance runs 2-3 miles 1-2 week. Work on Speed. Remember to do Dynamic and Static stretching, foam roll, and ice shins.

If you have to train indoors due to weather, I would use only a treadmill to perform the entire routine. I did this at home a bunch before my test. Sit-ups, 300M Sprint (Full Speed), Push-ups, 1.5 Mile run (1-2 Degree Incline). Be sure to perform with perfect form and time 5-10 minutes between exercises. You can also use a trainer mask to make the runs challenging.
              Last edited by Blue Steel; 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM.

• TXFL1987
              TXFL1987 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it’s dependent on how much time someone has before a PT test. The body can reach a plateau. Meaning I’ll get a certain amount of pushups or sit-ups and I can’t go beyond that. That’s when one must incorporate different exercises. That’ll keep the muscles in the body guessing. For me I have a personal trainer twice a week and we do almost no weight lifting (focus on HIIT), run two miles over a bridge once a week (bridge has steady incline), the rest of my time I incorporate 2-2.50 mile run on treadmills with body weight exercises. I monitor the heart rate and try to get max heart rate at least four times on the treadmill. That way the heart is constantly up and down.
              Last edited by TXFL1987; 09-18-2019, 05:55 PM.

• For those that passed the MAC in August and received a COL, have you heard anything since? It has been dead silent on my end after sending in the paperwork. I am processing through the DC Office

Comment

• ShieldOfFaith
              ShieldOfFaith commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm hoping once the new fiscal year starts they will start picking up the speed again.

• preacherman
              preacherman commented
              Editing a comment
              Did the MAC in August as well. I emailed my division recruiter and he says there waiting on polygraph examiners because their short. I haven’t received the e-quip yet either though.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              preacherman, what field office you out of? Im SFO, waiting on an available polygrapher since July.

• preacherman
              preacherman commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that’s a long time. I guess I should count on a similar wait then. Out of Houston division

• Question for anyone far into the background or similar experience or current agents (if any) browsing... I would assume there will be a question that asks if I've been involved in a fight in adult years or something to that extent (as I had come across that at a different LE agency during their background check). Is that something that would be a major issue at DEA?

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              They use the same program that I've done twice now, the eqip. Nowhere on it does it ask about being involved in a fight. Now if I remember right it ask about being arrested but not specifically any fights.

• dark321
              dark321 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you appreciate it!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6338 users online. 341 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X