Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got word that I need to conduct second drug screening tomorrow. Does anyone know if it’s normal to conduct another screening after completing everything? Recruiter said to get it done ASAP

Comment

• Justwaiting22
      Justwaiting22 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s interesting

• CATM1984
      CATM1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      There seems to be a disconnect somewhere along the line. My recruiter thought I never did one. I sent him my receipt from the first test and he told me to hold off on going to the second screening.

• Justwaiting22
      Justwaiting22 commented
      Editing a comment
      The lady that called me for the drug test told me to scan and email her the receipt immediately so she could get it to HQ ASAP.

• CATM1984
      CATM1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      I went and just did the second one. I spoke with the clinic staff and they freakin tossed my first sample on accident. That’s why HQ never got any results!

• Got selected for the FBI academy starting July 7th. Got word this morning!!!

DEA Background took longer than expected smh

Comment

• jay1
      jay1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Good luck with everything.

• Booker87
      Booker87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, how long was their process start to finish?

• Grizz901
      Grizz901 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man! Best of luck!

• I applied for the FBI back in December. Process was fast

I heard as of last week they only had 69 applicants on the roster for the July class out of 180.

Comment

• Some helpful information in regards to the background investigations. Apparently OPM and DoD have now merged to complete background investigations. Now DoD is the overall background investigation agency.

**FBI is excluded because they hire their own investigators to conduct backgrounds on their applicants**

https://www.fedagent.com/featured/28...cklog-dwindles

Comment

• Very interesting, thanks!

Comment

• Anyone know how long it typically takes to start the SF86/EQIP/polygraph process?

I did the psych back in the beginning of May and medical about a month ago. Having some hold-ups with the medical, but the recruiter said the rest of the process can continue while concurrently finishing medical.

I imagine its HQ that reaches out with the EQIP information?

Comment

• Vcrl
            Vcrl commented
            Editing a comment
            Expect to wait awhile. It took 7 months to get equip after my medical and psych and 3 1/2 months after submitting my equip to get poly scheduled. I have TS and current federal employee. It takes awhile. But everyone is different so hopefully goes quicker for you. Good luck!

• Okay. Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

• Can one travel while undergoing background check?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alyk View Post
              Can one travel while undergoing background check?
              Domestic travel - I don't imagine why you couldn't travel so long as you have access to your primary email & phone numbers in case the investigator has a question (varies by investigatory agency/specific investigator).

International travel - You probably don't want to be traveling outside the country unless already disclosed and/or approved.
              Last edited by FishStix; 06-30-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Submitted my equip in March 2019
                Completed my poly in June 2019

But my BI still hasnt contacted me yet.

Anyone else on the same boat as me or have any info you can share? Thanks

Comment

• Alyk
                  Alyk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  my BI contacted me a month ago and, allegedly, had to turn in my BI check by July 1st. No poly to this day.

• CATM1984
                  CATM1984 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I met my BI well before my poly. It’s strange how every timeline or order of steps are not the same. I completed my final pt test may 31. Now I’m just waiting for the “call”

• admm
                  admm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  CATM1984 Did you already have a TS/SCI prior to your background check with the DEA?

• CATM1984
                  CATM1984 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  admm I have a current secret clearance with the military but not a TS. Not sure if that would play a factor in it or not

• CATM1984 do you happen to know if your background is completely finished? I did my final pt test recently but my background is still active.

Comment

• CATM1984
                  CATM1984 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That I’m not sure of. I was told recently from my recruiter that my packet was getting ready to be presented to the hiring panel, he just didn’t know when. How do you know if your background is complete?

• modeorodeo
                  modeorodeo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Several posts on the last page of the 2017 dea applicant thread seem to have helpful info for that. I haven’t actually checked on mine, but I know it’s active b/c my references are still receiving calls.

• CATM1984
                  CATM1984 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ohh ok yea I did see that.

• Deleted...
                Last edited by jay1; 07-02-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• ajc518
                  ajc518 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by ajc518; 07-02-2019, 11:21 AM.

• jay1
                  jay1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by jay1; 07-02-2019, 11:39 AM.

• My background was completed on May 29, I then did my refresher PT may 31. I was told my background is with the agency now and just waiting to be adjudicated.

Comment

• ajc518 posted this contact number for opm. May be helpful to find where and what your status is in regards to your BI.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CATM1984; 07-02-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Alyk
                    Alyk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just got invited to do my drug test....met with my BI a month ago and she turned in my BI check on the first of July. No poly yet.

I hope the finish line is near

• Anyone know when the next class starts?

Comment

• CATM1984
                    CATM1984 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    August 18 is the next class

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4747 users online. 204 members and 4543 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X