Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you already have an adjudicated BI from another agency, will that transfer over to DEA? Or do they do their own like SS? Also, how quick has the processed moved after your PT has been taken? Thanks!

Comment

• Vcrl
      Vcrl commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've heard they should carry over or give an interim if you already have a TS. But I'm not certain of that.

• Chambers26
      Chambers26 commented
      Editing a comment
      if youre coming from DHS to DEA, DEA will do their own background,poly, adjudication.

• Justwaiting22
      Justwaiting22 commented
      Editing a comment
      DEA will still do a background investigation and poly no matter if you have a TS or not. Having a TS raising the possibility of an interim clearance. But it all depends on the hiring panel wether you get it or not.

• Anybody got any insight into how difficult the academy is these days compared to what it used to be?

Comment

• Donpolardo
      Donpolardo commented
      Editing a comment
      my informations from unofficial channel; "PTT seems to be the hardest part".

• Justwaiting22
      Justwaiting22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve heard that you have to take the Physical Fit Test 3 times during the academy. They implemented that in 2018. So don’t just train to get in, train for life.

• Anyone from NY had any movement after orientation?

Comment

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got an email about the written test.

• Upcoming academy dates

6/23
    8/18
    9/29

Comment

• JPlowry
      JPlowry commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get called for any of them? I’m still waiting on an equip invite and polygraph.

• Grizz901
      Grizz901 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope I can get August or Sept. I am still waiting for the poly...

• Justwaiting22
      Justwaiting22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my polygraph last week. Meeting with BI on Tuesday.
      Last edited by Justwaiting22; 04-07-2019, 06:53 PM.

• Did not pass my panel interview :/

They said my answers indicated a lack of overall life experience. (I'm about to graduate from grad school).

I am very glad I made it this far and will reapply.
    Last edited by Saluki89; 05-08-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• amaris86
      amaris86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told in an unofficial capacity that they prefer to hire people in their 30’s and not usually straight out of college.

• Recieved my SF-86C form and Office of Preference form as well today. The process has picked up tremendous speed as of late.

Comment

• CATM1984
      CATM1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, are those academy dates you posted earlier in stone? I have poly next week and just met with BI about two weeks ago.

• Justwaiting22
      Justwaiting22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume everything is tentative with the process but those dates are solid. Unless something crazy happens

• Timber603
      Timber603 commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the timeline in between taking the poly and any confirmation of passing?

• JTemple
      JTemple commented
      Editing a comment
      You won't get any confirmation of passing the poly. Either they contact you to retake/need additional info or you'll move on to the next stage of the process.

• I did the written test in December, panel interview in January and PTT at the end of February. I passed all of those and was told I would get instructions on the next step the following week. It has now been 6-7 weeks with no word, despite multiple emails soliciting any information. I am applying out of the LA office. Anyone experience a similar situation to this?

Comment

• ididntknow
      ididntknow commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been months of silence for me as well. I did my written, panel and PTT in July 2018, and then my psych eval in August (processing out of NY). I was told I would get the eQIP link shortly thereafter but haven't heard anything since. I've been told multiple times that "no news is good news," but it's a little disheartening when everything was moving so quickly before to now have it come to a complete standstill.

• Submitted my SF-86 last month and currently waiting on poly date.

Anyone made any progress passed the poly yet?

Comment

• JTemple
      JTemple commented
      Editing a comment
      A few of us on here are just waiting for the call. If you successfully pass the poly you will get background update forms and office of preference sheet. Then it’s just the waiting game. Good luck to you!

• admm
      admm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brotha and you as well

• Sounds like everyone is on the right track, anyone on here processing out of New England field office?

Comment

Last edited by admm; 05-16-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Anybody currently on the job or know someone that can answer the following question in regards to the medical exams that are required throughout a special agent career? What happens if you fail one of the medical exams after you are hired?

Comment

• Did anyone take poly from PA,NJ, NY area? I just got scheduled.
          How long is the polygraph and is it frightening?

Comment

• Garada
            Garada commented
            Editing a comment
            Poly will be from anything between 4-6 hours. Just be honest and you’ll be fine.

• Booker87
            Booker87 commented
            Editing a comment
            How long did it take to have your poly scheduled from submitting your e-qip

• Garada
            Garada commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost 2 months after eqip. Govt shutdown slowed me down a bit.

• When do you have to take refresher PT?

Comment

• JTemple
            JTemple commented
            Editing a comment
            Generally when hiring panel contacts your recruiter and/or 30 days before you go to Quantico.

• maximus52
            maximus52 commented
            Editing a comment
            I took my PT in February. I thought those results were good for 6 months? And if you get an academy slot within that time frame then you don’t have to take again?

• Nova307
            Nova307 commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked my recruiter about retaking the PT and she said only right before the academy.

• Mine is next week

Comment

• I emailed the recruiter yesterday and got a response confirming we are still waiting on poly and background. MAC in dallas in November 2018. Hope we hear something in the next 2 months.

Comment

• JPlowry
              JPlowry commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you received the eqip? I had the Mac in Louisville in November and I’m still waiting on it. I spoke with HQ and they said there were 200 packages being processed but I would eventually receive it.

• Nova307
              Nova307 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, no Equip yet, but I already have one on file with my agency and just had to update it for my background renewal so hopefully that will speed up the process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9918 users online. 435 members and 9483 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X