Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutdowns don’t usually last very long. I don’t think it’ll affect us. I don’t have any expectations until after New Years anyway.

Comment

• Anyone receive updates? Assuming no due to shutdown. Just curious.

Comment

• JTemple
        JTemple commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet. Really hoping for some sort of news by end of next week

• jay1
        jay1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I went to the Dallas MAC back in August and completed everything so far except for the Poly and BI, haven't heard anything yet as well.

• I applied in the 2017 announcement. I’m just curious does the new process (MAC) have a limit on how many times you can take the fitness test?

Comment

• Vcrl
        Vcrl commented
        Editing a comment
        My understanding is that if you fail the first time you have one more shot to pass it. You will also have to take prior to going to the BAT.

• Thriller
        Thriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Vcrl I thought they may have changed it up but it's the same as before then. Thanks for the reply.

• Justwaiting22
        Justwaiting22 commented
        Editing a comment
        You will have 3 opportunities within a 3 month period from the date you successfully complete the structured interview to pass the pre-COL PTA. You will also be required to pass the PTA prior to attending BAT. You will have 2 opportunities to pass the post-COL PTA. Failure to pass the Pre-COL or Post-COL PTAs will result in your application being discontinued.

• Thriller
        Thriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Justwaiting22 thanks for the explanation. So things have changed up. We were only allowed 2 opportunities period, with the retest being 30 days after a failure.

• We need this shutdown to end so we can get some news...

Comment

• Justwaiting22
        Justwaiting22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing on my end. Has anyone heard anything since December?

• JTemple
        JTemple commented
        Editing a comment
        Nada here. Still waiting on that poly to be scheduled...

• Justwaiting22
        Justwaiting22 commented
        Editing a comment
        JTemple we are in the same boat. So close but far away.

• JPlowry
        JPlowry commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally a bit of good news. Hopefully we’ll get polygraph emails soon.

• Hey guys, I’ve gotten word even during the shutdown. Got a MAC inv so there are emails being sent out.

Comment

• JTemple
        JTemple commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news! Congrats

• Got an email yesterday night that the February MAC in DC is still going on. This includes coming back for the psych eval the following day if you pass all MAC components.

Comment

• Are recruiters answering emails during the shutdown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chambers26 View Post
          Are recruiters answering emails during the shutdown?
          In my experience, yes. My recruiter has been in contact and just scheduled me for my PT.

Comment

• Just got my MAC invite as well.

Comment

• Scheduled for pt and interview, Reliable source says they are working on allowing applicants notice on where they are going before having to go to the academy....not sure when though probably for future applicants...

Comment

• Originally posted by bpa966 View Post
                Scheduled for pt and interview, Reliable source says they are working on allowing applicants notice on where they are going before having to go to the academy....not sure when though probably for future applicants...

I can vouch for that. They’ll email you a preference sheet where you’ll rank your top 3-7 locations. Obviously there’s no guarantee you’ll get any of your picks, but you’ll get an opportunity to list any hardships you may have. Ultimately, you’ll get your assignment at the time of final offer...so no more having to wait until several weeks into the academy for your assignment. It’s supposed to start for the next academy in March but most likely will begin with April.

Comment

• I’ve emailed the address given to schedule the MAC but haven’t received confirmation. Hope I do soon, already taken off work!

Comment

• Justwaiting22
                    Justwaiting22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would follow up ASAP especially since the shutdown is in effect. Not sure how many folks are in their office during this time. Follow up with an email and also call.

• Originally posted by bpa966 View Post
                  Scheduled for pt and interview, Reliable source says they are working on allowing applicants notice on where they are going before having to go to the academy....not sure when though probably for future applicants...
                  That is correct. I got emailed on the same day of a offer for the March class requesting 3-7 locations and can list hardships.

Comment

• Sierra411
                    Sierra411 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So just to clarify Champ, they're sending emails with offers and asking for 3-7 locations as well as hardships and (I'm assuming) soon after, calling with a final offer and location for assignment?

• Mason Green
                    Mason Green commented
                    Editing a comment
                    For your list of top choices, do they list the division locations only or do they list the sub offices (District and Residential) as well?

• champwhteek
                    champwhteek commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They list all the division offices including the residential offices. One requirement is that you have to list at least 3 division offices

• bpa966
                    bpa966 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I applied April 2018, intel is lots of guys getting mid west and east coast offices....very short on man power at most offices...SW border office slots per class are actually on the low end right now.

• It has been silence on my end. Attended Dallas MAC back in August. Waiting on BG and Poly. Anyone from my group receive any updates during the shutdown?

Comment

• jay1
                    jay1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe I went to the same Dallas MAC in august. I'm waiting on BG and Poly, haven't received any emails yet.

• Nova307
                    Nova307 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same, I sent in additional medical stuff beginning of jan and haven't heard anything. I emailed the recruiter Wednesday and haven't gotten a response.

• Has anyone rescheduled a MAC? I understand this may be risky given the current shutdown, but was wondering if anyone has had success rescheduling to a later MAC. I am in my final semester of law school and had a weekend seminar class cancelled due to weather, and the professor has identified the same weekend as the MAC for makeup. Any info would be helpful.

Comment

• plt2014
                    plt2014 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've rescheduled a MAC. As long as you give reasonable notice before the date of the one that you want to attend they are pretty accommodating.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7106 users online. 348 members and 6758 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X