300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epa oig

If there are any current/former SA's on here, I would love to pick your brain about the job. I recently was referred for a position.
    Thanks!

Given there's a dozen investigations on the administrator at present, think long and hard about voluntarily immersing yourself into that world....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ions-quicktake
    There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

• CSUAlum
      CSUAlum commented
      Editing a comment
      How would that negatively effect a new investigator?

• Ratatatat
      Ratatatat commented
      Editing a comment
      Because institutional integrity is crucial. Good luck trying to get a compass bearing on how and what to investigate when the rules are different for different people in the organization.

That's the thing with political appointees. You have folks in charge of agencies with no experience. Then God forbid, they put a person with a non-LE background in charge of the 1811's. At least they are investigating these issues, instead of being in fear of doing so.

Comment

• Ratatatat
      Ratatatat commented
      Editing a comment
      "At least they are investigating these issues, instead of being in fear of doing so."

What is your basis for such a conclusion??

I say that because you will have to 'feed the beast' with stats, and they will most likely involve your peers and a level or two below your peers (btw, in a small outfit, feeding the beast is crucial. If you don't produce, you quickly perish). But up at the top of the food chain, apparently anything goes, and gross abuses go unchecked. Careers will end as you hit ants with a sledge hammer for general stupidity and low level offenses, but such accountability only applies to the little people. I've witnessed this dynamic first hand.

Some might have a hard time working in such an environment. Others might thrive in it though! I guess it comes down to whether you can look yourself in the mirror every morning, knowing full well the rules of the game....
    There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

Then there was the time Pruitt was stuck in DC traffic and ordered his security detail to active their emergency lights and sirens just to cut through gridlock.

And a sound proof security phone booth? Does the EPA have a “red phone” to handle potentially nuclear crises or very sensitive high level diplomacy?

Their CID sounds like a good mission for people interested in eco crime issues, but right now it looks like...... (the fox and henhouse analogy isn’t sufficiently disturbing)
      semper destravit

Comment

No agency is perfect. I work alongside DOL-OIG and their leadership sounds just as inept, if not more. A few of them are trying to lateral with HSI. Other smaller agencies often have non-LE types in charge at the IG level. It is a lot about ebbs and flows. I know ICE was frustrated under Obama with all the enforcement priorities, and now under Trump, the kid gloves have come off. Every Administration has their priorities. It all pays the same. I am just trying to find some happiness.

Comment

Join whatever agency you want. Don't let anyone on this forum forbid you from doing something you believe in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11603 users online. 535 members and 11068 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X