300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Hondo Police academy

Is anyone going or has gone through the Rio hondo police academy? If so can you give some info on it like the process to get in or what kind of certificate or level do you get upon graduation and what can you do with this cert? And last do you have to take a pass or fail written exam to get into the academy? Or is it just take the course world of criminology and join? Thanks

Originally posted by defense
    Is anyone going or has gone through the Rio hondo police academy? If so can you give some info on it like the process to get in or what kind of certificate or level do you get upon graduation and what can you do with this cert? And last do you have to take a pass or fail written exam to get into the academy? Or is it just take the course world of criminology and join? Thanks
    See the response I left you in the L.A.S.D. Process thread.
    No need to double post.
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
    My LAPD Process
    PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
    PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
    Prelim BI - 7/25 - PASSED
    Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
    Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
    Medical/Written Psych - 09/27 PASSED
    Backgrounds - In Progress
    Oral Psych - TBD
    Cert. & Appointment - TBD

Comment

I am in Rio Hondo currently, and let me tell you its not an easy Academy. It is a HIGH STRESS ACADEMY (very few of them left in California) with great instructors. Once you finish, you will get your "Basic" Post Certificate. Not all Agencies will honor the certificate you get up there and may require you to start their own academy.There are many agencies that hire up at Rio Hondo but they are interested in the top 10 cadets in each class.This makes it competitive and you may find allot of personality clashes between cadets. Like it was said before, just because you finish and recieve a Certificate doesnt mean you will get hired by an agency. I have seen many people that have to requal because there certificate expired,beacuse they did not find a job.
      That being said, you have to know your potential and limitations.

Comment

Msocal, you must take the world of criminal justice class, and while taking that class you have to take the POST exam. If you dont pass you still can start the academy. Somewhere down the line you will have to pass it. You get a T-Score and not a pass or fail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3071 users online. 162 members and 2909 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X