300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois State Corrections Hiring Process

Has anyone here been through the entire Illinois State Corrections Hiring Process (any IL COs here?), and if so, could you shed some light on it?

They suck. worst job ever. you better think twice before you sign that paper.

Comment

I appreciate your reply, and was hoping that you would be able to shed some light on the actual process. I was certified to hire about 2 weeks ago, and I was wondering how long it usually takes to get "the call." I scored a 60, (no LEO experience, but I have a college degree and consider myself to be in great shape), and am on the lists for Pontiac, Danville, and Dwight. My questions are: when are academies usually held? Do you go for a medical examiniation before the academy or during it? Does IDOC hire every year? Is my score okay, or should I retest?

Also, what were the downsides of the Job, Jean? It sounds like you despised it!

I understand that Illinois Correctional facilities are understaffed, but what are the downsides to being a CO? I am really drawn to the field and want to establish a career in Corrections, but I can't believe how long the hiring process is. Any information would be appreciated, even if you aren't from Illinois and have been through the process with another state's correctional facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanjj28
        They suck. worst job ever. you better think twice before you sign that paper.
        Do you have any other information Jean or anybody else reading this? Surely there must be others on the forum who have been through the IDOC process or who are currently working at a state correctional facility that is comparable to IDOC.

Comment

*BUMP*

(Last time I'll bump this one!)

Any IDOC employees out there?

Comment

Glockil,
            I'm not an employee, but I tested this past February. I just got my score in the mail today (which is why I'm looking through the forums for IDOC stuff). I also have a college degree and no real experience, and I got a 62. We'll see if that's enough to make the grade and receive a call. I'm not planning on accepting anything over medium security, though. Sorry I can't be of any help.

Comment

I received a comparable score, and it's good to at least know that there's a few people here in a similar situation. What institutions did you apply for if you don't mind me asking, (i.e. what waiting lists are you on). Also, have you talked to IDOC since getting the letter?

Comment

Bumpity, **Bump**

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3207 users online. 152 members and 3055 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X