300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 FWS Wildlife Inspector

I was recently contacted if I am interested in working for them. Has any one who applied received an email. I have replied, but have not heard back the hiring manager.

Total dumpster fire. Avoid at all cost.
    There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

Why you say that?

Comment

Because it's true.
        There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

It's passion of mines and related to my education.

Comment

Your passion will quickly get sucked out of you when it becomes apparent the ultimate goal is not to protect wildlife, but to protect the power structure.

You've been warned.

Comment

• emaichbe03
              emaichbe03 commented
              Editing a comment
              did you used to work for them? i have no interest in these threads (these = any wildlife police) other than to read what you write about them.

oh a new wildlife police thread? *grabs popcorn...waits for ratatatatatata*

• Ratatatat
              Ratatatat commented
              Editing a comment
              Like Farmer's Insurance, I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two.

If threads such as these (and my posts) provide edge-of-seat entertainment for you, I can only imagine your average Friday night.

• 1811_WannaBe
              1811_WannaBe commented
              Editing a comment
              Mind sharing the pros and the cons of the job? Were you an inspector? Average day and career path of an Inspector? Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• 8404_2Law
              8404_2Law commented
              Editing a comment
              “If threads such as these (and my posts) provide edge-of-seat entertainment for you, I can only imagine your average Friday night.”
              I don’t know why that comment is so funny to me..lol

Ever hear about Kelvin Smith, aka Abdul Muhaimin, who provided tactical training to the 1995 World Trade Center terrorists? Bizarre story, but true.

https://www.scribd.com/document/1071...-Pleads-Guilty
            http://www.espn.com/college-football...azine-archives

Comment

This week, a PERFECT example occurred as to why FWS (and Interior LE in general) should be avoided by serious people:

1. Dwight and Steve Hammond are in prison for setting arson fires on public lands after a jury found their actions intentionally put BLM firefighters in danger.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/har...federal_court/

2. Dwight and Steve Hammond also have a long history of threatening FWS LE.

https://youtu.be/SRTKp6uwkZY

3. Thanks, at least in part, to an armed seditionist militia takeover of a FWS facility in 2016 that garnered the attention of some prominent and well-connected people, the Hammonds are currently under consideration for a presidential pardon. And who is blessing the idea?? DOI Secretary Zinke.

Protect the Harvest, a nonprofit representing agriculture and hunting interests, has learned the Hammonds’ request for clemency has in recent weeks come under review by the Office of the White House Counsel Don McGhan, said Dave Duquette, the group’s national strategic planner.

“It’s moving much quicker than we anticipated it moving,” he said. “That’s a good thing, from what I’ve heard.”

The Hammonds have sought a commutation of their sentences but are hoping for a full pardon, which is within the president’s power to give, Duquette said.

“If they only get a commutation, then they’re still felons,” and subject to a prohibition on owning guns, among other restrictions, he said.

Jerome Rosa, executive director of the Oregon Cattlemen’s Association, said he recently broached the subject with Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke during a visit to Washington, D.C.

Just as Congress recently affirmed that air emissions from livestock weren’t intended to be regulated under the Superfund statute for hazardous waste, so too rangeland fires weren’t intended to be punished as arson, he said.

Zinke agreed with this sentiment, giving the sign of the cross while vowing to give his blessing for their release to President Donald Trump, according to Rosa.

http://www.capitalpress.com/Oregon/2...regon-ranchers

This epitome of fecklessness is a groin punch to anyone with a DOI badge. That Zinke would toss a bone to the Wise Use/Sov Cit/Militia crowd by supporting their release is sobering. And don't expect FWS management to stand up to Zinke on behalf of the rank and file- the LEOs in the hinterlands who get to deal with the aftermath- because they won't.

Last edited by Ratatatat; 05-27-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Schwook
                Schwook commented
                Editing a comment
                (Deleted)...

• wildstar82
                wildstar82 commented
                Editing a comment
                What a gut punch.

My goal isn't to become a law enforcement as I have shoulder dexterity problem. I have a strong passion for protecting our wildlife. If I get a job offer this week, I am moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                This week, a PERFECT example occurred as to why FWS (and Interior LE in general) should be avoided by serious people:

1. Dwight and Steve Hammond are in prison for setting arson fires on public lands after a jury found their actions intentionally put BLM firefighters in danger.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/har...federal_court/

2. Dwight and Steve Hammond also have a long history of threatening FWS LE.

https://youtu.be/SRTKp6uwkZY

3. Thanks, at least in part, to an armed seditionist militia takeover of a FWS facility in 2016 that garnered the attention of some prominent and well-connected people, the Hammonds are currently under consideration for a presidential pardon. And who is blessing the idea?? DOI Secretary Zinke.

This epitome of fecklessness is a groin punch to anyone with a DOI badge. That Zinke would toss a bone to the Wise Use/Sov Cit/Militia crowd by supporting their release is sobering. And don't expect FWS management to stand up to Zinke on behalf of the rank and file- the LEOs in the hinterlands who get to deal with the aftermath- because they won't.
                Seems like all DOI LE is crap from what your saying, but what about USFS LE&I?

Do you recommend State or local law enforcement jobs instead of pretty much all Federal LE positions?

Comment

but what about USFS LE&I?
                  I have no insight for you . Like my old Polish neighbor Mr. Pavlov used to say, "Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy" (Not my circus, not my monkeys.)

Do you recommend State or local law enforcement jobs instead of pretty much all Federal LE positions?
                  Hmmm. Good question.

What I recommend is taking the time to do diligent research before you hitch your professional life and reputation to an agency. Twenty five years wearing the golden handcuffs is a long time.

The internet makes this process simpler. Look for red flags, like flashy marketing and lots of feel-good stories for an LE agency. This is all lipstick on a pig.

And take stock of yourself. If your BS meter peaks quickly, you will likely have a tough time at an agency brimming with institutional arrogance. Every place has it, but some are volcanoes of institutional arrogance.

It's a big part of the reason why things go sideways in an organization. When egos and arrogance overrule competence and accountability, where the rank and file have no input and critical thought is punished, the result is a bizarre entity that bears more resemblance to a cult like Scientology and a cult-state like the DPRK.

As far as state or local vs. federal, I can only offer that all LE agencies are run by humans, and therefore are inherently imperfect. Try to find one that places more weight on rank and file success than protecting the power hierarchy.

And try to find one where accountability is the same for management as it is for the front liners.

Comment

Interior Department plans to let people kill endangered red wolves

In a proposal that would essentially end a 30-year effort to reestablish critically endangered American red wolves in North Carolina, the Interior Department on Wednesday announced a plan that would allow private landowners to kill wolves that stray onto their property from a protected federal wildlife refuge

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4387141e60dd

FWS, previously: Kill a red wolf and face criminal investigation, a $100,000 fine, and one year in prison.

FWS, today: go ahead and shoot them mangy rascals!

And people wonder why USAOs don't take their cases seriously??

Comment

Trump Pardons Oregon Ranchers Whose Case Inspired Wildlife Refuge Takeover

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday pardoned a pair of Oregon cattle ranchers who had been serving out five-year sentences for arson on federal land — punishments that inspired the armed occupation of a wildlife refuge in 2016 and brought widespread attention to anger over federal land management in the Western United States.

The case against the ranchers — Dwight L. Hammond, now 76, and his son, Steven D. Hammond, 49 — became a cause célèbre for an antigovernment group’s weekslong standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

The Hammond pardons were the result of a months long push by agricultural groups like the Oregon Cattlemen’s Association, and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke had been among the ranchers’ strongest supporters, according to the association’s executive director, Jerome Rosa.

The move drew praise from the cattlemen’s association.

“I had the opportunity to have a private meeting with him,” Mr. Rosa, the group’s executive director, said of Mr. Zinke. “I mentioned to him the Hammond situation. He was well aware of it, agreed that the Hammonds were good people, and said he would talk to the president and give his blessing to release the Hammonds from prison.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/u...nd-oregon.html

Secretary Zinke, if the Hammonds kill a BLM firefighter or a FWS law enforcement officer in the future as they have intended in the past, you too will have blood on your hands.

Comment

Hammond pardons raise fears of emboldened anti-government extremists

Trump on Tuesday issued surprise pardons to Dwight and Steven Hammond, ranchers who were convicted of setting fire to public land in southeast Oregon. Dwight Hammond, 76, served about three years of a five-year term, and his son Steven Hammond, 49, served about four years. The two men also paid $400,000 to settle a civil suit related to the blazes.

After they were sentenced, anti-government activist Ammon Bundy and supporters broke into a federal building at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in 2016. The group held the headquarters for more than a month.

Experts who track extremist groups say the pardons are the latest in a series of steps Trump has taken to bring previously shunned groups into the mainstream. They point to the president’s comments about “very fine people” involved in a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va., and his pardon of former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio (R), who had been found guilty of criminal contempt for “flagrant disregard” of a judge’s order in a federal racial-profiling case.

“This sends a message that you can thwart governmental authority and the process of law, and that has a further degrading impact on our communal institutions,” said Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University-San Bernardino. “The anti-government extremists are ecstatic about these pardons.”

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...ent-extremists

PjY71cV333.jpg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10689 users online. 458 members and 10231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X