300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA OIG Hiring Process

Has anyone on here been through the VA OIG hiring process? Also, is there an area on this forum to get interview tips and such?

I’m in the process and have been referred to a few places under the recent grad opening.. I just recently interviewed for an opening out of Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by 8404_2Law View Post
      I’m in the process and have been referred to a few places under the recent grad opening.. I just recently interviewed for an opening out of Pittsburgh.
      && how was it? And what’s your background inif i can ask?! I saw that announcement but didn’t qualify at the time.

Comment

• 8404_2Law
        8404_2Law commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a phone interview with three agents on the conference call... First question I got was whether I was willing to move to Pittsburgh for the job.. The rest of the questions were experience based questions.

• NCG128
        NCG128 commented
        Editing a comment
        What kind of experienced based questions, like have you ever testified in a court preceding etc? And do they send their guys to FLETC? After you prior fed?

Just experience based questions like, tell me a time when you had to work in a team.. or describe a stressful event and how did you handle it.. they also asked a few generic questions too like what one of my weaknesses?...

From what I’ve been told they do send their recruits to FLETC

Nope, I’m not prior Fed.. I’m prior military and just recently graduated with my law degree.

Did you get referred to any of the announcements?

Comment

Just experience based questions like, tell me a time when you had to work in a team.. or describe a stressful event and how did you handle it.. they also asked a few generic questions too like what one of my weaknesses?...

Nope, I’m not prior Fed.. I’m prior military and just recently graduated with my law degree.

Sorry for the delayed response! I didn't apply I wasn't qualified at the time. I'm currently working on my Master's in Public Policy and was just selected for a 0083 position with the DoD (Navy) so I'll be attending FLETC soon. After my mandatory 9 months after FLETC I'll be putting in for these positions.

Comment

You hear anything yet?

Comment

Haven’t heard anything in awhile, so I think I’m out the running for this opening.. meh maybe I’ll get better luck from one of the other offices.
            Last edited by 8404_2Law; 04-14-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

In case anyone is interested in knowing the timeline for VA OIG here is an update on my current status for the VA OIG Criminal Investigator position I applied to back in January:

3/19 - Telephone Interview with the SAC and RAC
              3/20 - Received email for in person interview
              4/10 - In person interview with SAC and RAC in Washington, DC.

Now just waiting to hear back on whether or not I was selected.

6 years Federal LEO experience
              10 pt. vet
              Master's in Business Administration

Comment

• Agent1234
                Agent1234 commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I didn't work for SIS directly but I did mention a lot of things that SIS does that applied to what I was doing. You are more than welcome to PM and I can tell you what I said during my interview.

• 8404_2Law
                8404_2Law commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats thus far!! I didn’t get the second interview.. I hope you get selected

• 8404_2Law
                8404_2Law commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats thus far!! I didn’t get the second interview.. I hope you get selected

• Kspacey101
                Kspacey101 commented
                Editing a comment
                Updates to your interview and steps?

Double post

Comment

good luck!
                Last edited by Kspacey101; 07-14-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Anyone else interview recently for the Miami position?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11339 users online. 467 members and 10872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X