300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Florida Miami-Dade

SO my finacee is an airline pilot that just got based in Miami. I am currently a reserve officer (non-sworn, carry a sidearm make arrests) with 2 other jobs in the private security sector. Anyway, anyone familiar with agencies in the area that can offer some advice (what to stay away from, testing process)? I have talked to recruiters at BSO, MDPD, and MPD everything seems fine except my vision. It is corrected to 20/15 (soft contacts) however, uncorrected is probably over the 20/100 req. any ideas if i can get around it? Thanks in advance.

http://www.miamigardenspolice.org/

I am applying. I don't know if you qualify. I also don't know about vision requirements. Good luck. Check it out.

Comment

Yeah I looked into it, could be some bad feelings from current MDPD officers also I'm not sure about how slots will remain for non-certified officers. Thanks for the reply. Anybody else know anything about the departments in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by Southside
        SO my finacee is an airline pilot that just got based in Miami. I am currently a reserve officer (non-sworn, carry a sidearm make arrests) with 2 other jobs in the private security sector. Anyway, anyone familiar with agencies in the area that can offer some advice (what to stay away from, testing process)? I have talked to recruiters at BSO, MDPD, and MPD everything seems fine except my vision. It is corrected to 20/15 (soft contacts) however, uncorrected is probably over the 20/100 req. any ideas if i can get around it? Thanks in advance.

I work for BSO and you can get in with your vision. Mine is 20/200 so I know you can get in.

Comment

Ft Lauderdale is constanlty hiring, reason, very low moral. If you have a clean background, its probably an easy place to get on with to get certified, then get a job with whatever dept you want.
          Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6373 users online. 371 members and 6002 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X