X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxcvbnm
    replied
    Originally posted by igneous
    Yeah thats the reason I haven't applied for it. I really don't want to live that far south, but it would be a good entry point into federal LE

I'll have to see what their offer is, if I make it that far.
    Im definitely more interested in a bigger city.

Leave a comment:

• igneous
    replied
    Originally posted by zxcvbnm
    Im applying and im concerned as well because I don't want to be stationed in the middle of nowhere and have a feeling that I might grow sick of that in a short time...
    Yeah thats the reason I haven't applied for it. I really don't want to live that far south, but it would be a good entry point into federal LE

Leave a comment:

• zxcvbnm
    replied
    What are the main things you don't like about the BP job?

Im applying and im concerned as well because I don't want to be stationed in the middle of nowhere and have a feeling that I might grow sick of that in a short time...

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Border Patrol or local PD?

Brother, it's decision time. If you're single, the decision will probably be a little easier, but if you have a family, I'd suggest bringing them into the process.As the previous reply noted, you'll be going into a different type of law enforcement. Some advantages, some disadvantages. You'll hear it a million times. but the "grass is always greener on the other side". Do a little checking around, talk with some of the folks on the local PD, or Sheriff's Dept.Hope things work out for you. Stay safe!!

Leave a comment:

• ask80
    replied
    well it's up to you. but since you don't like the environment , i'd say give it a shot.. being a BP agent and a PD officer are different jobs. i respect BP since it's tough and i hear their academy is one of the toughest. but i think you will have an advantage with experience and your spanish speaking abilities. you'll have to go through the whole process and goto another academy. and you might get lower pay than your federal pay (i'm assuming you're probably a gs-9 w/ leap? ) ... i was offered a BP position last year in yuma,AZ. but turned it down since i was offered a PD job in orange county, ca.

where are you stationed at? blythe? el centro? if you apply for PD in CA, you'll probably be making about the same pay. and you get to work in a city instead of the desert and see peoples that aren't illegals or tumbleweeds.
    Last edited by ask80; 04-05-2007, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lmh4267
    started a topic Border Patrol or Local PD

Border Patrol or Local PD

I am currently a BP Agent. I'm stationed in the middle of nowhere and it doesn't look like i'll be going anywhere for a while. I've been with the BP for ywo years and I was wondering if it would be a bad career move to go to a local PD in a more populated and favorable location. Any feedback would be great. I don't want to make a bad career move.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4756 users online. 285 members and 4471 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X