Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texan2050 what shows up in the caller ID for the phone call? I get about 3-5 BS phone calls a day and I live in the DC area, so some of them say Washington DC. I’ve been answering almost all, but I’d love to know what to look out for. Thanks

Comment

• Texan2050
      Texan2050 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Surf...just the regular phone number with the local area code. I’d just continue to answer all phone calls, and if you miss it surely they will leave a voicemail with their info

• futureFLEO
      futureFLEO commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey surf, any word on scheduling fit yet? I haven heard anything since the good news email on 1/8... starting to get a little worried. Doesn’t usually take this long...

• Do y’all know how long the academy is supposed to be? // if they allow you to get hired and negotiate your pay band? I’m LE right now and make a lot more than they offer you for the first like.. 5 years (no location incentive included)

Comment

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      Academy is 5 months right now in its current format. New program will be roughly 4 months. Most people in my class, including me, took significant pay cuts to take this job. Best agency w/ the best mission and the pay catches up pretty fast.

• Seems from around the forums, only a few other than RG got called for FIT. Hopefully this is a good sign for RG and provides a little more hope for April.

Comment

• Today was my first FIT and I beasted it somehow. Thre other person who took it was on their third FIT but they're already in the April class. They were also Recent Grad. Hopefully, I get a call. I received the email last week.

Comment

• Texan2050
        Texan2050 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you elaborate on how they’re already on the April class? They were offered before taking the test?
        Last edited by Texan2050; 01-14-2020, 04:00 PM.

• ROGUE SEVEN
        ROGUE SEVEN commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe because they already had a passing FIT, they were given a slot pending passing again. They really couldn't elaborate
        I've heard of people getting class dates before even taking the FIT.

• Texan2050
        Texan2050 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s interesting as I know there are several of us who have already taken it in the past and passed, but were not offered a slot pending a successful passed FIT. Thanks

• Hello everyone ! Any guidance would be very appreciated Dose anyone know about how long after the drug test do they do the fit test ? And how long after that do they usually send the good news email ?

Also if anyone been given an April date what locations where offered by chance
      Last edited by PoliceGirl27; 01-14-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Texan2050
        Texan2050 commented
        Editing a comment
        Which announcement did you apply to? If you applied only to this one then you are locked into PR and DC only

• NiteLite916
        NiteLite916 commented
        Editing a comment
        @QuickTurn @PoliceGirl27

QuickTurn it sounds like PoliceGirl27 is in the same boat we are in or at least close to us as far as timeframe. Can you add her to the GroupMe chat?

• quick_turn
        quick_turn commented
        Editing a comment
        PoliceGirl27 send me a message for groupme chat

• SuccessfulVibes
        SuccessfulVibes commented
        Editing a comment
        After my drug test, it was just a few months before the call for the FIT test. I received my good news email shortly after the test.

• Same page here. Completed drug test yesterday, now wondering when will they call me in for PT.

Comment

• Texan2050 I applied to this one . Do you happen to know how long the pt will take after drug test is ?

Comment

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that depends on how long your medical and background take to get completed. I waited 5 months in between my drug test and first pt test.

Also the good news email usually comes before your pt test signaling an adjudicated background. However, that’s not always the case. I didn’t receive the good news email till my 3rd pt test

• ROGUE SEVEN
          ROGUE SEVEN commented
          Editing a comment
          Texan, correct me if im wrong but is the "good news" email the one that announced the April class date selections?

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I believe so Rogue.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the pool! Your mileage will definitely vary when it comes to wait times... My wait from UA to my first FIT was 5 months but I've seen everything from 2-8 months. There isn't a way to really predict it, unfortunately.

Texan2050 is correct that your personal wait will depend on medical and background. If they don't ask for additional information AND your BI/adjudication goes perfectly you could be given the FIT sometime prior to the April class. As a rule of thumb, though, if you don't take a FIT test at least 60 days prior to the class your chances of getting in are slim just from gauging the timelines for the last 2 years worth of classes. Still, miracles have happened in these forums so don't lose hope!

• Texan2050 Thank you for that information . Hopefully I get into the April class .

Comment

• Noah Jake
          Noah Jake commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my drug test in July and have not heard anything. Everyone’s timelines are different based on different factors.

• Has anyone in the DC area taken a fit recently for the April class? I haven’t heard anything since the good news email on 1/8. Wondering if DC just hasn’t done them yet or if I should be worried...

Comment

• surfnturf90
          surfnturf90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Still radio silence since my background interview.

• Noah Jake have u met with your background investigator? If so when was that

Comment

• Noah Jake
          Noah Jake commented
          Editing a comment
          Have not met with a background investigator

• Does anyone have a good email to reach out to regarding medical? I sent an email to EXAM about a month ago and received no correspondents, not even the generic "You are still an active applicant". Completed my medical in July (and BI), sent follow up paperwork in September, nothing since. I also received a TO under schedule B. Is it possible they are holding off to push me through the schedule B announcement?

Comment

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why don’t you email the person that sent the follow up email? That’s what I did. If that fails you can try [email protected]

Also if you sent in the follow up and the doctor said you were good to go. I’d bet not hearing back is good news which means your medical is prob good to go as long as you cleared everything up that was requested in the follow up email
          Last edited by Texan2050; 01-17-2020, 05:03 PM.

• usmc28
          usmc28 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll do that! I'm just a little concerned that I haven't been called for FIT yet.

• Just took the FIT a few days ago. Third time passing it. The deputies that were there were shocked that I haven’t been selected yet. Just waiting for the next step!

Comment

• futureFLEO
          futureFLEO commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, I’m still waiting for the call/email to schedule my third fit after the 1/8 good news email!! It’s never taken this long before. Worried I might have slipped through a crack this time....

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same...the deputy was shocked I hadn’t been picked up yet either.

I’m sure the call is coming future...looks like they are still scheduling RG for FIT
          Last edited by Texan2050; 01-18-2020, 03:13 PM.

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been haunting these forums for awhile and taking the FIT three times has happened before. I've NEVER seen four... if it helps, lol.

I think that the schedule b hiring push has forced them to change normal procedures due to increased numbers of applicants and expedited timeline.

Take a look at some of the 2018 nw timelines... you're right on track for the next class! Hang in there.

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Beauonly...I reckon you start the academy tomorrow! Good luck brother. Hopefully we’ll see you there in April!!

• Got the text for FIT! But they thought I was in Arizona and I moved to PNW for LE stuff like 1 1/2 years ago... ah geez. Emailed the guy and told him I can’t make that FIT appointment and waiting to see what’s new.

yes, I emailed them tbst I moved awhile back

Comment

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          That happened to me at one point. They’ll have the local district deputy contact you soon enough

• leohoping
          leohoping commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t know how to respond via mobile... @ Tex yeah they reached out. Thanks for the reassurance bro. I take it soon.

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck!

• So I completed my medical exam in late December but haven’t heard anything back since then... is that good news?

What’s the next email / step in this process and how long will it take for me to hear back?

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          That's par for the course. If you already have a t5 clearance you wont hear anything until you get the good news email or a message asking for a FIT.

If you're not cleared you'll meet with a BI before that.

• minugget96
          minugget96 commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean by “par for the course”? Yes I already have a t5 through the military. What’s a BI? Sorry so many questions, just a lot of unanswered questions!

• Texan2050
          Texan2050 commented
          Editing a comment
          Background Investigator

• Michael Scarn
          Michael Scarn commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my medical in November and haven’t heard anything. Who knows how long it will take for you to hear anything.

• If no additional documentation is required, about a month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14972 users online. 398 members and 14574 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X