Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the call to do my drug test. Due by wednesday. Its been almost 6 months since I've heard from them after my medical. They didn't even ask for any follow up information for that which was odd. All my other medicals did.
    Anyone know the timeline between drug and FIT test?

Comment

• Got TO. 6-8 month background process. Excited!!! But going through with local PD and if I get to go to Marshals’s after, great

Comment

• Mhuck
        Mhuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I got an email about my transcripts same time as you. Didn’t get a TO however but hope it happens sometime. Who knows

• I’m sure it will. Seems the general rule of thumb is if you get an email, you’re most likely being made an offer.

Comment

• Just got a TO. No official transcript was requested. However, I believe that the initial transcript I provided was an official copy.

Comment

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Rub it in.. hahaha just kidding. Congratulations! That’s awesome!

• Got called for my drug test today, slowly pushing my way through several processes and glad to have some forward motion... staring down the barrel at my last Active Duty paycheck and still no academy dates... on the bright side this new gray hair is making me look quite the distinguished gentleman...

Comment

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          AD as well and I wish I started researching this a year ago. I keep pushing my guys to start the process over a year. Dont be like me and have to sign a year extension.

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          Maannnnn its always a gamble, to be honest I started applying as far out as 2017 for some jobs, the ONLY way to make a clean transition from AD right into a GS career is to have lady luck on your side. I though I would be solid but boy was I wrong... I technically still have until the end of may to make it all come together bit thats a little to close for comfort and with how slow everything is going not likely in my eyes.... if I had to do it over again, I would have lined up a job as a stateside defense contractor/ mil reservist and started applying from that spot with a lot less stress. As of now my worst case scenario plan is to start as a PMC in July for a year overseas to bank some cash and start another application process.

• I received a TO today as well! I had a June interview.

Comment

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          For you all who are receiving TO, is this only for two locations?

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Well. I sent my transcripts off the 7th. Hopefully I receive something soon.

• jonesdr
          jonesdr commented
          Editing a comment
          “If you successfully complete the pre-employment process, you will be placed in a pool of applicants who are likewise eligible for a DUSM position. You will be sent to a hiring official and considered along with these other applicants for these positions as they become available. You must be selected by a hiring official for a specific duty location before you will receive a final offer letter of employment”-TO Letter

It kind of sounds like will be considered for wherever, but I bet this is just boilerplate language they use.

• LCam
          LCam commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, my documentation does not have an location listed but I do assume that it is for DC since that is what I applied for.

• Originally posted by Gollywompas View Post
        Got called for my drug test today, slowly pushing my way through several processes and glad to have some forward motion... staring down the barrel at my last Active Duty paycheck and still no academy dates... on the bright side this new gray hair is making me look quite the distinguished gentleman...
        Golly,

how soon the BI investigator contact you after you sent your forms in? Or did you hear back from drug first?

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          No contact with a BI but i assume thats bc I already have a TS/SCI... got my TO on the 5th and sent everything back on the 7th

• I received a TO back in August and just waiting on FIT test. Haven't done a background so hoping they take my current TS.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the FIT?

• Well now they sent an email asking for a copy of my most recent SF-50. So sent those in. Back to waiting.

Comment

• Almost a year after applying to the March announcement, I received my T.O. on March 18. Currently have a TS/SCI so I'm hoping the rest goes pretty quick. USMS requested my transcripts two-weeks prior. I interviewed in June.
          Last edited by P_Pharaoh; 03-21-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Deadpker
            Deadpker commented
            Editing a comment
            Current military?

• P_Pharaoh
            P_Pharaoh commented
            Editing a comment
            Retired military. I applied as a recent graduate.

• Tommyjd78
            Tommyjd78 commented
            Editing a comment
            I also have a current TS. Received my TO March 14, 2019. They are cross referencing my current clearance/BI. Hope to hear about next steps soon! I havent heard about any timelines between TO and next steps? Has anyone? I am in the a schedule B/excepted service hiring pool.

• Question I was never ask to submit my transcripts other than when I submitted my application and still got a TO. Why are they asking for transcripts? Thanks!

Comment

• Deadpker
            Deadpker commented
            Editing a comment
            They need official transcripts on file. If you already submitted them, then they don’t need them.

• P_Pharaoh
            P_Pharaoh commented
            Editing a comment
            I submitted them for the original announcement. Don't know what happened to them after that.

• Anyone else who submitted transcripts and (if needed) SF-50 not heard anything back yet?

Comment

• jj858
            jj858 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent in an updated SF-50 and 2 weeks later they said it was put in my file.

• leohoping
            leohoping commented
            Editing a comment
            Rooting for you man

• Leatherneck2026
            Leatherneck2026 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent my transcripts in a couple weeks ago and have not heard back yet.

• Meeting with my background investigator later this week and actively scheduling my medical evaluation. Still haven’t done the PT test. Anyone know what medical paperwork they may ask for from my current doctor and also does anyone have a estimate on how long till I take my PT test

Comment

• jj858
            jj858 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just the usual if you had any surgeries etc to bring those paper in especially if you claim disabilities from the military. They will just do a blood test, EKG, hearing and vision.

• Originally posted by Momma I Made It View Post
          Meeting with my background investigator later this week and actively scheduling my medical evaluation. Still haven’t done the PT test. Anyone know what medical paperwork they may ask for from my current doctor and also does anyone have a estimate on how long till I take my PT test
          How long after your TO did you get the email to schedule medical?

Comment

• Exactly a month for me

How long after your TO did you get the email to schedule medical? [/QUOTE]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8780 users online. 415 members and 8365 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X