300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **deleted**
    Last edited by Tx21; 12-04-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Anyone who interviewed in June heard anything yet? I applied to the July announcement as well, was invited to late October interviews, but told them I already interviewed in June and they said that score will be used for both. I’ve emailed HR twice and got the generic “you are still and active applicant, check back in another 60 days.” Other than that, complete radio silence. Anyone in the same boat?

Comment

• SuccessfulVibes
        SuccessfulVibes commented
        Editing a comment
        I interviewed on 26 Apr. I haven’t heard much since. I know I’m still in the process but I think the best thing to do while waiting....is act as if you didn’t apply at all. Continue with your day to day life and forget about it. You can’t stress or get anxiety over something you aren’t thinking about. This has helped me this past year and change as I have applied to several different long standing FLEO positions. I enjoy my current and I live life. No stress or worries. Everything will come to fruition: Gods Plan : -)

• Hi Everyone, has anyone received information about the new hiring process? I am mostly curious about how they are getting the word out about these information sessions, so that I can attend one. Thanks.

Comment

• LCam, I went to an information session yesterday. They started an excepted hiring process and the info session was phase one instead of a usajobs application. If I remember right is a regional hiring only. Got a flyer sent to me by a sheriffs deputy I know, was alot of former/current military there so I assume they posted flyers on the local base.
        Last edited by SouthrnFishn2; 12-13-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• LCam
          LCam commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it sounds like it is regional, and only southwest and mid atlantic right now. I only knew about the Texas session because I have a friend in the office down there. Unfortunately I couldn't travel, but I definitely would have gone to the DC if I had know about it!! I will just keep trying to reach a recruiter and hope that they keep an email list for when these are scheduled.

• So I got a call for my drug test right before I was going to fly on vacation and the person said to call them when I get back but I have been getting no answer for 2 days. Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

• mercede_morga
          mercede_morga commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they email you? If so email the lady back. They sent me forms

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hit several scheduling issues with my drug test and it turned out fine. Once I was TDY on military orders, another time my wife and I were gone on vacation. Just leave them a message and they will get back with you.

• Did yall just reach out to the regions where they are doing the excepted hiring program. I applied under the recent grad and now i am in the background phase. Havent heard anything yet and would like to talk to a recruiter.

Comment

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you interview? I interviewed June 04 and haven't heard anything yet.

• troy84
          troy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mhuck i interviewed in july of 2018.

• DB9173
          DB9173 commented
          Editing a comment
          I interviewed in June also. I emailed them recently and I got the normal email stating it can take 10-12 months.

• Mhuck
          Mhuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea got the same email stating that the process can take up to 10 months. I'd hope that if we were no longer in the process they wouldn't be sending those kinds of emails but who knows with the federal system.

• Anyone have more info on the excepted hiring (schedule B)? Is it in any way expedited ?

Comment

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          They told us in our session (before the shutdown) that the first academy for the schedule b could be September 2019 with interviews being mid January. Who knows now.

• Mustang2003
          Mustang2003 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh really, they didn't tell us that at the one I attended. Where did you go fro yours?

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Columbia SC

• Sent in my fingerprints and e-Qip last week. Still waiting to hear about the FIT. Anyone know if you can go to the academy with the background investigation still pending?

Comment

• Anyone waiting on Adjudication?

Comment

• Assuming the Government shutdown is only delaying the process more for everyone.

Comment

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment
            That is correct.

• Hello y’all,

First time poster.

I have a question. Is it possible to do the medical before a TO?
          Last edited by MadameAshley; 01-14-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Deke1058
            Deke1058 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, you won't move on to the next step without a TO.

• MadameAshley
            MadameAshley commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh okay. A friend of mine is interested in the Marshals and thru our convos she made it seem like she hasn’t had any offer yet. But she told me she did the Medical.
            Last edited by MadameAshley; 01-14-2019, 01:05 PM.

• Is the govt shutdown affecting the hiring process of USMS candidates?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, 26 days and counting.

• Yet another question lol. From the point you get a TO to your FO, How long is the process (before the GA academy) Especially if you have a clean background?

Comment

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            5 months to 2 years.

• Deke1058
            Deke1058 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a clean background, served in the Marines and have a 3.9 gpa. I been in the process for 10 months now. Waiting to meet with an investigator and do the FIT. Looking like a year at least for me from when I applied. Maybe being a female will work in your favor though, I'm not sure.

• RedBeardRanger
            RedBeardRanger commented
            Editing a comment
            That really depends. There is no definitive answer. Variables such as any prior medial issues, complexity of your background, current hiring needs, lapses in funding, etc. are going to alter the timing. The "cleanliness" of your background is not the factor. If you do not have a passable background then you will not pass the investigation.

The complexity of your background investigation is really what determines the timeline. For example if you have lived in the same place your whole life, haven't traveled much, only had one job, etc. there is less for the investigators to look into. Conversely if you have moved many times, attended multiple schools, or lived away from home while attending school, have traveled abroad extensively, etc. this will significantly increase the time in which it takes to complete the background investigation.

• June Interviewees I spoke to two recruiters this month, and both reassured me that there is no need to apply to the schedule b hiring postings (when they come out) if I am still an active candidate. I also contacted HR today and they responded to my email in less than 5 hours. I got the generic response that I am still an active candidate and the process can take 9+ months. I did not ask about my interview score, but they did state that they can not give out the results of the interview. Just thought I would update, I know we are all dying with this "patience" thing...

Comment

• Mf821
            Mf821 commented
            Editing a comment
            This is just my understanding but it is now going to schedule B so there won't be announcements anymore like there has been. You have to contact a recruiter.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told by my local recruiter in December they haven't rolled out Schedule B hiring in my area yet. Might give him a call back.

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Talked to a different recruiter at the same office, it's a large metropolitan city, and he said they are still not doing schedule b hiring yet. He said to still refer to USAJOBS for any announcements.

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s only implemented in the southwest and DC as of now. I had traveled to AZ when I went to the information session. Just waiting to hear back, the shutdown didn’t help.

• Does anybody have a good contact for HR?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12642 users online. 408 members and 12234 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X