300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 USFWS Land Management LEO

Just wondering if there are any 2018 Applicants?

I applied. Been referred to the hiring manager. Received the email on Tuesday.

Comment

I have been referred, let's keep track

Comment

Referred from 2017 announcements but never got passed that step.

Comment

Anyone heard any updates on their app?

Comment

I just USAjobs and it says I was referred.

Comment

Phone interviews have been scheduled.

Comment

As in, the agency has scheduled to start giving phone interviews soon, or they are already making calls to candidates? Thanks in advance for clarification.

Comment

I just had a phone interview about an hour ago. Hope all goes well. Does anyone know what happens in the next step? For example, they told me the next step was at Falls Church, VA from March 5th -9th. What exactly will I be doing there for that week?
                  Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
                  Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by iwtlatswy View Post
                    I just had a phone interview about an hour ago. Hope all goes well. Does anyone know what happens in the next step? For example, they told me the next step was at Falls Church, VA from March 5th -9th. What exactly will I be doing there for that week?
                    Sent you a PM

Comment

Any insight into the best/worst refuges to work at? I've been looking online but can't find anything.
                      Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
                      Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Any insight into the best/worst refuges to work at? I've been looking online but can't find anything.
                        Not everything is online. Somethings are known just by a few who don't talk much.

What's the best/worst of the NWRS? That depends...

If you like long sandy beaches, then Pea Island NWR (NC outer banks) or Willapa Bay NWR (Washington coast) are the best.

If you like alligators and hanging moss, then Okefenokee NWR in Georgia is the best.

If you like pink flamingos and wood storks, then Ding Darling NWR in Florida is the best.

If you like sage brush and rim rock and desert mountains, then Malheur NWR in eastern Oregon is best.

If you like the majestic Grand Tetons and tourists, then Elk NWR in Wyoming is the best.

The list goes on and on.... big known gems like Kenai NWR in Alaska, and little unknown gems like Modoc NWR in California.

Most are remote. Most are bug and snake infested swamps. Many are in communities that don't appreciate their existence (which might not seem like a big deal but it may be challenging, especially for spouse and kids. No one likes to be a pariah.)

If you're from Florida, winters at Upper Souris NWR in North Dakota may not work for you. Conversely, if you're from Maine, you'll melt at Cabeza Prieta NWR in southern Arizona.

Worst? Well, few pursue that job to work in urban areas, and there are a few urban refuges. Minnesota Valley NWR is next to the Mall of America. Detroit River NWR is next to a coal burning power plant. And good luck living off a GS9 salary at San Francisco Bay NWR.

You could end up living the dream at a pretty cool place, chock full of ducks, deer, and fish, off the beaten path but not too remote, low cost of living, abundant recreational opportunities, etc.

Or you could end up at a real S hole- smog-filled and noisy, expensive to live, marginal wildlife value, nestled between a freeway and a landfill, counting the days until you leave.

It's all a roll of the dice.

One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

Did anyone get their invitation invite to Phase 2?

Comment

• passwordistaco
                            passwordistaco commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes. As said above, in person interviews are the week of March 5 in Falls Church, as well as the PEB, psych test, and drug test. They also started reference checks.

Have fun with those panel interviews! They have some good questions that will make you think. I'd say it the most challenging panel I've had (went through FAM, DEA, CBP, and some locals). They have some great people out at Falls Church, they will make you feel like family when you get through it all.

Are people still getting invites to test week?
                          sigpic

Comment

qHaven't received any invite, was told about it over the phone? I called and they said if folks turn down the invite they will be sending emails this week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11186 users online. 478 members and 10708 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X