300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degree's for the DEA

Im currently a United States Marine with a background in the Infantry ( 0311 ) and am now with 3rd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team ( FAST ). Im looking at applying with the DEA when I get out of the USMC. What is the best degree to obtain to maximize my chances of getting picked up by the DEA?

Originally posted by SR-25
    Im currently a United States Marine with a background in the Infantry ( 0311 ) and am now with 3rd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team ( FAST ). Im looking at applying with the DEA when I get out of the USMC. What is the best degree to obtain to maximize my chances of getting picked up by the DEA?
    There is no best degree. If one were to suggest one, and then you got a degree in that major, and then the DEA changed direction on the kind of degree they were seeking, you would be screwed to a certain extent. One, the DEA would overlook your application for others with a degree they are looking for. Two, you would have a degree in something that you might not want to pursue a career in.
    Accounting was the last popular degree that DEA was seeking over other degrees. It might not be popular anymore when you get out.

Comment

can't go wrong with computers. it seems all the government services are seeking computer nerds... I started that way for 2 years but lost interest.

Comment

Also, keep your choices open for other agencies. DEA is on a major hiring freeze that's set as of now to continue through 2008. ATF is similar, ICE works major drug cases, so does NCIS. I also agree that a foreign language makes you super competitive. Arabic, Farsi, and Japanese are HOT commodities and will be for several years I think. Of course, it takes that long to learn them to proficiency too.

Kelly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6384 users online. 364 members and 6020 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X