Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kilroywashere
    replied
    Hey all, I know not too many other people are updating this thread anymore, but just thought I'd add the last bit of info for anyone who may be in the dark.
    MPD appointment letters went out today to everyone selected for the academy starting June 17th. This letter tells you where to get uniforms, ID fingerprints etc. but does not mean you're in for sure. You have to double check with the Fire and Police Commission to make sure you passed all the last few steps (pysch/medical/drug/background update). It's best to just call and find out, because you need to get uniforms ASAP, but it doesn't make sense to spend all that money if you don't know for sure that you've been appointed. And if you wait on the official letter, it probably won't be here until about a week before the start date like it has been for everyone else. I called earlier today and I'm in! So check for yourself, because she did say that they're still waiting for the results of a few others, so don't assume that "no news is good news". Good luck everyone! See you on the 17th!

Leave a comment:

• kilroywashere
    replied
    Well it’s just the conditional offer not the official appointment letter from MPD Human Resources. But it’s good to know they’re gonna wait until the last minute before we hear for sure lol.

Leave a comment:

• Dedede123
    commented on 's reply
    Man, they really gave you notice. Ours was a week before academy started.

• kilroywashere
    replied
    Did my PT test today and passed everything even beyond the academy exit standards. Got my conditional offer of employment, but we still need to pass the drug/medical and psych eval before we get appointed. Class starts June 17th.

Leave a comment:

• MKEkid80
    replied
    Just an update PT date is set and going in next week to look over my PHQ, its getting closer.

Leave a comment:

• MKEkid80
    replied
    Talked to one of the HR lady and she said BI got our packets and PT would be in Jan and Feb.

Leave a comment:

• MKEkid80
    replied
    Received an email today, I passed both oral and writing exams. To look out for PRT in early 2019. A friend of mine also received the same email so I feel little better that he wont be making Dec class either lol.

Leave a comment:

• kilroywashere
    commented on 's reply
    I checked again tonight. It's been changed to "scheduled for run".

• kilroywashere
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads up! Good to remember that, that joke of a physical agility test isn't the only thing we should be getting ready for. Although it would be nice to finally get word on when we're up for it. I hear they're holding it to the last part of the process so people don't have to take it over and over as they wait on the list.

• Mkesandman89
    replied
    Good luck everyone in the hiring process, I have been in the Academy for 3 weeks now... I highly recommend those that are planning to join the academy to start doing cardio, core and circuit work outs. We had 3 P.T. Classes and everyone in my class was sore for a couple days after. I recommended doing 20 squats, 15 push-ups, 20 power jumps and one minute of planks each for one minute. This isn't a cake walk as many thought it would be. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Leave a comment:

• MKEkid80
    commented on 's reply
    I will keep you posted on the progress.

• kilroywashere
    replied
    MKEkid80 I just checked and mine said the exact same thing. Looks like we're about to get some sorta notice. I checked the Fire and Police Commission website and they're making an amendment to the eligible list to get ready for the next group. I did my orals the same time as you. They processed 498 candidates and only 223 of us passed. Let me know when/if you hear anything.

Leave a comment:

• MKEkid80
    replied
    Have anyone ever check status by going on job aps Milwaukee? Ive been checking on it lately and last week my status was "scheduled for PHQ" and today is "scheduled for performance" Hopefully, I should be getting a letter for going in for PRT soon.
    Last edited by MKEkid80; 07-24-2018, 04:27 PM. Reason: Typo.

Leave a comment:

• MKEkid80
    replied
    Good luck to everyone in this July class. Ill be pushing for the next one.

Leave a comment:

• Barto101
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing everyone one the 15th for orientation! Ready to get started on the 16th

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7501 users online. 389 members and 7112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X