Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man. I wonder how man people drop/fail out during the academy. I am excited but also nervous I do not know what to expect. None of my Criminal Justice classes went over how academy's are run and what to expect.

Comment

• Dedede123
      Dedede123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've gone through an academy before, but on the other side of the state. I'm sure they're tough because it's Milwaukee. But they're also investing in you. They don't want you to fail. For example, Chicago PD has a 97% pass rate, with a majority of the 3% quitting voluntarily.

Just listen, pay attention, and DO NOT BE "THAT" PERSON. EVERY academy has one. That one person that points their unloaded firearm at people with the laser on at range because it's "funny." That one person that handcuffs recruits to chairs. That one person that has to talk when the instructor is talking.

So just come in with a winning attitude. And remember, your getting PAID to be at the academy. Other than Madison and Milwuakee, and a few of the other bigger departments, most agencies won't even look at you until you put yourself through an academy.

Also sorry to repeat my self. You think is a good idea I call the BI and tell him I put in my two weeks?

Comment

• Dedede123
      Dedede123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent mine an email. He said that once he gets my file back he'll add it and send it back. I feel like they would've contacted us by now.

Just remember to mention anything important. For example, a recruit got in a few years ago and forgot to mention that he was accused of raping someone. Not something you want to explain to the investigator a few months AFTER it happened. So long as you stayed on the straight and arrow since he did the background, I'd say you're fine.

I been trying to call my background investigator for a week now.. I want to put my two weeks in when I get that official letter.. just want to be on safe side

Comment

Are they sending out an official notice? I thought Dede said the email we received on the 4th was our last notice that we will get from MPD.

Comment

I talked to that mai xiong who sent that email March 1st and she said that’s the last letter we would get from the police department.. I guess the FPC is different department but I also talk to a guy from FPC and said once they have all testing results we should receive a official letter .. Rachel Stein from FPC said the same thing and was waiting on one more of my results .. I also talk to officer Ratliff and she said we should be receiving a letter as well .. maybe they giving me different opinions.. plus I think the chief approves the 65 recruit list on the 21st so maybe we should here something then ...

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will contact the FPC around 3 PM. I like our odds to get in, but once it officially starts I'll feel more comfortable.

Comment

True. I'm feeling comfortable now that enough time has passed. I think they should have all the results by now, but I'd still like to know, because I have to move from one side of the state to the other for this.

Comment

They sure know how to get people on edge. I go in for my picture and fingerprint today. I left a voicemail for the FPC yesterday. I’ll try them again.

Comment

Just called FPC. She said I passed everything and am in. She said she’s just finishing up on getting people psychological results back.

Comment

• Congratulations !! I just called and left 2 voicemails and sent a email lol Hopefully they get back to me today !!

Comment

• It be nice so you can put in your notice. I would just keep calling. My hold up was them looking up my drug test. It would of been a little bit longer if I wasn’t a sub for the last academy. Just got back from taking my picture and fingerprints. Cadet was telling me two people in the current academy failed a certain test. Idk which one. Also that the fitness is going to be difficult. I’m a gym guy but cardio not really.

Comment

• I believed I passed everything I don’t do drugs I called the medical doctor and I was cleared February 2 and the psychologist said I’ll be a good fit for Milwaukee.. So I’m not worried just want to be on the 100% safe side ... I started working out but I can’t run a mile and half without walking lol ...

Comment

• You’ll be in then. The FPC lady seemed like she was overwhelmed with stuff when I called. I even apologized for bothering her. Sounds like the academy will fix our cardio problem. Now I just need Red’s to finish my uni and the random other things we need for the academy.

Comment

• I just talked to the FPC and I passed everything but I still have to wait on my psychological results. She told me that those exams are coming in periodically so it’s a lot of people who haven’t gotten there results back yet .. I took the exam on Jan 3rd and met with the psychologist Jan 16th ... I guess it’s a slow process!!

Comment

• You’ll get the “official” letter like 2 days before you start, I’m I’m the current class. Strongly advised to come to the orientation, the background investigator won’t contact you back if you passed or failed out. If you got an email to report then you’re pretty much in!

Also, don’t stress about the gun light, you won’t need it till like week 7 so if you can’t get it yet don’t worry! If you have any questions ask away!
                            Last edited by Nateeeee; 03-17-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Dedede123
                              Dedede123 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you for the update, Nateeeee. I have to move as I live on the other side of the state, so that information is reassuring. I will hopefully be in Milwaukee and all moved in within the middle of next week.

I guess the only question I have is where you've seen people in the academy run into issues or where people have dropped out. Obviously, everyone is different, and the academy is the best place to make and learn mistakes, but it's sad to see someone try and drop out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8953 users online. 432 members and 8521 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X