Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if anyone hears anything please let us know. I'll do the same. Hopefully we all get in.

Comment

FPC said if we were on the sub list for the Dec academy our spots are secure for the next academy. We are in if we pass the background update and the physical part.

Comment

Score. That is awesome. Won't get my hopes up till is official, but that is good news.

Comment

I really don't want to take this physical again man lol.

Comment

Is impossible not to run the mile n half in the time they allow, you could walk it. I was talking to one of the instructors at the last PT he said most people fail on the sit ups or the push ups. I saw someone fail on the sit ups when I did mine last time. Kind of felt bad, but then again you had enough time to practice is only 23.

Comment

I do agree with you PTown I don't really want to do it again either. Feels like we just did it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDanR6 View Post
                Is impossible not to run the mile n half in the time they allow, you could walk it. I was talking to one of the instructors at the last PT he said most people fail on the sit ups or the push ups. I saw someone fail on the sit ups when I did mine last time. Kind of felt bad, but then again you had enough time to practice is only 23.
                Yeah the mile is pretty easy. The sit ups as well, there was a woman who failed when I went and had me nervous but I did my sit ups in thirty seconds.

Comment

Did they hint to when emails will be going out for the physical. Silence is torture.

Comment

Did they tell you guys at your medical and psychological if you were good? I never got called about the MMPI, which I hear is a good thing. Mine are Tomorrow, and if they say I'm good, I'm counting that as in. Already know I'll pass background and drug test.

Comment

Medical they’ll tell you if you failed and why. I was told the psychologist will tell you if you failed. I don’t know if that’s true or not.

Comment

• Dedede123
                        Dedede123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Passed medical. Psych coming up, so I guess I should buckle up...

Just took the psychological. Psychologist said he didn't see anything out of the ordinary, said I seemed normal, and there was nothing important so the mmpi or anything else that would come into question. So I guess we're going to call that good.
                        Last edited by Dedede123; 01-18-2018, 03:49 PM.

• DangerDanR6
                        DangerDanR6 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good luck on your meeting with the psychologist. Basically all he asked me was my high school life and what jobs I had after. Also why I want to become a cop

Just got the email to re do the physical at least we don't have to go through the other steps again.

Comment

• Lil_roby
                        Lil_roby commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My name wasn’t on the Sub list, so if I pass would my background just be starting, or they just didn’t get to me yet? It’s been 5 months, and I have no idea where I’m at. I tried calling FPC, but they never answer or call back.

• Lil_roby
                        Lil_roby commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Anytime an unknown number or number I don’t know call me, I run to my phone just to find out it’s a spam caller lol.

• DangerDanR6
                        DangerDanR6 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think you are good to go on your background. I'm assuming your background investigator sent your info to the FPC and they approved you. Especially If they did it 5 months ago and they also sent you and email to re do the fitness test that means you should be good to go. Everything I just said isn't a fact I'm just guessing. Also with you being ranked in the 160's you have a very good chance of getting into the March class since they went down to rank 127 for the December class. So hopefully we both get in trying not to get too exited until I get the email that say's I am for sure in. Has anyone else heard anything beside for the re take of the fitness?

• Lil_roby
                        Lil_roby commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i just called the FPC, she said if you didn’t receive any email about being disqualified you’re still in the process. We have to retake the fitness test because the results expire after 6 months.

Thank you for the update.

Comment

Took my physical for the second time today, passed woth no problems. Hopefully I get to update my background soon and be on my way.

Comment

Yeah I took mine again today. Seemed like everyone there was a sub for the last academy. Sounds like our chances are very high. I was speaking to one of the FPC people there. They said it sounds like they’ll kind of let us know last minute basically just enough time to put in our two week notice. Hopefully that isn’t what happens.
                          Last edited by DangerDanR6; 02-08-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Is it just me, or is anyone else dying to get a phone call/e-mail?

Comment

• Dedede123
                              Dedede123 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not especially. From what we everyone has said and what I've read in other forums, the earliest anyone has ever been notified is 3 weeks prior to start. So if they haven't said you failed yet, your likely in. I'm sure they're just getting it all set. Hiring all these people at once is likely a bureaucratic nightmare.

I was just planning on moving to the area, but two other departments have started background on me. So now I need to start weighing my options if I get a second offer. At least they both told me I'll know before March 26.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7261 users online. 389 members and 6872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X