Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I originally made the sub list as well, but I had to do a drug screening yesterday. Thanks for the info

Comment

• Armygirl308
      Armygirl308 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am ranked 119 and on the contingency list as well...I got the email about the drug test too.

I don't think they are going to drug test me yet. I am one of the last names on the contingency list to be a sub being ranked 152.

Comment

• Armygirl308
      Armygirl308 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dangerdan I got the email on Friday to tak the drug test on Monday...I’m pretty sure it was for everyone already in and some of the sub list people.

• PTownMostWanted
      PTownMostWanted commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you might want to double check your email. I got the notice for the drug test on monday too and went. I don't necessarily think there should've been a reason you didn't get the message seeing as you're literally one rank above me?

That is weird I just sent the HR person an email probably won’t get back to me till Monday.

Comment

Kind of nervous why I didn’t get the drug test email. I got the email saying from HR saying I’m on the contingency list and be prepared to buy the uniform and light. Seems weird.

Comment

Spoke with the Fire and Police commission. Basically said not to worry about the drug test and that if we don't get into this class and if your name is on the contingency list expect to hear from them in the 1st quarter of 2018. I heard from a buddy who is an LEO, that MPD does random drug test and doesn't drug test all new hire. I don't know how true that is kind of find it hard to believe that they wouldn't drug test all new hires.

Comment

Yeah I’m pretty sure they DT everyone they hire. It’s on the form in my hiring packet from Ed Flynn that if we don’t report for the DT that We are disqualified from the process. When they open up a new class I’m sure you guys will be sent to get tested, they probably want to keep it as close to the academy start as possible to make sure you’re clean going in

Comment

• PTownMostWanted
            Editing a comment
            That's weird. What about the people who got drug tested even though they were on the contingency list?

Got my email today...I start on Monday!

Comment

Congratulations. I have no idea PTown I didn’t really get the answer I wanted he just said wait for further emails.

Comment

They were probably the directly next people in line in case people drop out/fail the DT?

Comment

That’s what I thought, but I’m ranked one about PTown so idk why they drug test him and not me as well.

Comment

I honestly don’t think the ranking has much of anything to do with it. They combed through all the data they compiled through testing and the background investigations/interviews and decided who would be the best fit. If you look at it the ranked #4 person didn’t make it, but someone ranked #104 did. I’d just assume the people getting called for drug testing are possibly replacing people already invited to the academy.

Either way being on either list is a great thing and achievement, remember how many people were at that original testing day? I was super discouraged but out of those 2,000 people we got ranked!

Comment

Originally posted by Nateeeee View Post
                    I honestly don’t think the ranking has much of anything to do with it. They combed through all the data they compiled through testing and the background investigations/interviews and decided who would be the best fit. If you look at it the ranked #4 person didn’t make it, but someone ranked #104 did. I’d just assume the people getting called for drug testing are possibly replacing people already invited to the academy.

Either way being on either list is a great thing and achievement, remember how many people were at that original testing day? I was super discouraged but out of those 2,000 people we got ranked!
                    I really hope that's the case considering I got drug tested but I'm on the waiting list. I didn't really want to wait until spring anyway.

Comment

• DangerDanR6
                      DangerDanR6 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      True I didn’t think I would even be considered with how many people showed up to the testing. Took like 2 hours just waiting in line to take the test. Fingers crossed for the spring academy.

• Dedede123
                      Dedede123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hear anything yet?

Got the email today as well, looks like I'll be starting the academy on the 4th of December.

Comment

• DangerDanR6
                      DangerDanR6 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congratulations. I hope I get into the spring academy. Seems so far away.

• Dedede123
                      Dedede123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did they inform you what your rank was (explanation is in my question on this forum).

They just sent out an email today. They just did the fitness test and according to it, I'm being considered for March 26, 2018 Academy class. Scheduled to do a psychological, medical, drug, and I'm on the last portion of my background. I'm ranked in the 190s. Going to try to call them later to see what my odds are, as I live out of the area, and have two other departments doing background checks. Would really hate to go to another department for a month or two then immediately leave for Milwaukee.

Has anyone near my rank heard anything or made it into the December Academy? Might give me a better idea of where I'm at right now.

I managed to get ahold of them. Not much information, and they didn't know off hand how far down the list they went for the current Academy process. From what I can see, Armygirl308 is the known lowest for the December 2017 academy at rank 119. If anyone in the December 2017 academy could let me know what they've heard as the lowest rank that is currently in the class, I'd appreciate letting me know. It would both allow me to know where I'm at and let my boss know how soon he'll need to hire another person, as well as letting the other departments doing a background on me to know what else I have going on.
                    Last edited by Dedede123; 12-19-2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Armygirl308
                      Armygirl308 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They went to ranking 127 for the December class

• Dedede123
                      Dedede123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you for the responses everyone. I called Milwaukee to reschedule a date, and during the conversation, I was told that I already have a seat in the March academy, assuming I pass everything. I just took the MMPI, so here's hoping.

• DangerDanR6
                      DangerDanR6 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes much appreciate the updates. Getting nervous March really isn't that far away. Hope we all get in.

• PTownMostWanted
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I spoke with the FCC today as well. If anyone else was a substitute for the Dec class but didn't get called, that means for sure you have a spot in the March 26th class. Also we have to take the physical again in Feb, the whole physical.

Yes I agree, hahaha!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6199 users online. 312 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X