X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCN_1
    started a topic CBP Border Patrol Agent 17-9

CBP Border Patrol Agent 17-9

For anyone that has applied to the 17-9 CBP Border Patrol Agent opening. Really just curious how everyone’s processes are moving along, and what the time estimate is on receiving dates/times of next meetings, etc. My background investigation has been turned in and is pending, I have my structured interview scheduled for 11/7 in ATL, leaving only my polygraph, drug screening, and final fitness test.

• Moose225
    commented on 's reply
    Perfect thanks. When I took it 2016 the ALT was on it, guess he lucked out.

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    I know they had dropped it for the LEO GL9 announcement, and I think now for everyone

• Moose225
    replied
    Hey guys, figured this recent thread would be the best place to ask. Does the Entrance Exam still have the alternate language test? My coworker is taking his entrance exam this week, and I made him aware of the language test that I had to take when I was applying a couple years back, but he stated that his study guide only mentioned the reasoning section, nothing about the ALT. Can anyone who took it recently chime in?

Leave a comment:

• Mf821
    commented on 's reply
    Last time I sent it in with my EQIP I selected to not go under a provisional as I was waiting to hear back on another position. Now I'm wondering if I can change that.

• OCN_1
    commented on 's reply
    You can opt for provisional

• DLG2014
    replied
    Does anyone know if you can elect a provisional clearance after your BI has started?

Leave a comment:

• battlewagon
    replied
    Originally posted by DrakoBoats View Post
    I'm from 17-10 and my academy starts next week.
    Congrats, what station? Hope youre ready to run. Plus going there during the summer, but also able to experience the bitter cold in the winter. But that way in 10 years you can gripe to the trainees how you were there when there was snow on the ground and when it was 105. Congrats, embrace the suck. Best time of your life, and you will make friends that will be your BFFs for life.

Leave a comment:

• DrakoBoats
    replied
    I'm from 17-10 and my academy starts next week.

Leave a comment:

• battlewagon
    replied
    Originally posted by MaddenKing View Post
    Anybody from this class get an academy date? I applied to this class almost a year ago, and I am still in the process. However, I don't think I ever received anything about a starting date. I am still pending background and a drug test.
    The 17-9 isn't a class number. It is just the identifying number for that oartiparti vacancy. There's no correlation between the announcement number you apply for and what class you get sent to. For example, class numbers are somewhere in the 1100s I think now.

Leave a comment:

• OCN_1
    commented on 's reply
    I got the offer back in December, academy date for February. Ended up going with another agency instead. Could just be that your process is moving super slowly

• Mf821
    commented on 's reply
    Same thing with me, everything flew by initially and then just came to a stop when it came to BI and drug test. From Application to polygraph complete (never applied before so no steps completed when I applied) was only 4 months.

• MaddenKing
    replied
    Anybody from this class get an academy date? I applied to this class almost a year ago, and I am still in the process. However, I don't think I ever received anything about a starting date. I am still pending background and a drug test.

Leave a comment:

• battlewagon
    replied
    Originally posted by GarrettFaulks View Post
    Anybody know what Interim Results Granted for background investigation mean?
    A clearance granted to allow you to go to the academy. They will finish the background while you are there, or worse case scenario that I've seen here and there, after you graduate. If they do not finish until after you graduate, you will not be able to get your badge, creds, gun, or do any law enforcement work. Sounds bad, and it does suck, but youre on the clock, the time counts towards your first promotion in a year, and you are eligible for the extra pay 'overtime' (BPAPRA)

Shouldn't be an issue, but every once in a while people will be removed from training due to unfavorable findings.

Leave a comment:

• O.Ramos.4
    replied
    Recently passed my SI at the beginning of the month. Waiting on a date for my Polygraph. From what I've read, should I expect about a month or so before I get a date for that step? Anyone know the average length of the rest of the process from this point? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11757 users online. 483 members and 11274 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X