300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP Border Patrol Agent 17-9

For anyone that has applied to the 17-9 CBP Border Patrol Agent opening. Really just curious how everyone’s processes are moving along, and what the time estimate is on receiving dates/times of next meetings, etc. My background investigation has been turned in and is pending, I have my structured interview scheduled for 11/7 in ATL, leaving only my polygraph, drug screening, and final fitness test.

I applied to the 17-10 and 17-11, didn't qualify for gl9 until i tweaked out my resume. the only thing I have left is the polygraph, drug test and pft2. It was moving pretty quick but at a stale mate now. I took my SI last month and still waiting on my date for the dreadful polygraph.

Comment

Looks like you and I are about around the same mile marker in the process, but obviously I’ve still got my interview to handle within the next two weeks. Any advice for that? I’ve done my panel interview with USSS as of August, but I feel like CBP will be a lot different in many aspects.

Comment

I just applied to a listing that closed out recently. I've been determined eligible at a good GS level, I'm just hoping like hell I can get a polygraph waiver without having a TS (I have secret, plus federal LE). 75% failure rate for their poly right now... so ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah CBP’s polygraph really worries me honestly. Clean record, zero drug use, etc. I’m as far off the radar as possible. But I see other applicants talking about how they fail the poly with similar circumstances and it causes some anxiety for sure

Comment

Originally posted by EbolaCereal View Post
            I just applied to a listing that closed out recently. I've been determined eligible at a good GS level, I'm just hoping like hell I can get a polygraph waiver without having a TS (I have secret, plus federal LE). 75% failure rate for their poly right now... so ridiculous.
            No, that in itself will not get you a waiver. If you have another federal agency polygraph with favorable results, that will be considered.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

I applied but since I'm Federal with a TS, I applied for the poly waiver.

Comment

Anybody know what Interim Results Granted for background investigation mean?

Comment

Recently passed my SI at the beginning of the month. Waiting on a date for my Polygraph. From what I've read, should I expect about a month or so before I get a date for that step? Anyone know the average length of the rest of the process from this point? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettFaulks View Post
                    Anybody know what Interim Results Granted for background investigation mean?
                    A clearance granted to allow you to go to the academy. They will finish the background while you are there, or worse case scenario that I've seen here and there, after you graduate. If they do not finish until after you graduate, you will not be able to get your badge, creds, gun, or do any law enforcement work. Sounds bad, and it does suck, but youre on the clock, the time counts towards your first promotion in a year, and you are eligible for the extra pay 'overtime' (BPAPRA)

Shouldn't be an issue, but every once in a while people will be removed from training due to unfavorable findings.

honor first

Comment

Anybody from this class get an academy date? I applied to this class almost a year ago, and I am still in the process. However, I don't think I ever received anything about a starting date. I am still pending background and a drug test.

Comment

• Mf821
                        Mf821 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same thing with me, everything flew by initially and then just came to a stop when it came to BI and drug test. From Application to polygraph complete (never applied before so no steps completed when I applied) was only 4 months.

• OCN_1
                        OCN_1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I got the offer back in December, academy date for February. Ended up going with another agency instead. Could just be that your process is moving super slowly

Originally posted by MaddenKing View Post
                      Anybody from this class get an academy date? I applied to this class almost a year ago, and I am still in the process. However, I don't think I ever received anything about a starting date. I am still pending background and a drug test.
                      The 17-9 isn't a class number. It is just the identifying number for that oartiparti vacancy. There's no correlation between the announcement number you apply for and what class you get sent to. For example, class numbers are somewhere in the 1100s I think now.

honor first

Comment

I'm from 17-10 and my academy starts next week.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakoBoats View Post
                          I'm from 17-10 and my academy starts next week.
                          Congrats, what station? Hope youre ready to run. Plus going there during the summer, but also able to experience the bitter cold in the winter. But that way in 10 years you can gripe to the trainees how you were there when there was snow on the ground and when it was 105. Congrats, embrace the suck. Best time of your life, and you will make friends that will be your BFFs for life.

honor first

Comment

Does anyone know if you can elect a provisional clearance after your BI has started?

Comment

• OCN_1
                              OCN_1 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You can opt for provisional

• Mf821
                              Mf821 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Last time I sent it in with my EQIP I selected to not go under a provisional as I was waiting to hear back on another position. Now I'm wondering if I can change that.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5760 users online. 204 members and 5556 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X