300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Hello everyone I applied to the 2017 announcement and saw there was no thread for it yet. I have not received an email or anything since applying but it’s only been a month and half since the opening.

I hope interviews are soon and not next year.

Comment

I am waiting on results from the online exam. Last time I passed but didn't have my degree in hand yet so they told me no way.
      ATF IOI Applicant
      Apply May 2017
      Panel Interview August 2017
      Fedex Package September 2017
      SF86 E-QIP September 2017
      E-QIP sent October 2017
      ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
      Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
      Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

DEA DI Applicant
      Apply March 2017
      Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
      interview for November 2017.
      Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

Comment

Historically speaking, do non-Vets have a shot?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          If your a federal employee covered under 6c you have a good shot. For this last announcement federal employees are non-competive and compete against each other. Announcements for all U.S citizens favors disabled and regular veterans and right fully so.

Thanks. 2 years BOP and a bachelors degree. Nothing spectacular but at least it allowed me to throw my name in the hat.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Marshals hire a lot from the BOP due to them knowing how to handle inmates. Not everyone can do it.

Did this already close?

Comment

y
          Originally posted by doe8 View Post
          Did this already close?
          yeah its been closed almost a month now

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
            Thanks. 2 years BOP and a bachelors degree. Nothing spectacular but at least it allowed me to throw my name in the hat.
            Same boat. 3 years BOP, but im counting on my 7 years State LEO exp, with my service connected rating to help me squeak through.

Comment

I'll ask it...any intel on the recent grad announcement that was talked about in the 2016 thread? Someone shared what appeared to be an email outlining a recent grad announcement coming in winter 2017. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Threw my name in the hat as well, and will be applying for the recent grads posting when it comes out too.

Comment

So quick question. I am a current Active Duty Army Bomb technician. 8 years experience, combat tour to Afghanistan, Purple Heart, more advanced weapons/shooting /breaching schools than I can count. Have half my degree conpleted. Top secret clearance Anyone possibly know if I'm even a contender? I applied. And getting out of the service next year. Just curious to any info out there.
                  Last edited by STHeckEOD; 10-25-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
                    C/ONWA1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It’s going to be tuff for the simple fact that you are not a federal employee. Federal employees are non-competitive for this last announcement and only compete against each other.

• Safe2Semi
                    Safe2Semi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are definitely considered a federal employee for this announcement. Also, wouldn't matter anyway because you qualified under the VEOA, even though you aren't separated yet.

BTW I am also a tech. Techs are in high demand. You have a greater shot at any federal law enforcement agency than anyone else applying.

• Bomb_Tech
                    Bomb_Tech commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm recently retired EOD and I applied to the last announcement when I was a fed LEO (Local LEO now) and I got as far as the interview. A fellow ex-EOD guy with the same credentials as I did got to the end and wasn't selected for some reason. The EOD part didn't help per se, it was the degree, LE experience, vet preference, and having investigative experience on your resume. So if you have been to FBI/ATF post blast school, clandestine lab course, SSE courses etc also help.

• DJDeceptakon
                    DJDeceptakon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As it comes to degrees, most if not all 1811 positions want a minimum bachelors degrees. SO my $.02 use that awesome GI Bill $$$ and finish that degree and apply.
                    Last edited by DJDeceptakon; 11-19-2017, 04:09 PM.

Wish I would’ve seen the hiring announcement for USMS. I’ve been checking usajobs weekly waiting for both ATF, DEA and USMS to post a hiring announcement. Must’ve just missed the last one unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by OCN_1 View Post
                    Wish I would’ve seen the hiring announcement for USMS. I’ve been checking usajobs weekly waiting for both ATF, DEA and USMS to post a hiring announcement. Must’ve just missed the last one unfortunately
                    Weekly???? Might want to try every night at 12 am EST.

Comment

Haha weekly as in I normally check Monday morning, Wednesday, and Saturday. I guess I just haven’t been checking around the right times or as frequent as I should have. Are new listings dropped at 12am EST normally?

Comment

Originally posted by OCN_1 View Post
                        Both DEA and ATF went to schedule B hiring. You will want to contact a recruiter from these two agencies if you want to apply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11059 users online. 453 members and 10606 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X