Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So were these locations emails for both classes in September or just the Sept 11 class? Any have any info, rumors, cooler talk?

Comment

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      2 Classes in Sep, 1 in October, and 1 in December from what I’ve been told. One of the DUSMs on here could probably confirm. We are eligible through the October class, after that I have no idea.

• Njw85
      Njw85 commented
      Editing a comment
      CPK,

I heard the other day that there is two classes in December. Will they be keeping you 2017 applicants after Sept??

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely possible, I know of classes in both of those months but my contact didn’t specify how many. FWIW I know we’re being kept until at least the October class but I’m not sure after that.

• Well, just got a third locations email with much less options...maybe third times a charm??

Comment

• Checkmate
      Checkmate commented
      Editing a comment
      How do the locations emails work? They offer you a few choices, and you rank them? Or you pick one?

• Tommyjd78
      Tommyjd78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Another list of locations. Third list in about a month.

• Raven03
      Raven03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Checkmate Yes, there are multiple choices on them and you can choose one, some, all or whatever you would accept as your duty location.

• Just got the locations email

Comment

• Tommyjd78
      Tommyjd78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup another locations email. What gives!

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Who knows man but I selected the entire west coast and many others on the list.

• Tommyjd78
      Tommyjd78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully we can get into a Sept class. I also selected several west coast, south, and eastern. If we are to make a Sept class I think we should hear something in the next two weeks. Fingers crossed.

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we got a good chance on making either one of the two academies in September. I doubt we will get skipped twice.

• Has anyone heard about the deputy us marshal position getting approved to Gs-13?

Comment

• SuccessfulVibes
      SuccessfulVibes commented
      Editing a comment
      Raven03 when you conducted your FIT Test, was it the absolute bench press version or the former reinstated version of push up, sit up, reach, 1.5 mile run? Also, is it pass/fail? If fail, chance to re-take or fail....game over?

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      The USMS went back to the old standards for the FIT.

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sit & reach is the devil...

• Raven03
      Raven03 commented
      Editing a comment
      SuccessfulVibes Yeah, they went back to the old standards which is push-ups, sit-ups, run, and sit and reach. I posted this in response to your question on the other forum too but ill copy and paste it here in case you missed my response there.

"When I took mine the Deputy told me that the one you take before FLETC can only be taken one time, so yeah its a pass or fail situation. Once you get to FLETC if you fail any portion of the FIT the first time you will have the opportunity to take it again, however you have to retake the entire test (push-ups, run, etc.) even if you just fail one part."

• I just got a tentative phone call offer from Hr and was told it was not the official final offer and that it would come soon within 30 days for September academy

Comment

• Tommyjd78
      Tommyjd78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they give you an informal verbal offer?

• The call finally came in......application submitted august 2017, two fit test, and 6 location letters later. They must of scrapped the barrel to select a guy like me....lol
    Last edited by mikemcq15; 08-02-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
      It's been difficult to watch everybody go, not because I'm envious in a bad way, but because it has been a roller coaster on my end (and all of us I'm sure)...but it feels good to read your post, even if I don't get the call (for whatever reason), I'll live it vicariously.

Good luck to all in the process.

• Who has gotten the call and email for sept.11 class so far?

Comment

• airguard83
      airguard83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last Friday for me. (July 26th). For Sep class.

• mikemcq15
      mikemcq15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a call last afternoon at COB, But they where unsure on which date, don’t worry Vibes, I’m 35 and been doing okay. I’m also a 60% va veteran. So my body is going to love it. I have been training for well over two years though, mostly running. Also there are only a few strict requirements for physical standards in the academy. Long runs are not one of them, but you will get chewed out if you fall out. I’ve been chew out before....

• SuccessfulVibes
      SuccessfulVibes commented
      Editing a comment
      mikemcq15 I'm going to be honest brother, my FIT test is forthcoming and I'm not 1000% sure that I'll pass, but either way, it has been a pleasure joining you all in the almost and newly hired conversation;

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you've gotten the verbal offer for the 9/11 class, PM me your email and I'll send you an invite on Hangouts. FOs should be coming out in the next few days.

• Email requesting pre-employment documents. I’m a fish on he hook just waiting to be reeled in, at this point it’s almost animal cruelty

Comment

• mikemcq15
      mikemcq15 commented
      Editing a comment
      1984!........

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      1982, meaning my old *** is 37.

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 35 in sept...

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the last few classes had someone that was darn near, if not, 50.

• Yep I’m 36

Comment

• Im 32 and I thought I was going to be the older one in class.
      Attached Files

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        31 and I think I’ll be one of the young pups... wth?!?

• Gents,

What's up fellas? I just joined the group and am one of the guys slotted for the Sept. 11 academy. I wanted to reach out since I saw someone talking about making a Google Hangouts group to stay in touch before the academy. I too am getting up there in age...35

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah boss. PM me your email

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wanna add me too? Tentative 9/11 here

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Shoot me your email

• Has anyone received a verbal/final offer prior to taking the urinalysis screening? Completed mine within the past week and hoping there’s still time.

Comment

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        No....you gotta be further along. I didn’t hear **** for 4 months after my **** test.

• Smat
        Smat commented
        Editing a comment
        Darn. Was hoping to get in the old geezer class. Turning 36 by the end of the year...

• airguard83
        airguard83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, the old geezer class. Lol.

Really hoping to hear something final by Friday. I’ve got drill this weekend and I need to tell my leadership I’m about to miss six months.

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Btw I have no idea what I’m talking about...that was just my experience. Who knows with this process

• I just got contacted to take an additional urinalysis screening. Has this happened to anyone?

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I had to do it again lol. I explained that I had already too. Oh well

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only when they suspect something! Kidding. They thought I hadn't completed my FIT but I had about 7 days prior. They simply had to look around.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol maybe! I’m happy to take a test whenever if I could just get an offer lol. Still waiting to take my FIT.

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        YOUR UA and medical expire after a certain period of time.

• I'm 38 by time I get to a citp/bdusm ill be 39

Comment

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally someone close to me!

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        I plan on bringing the ‘dad bod’ to the academy. Show them young whipper snappers how the belly can assist with push ups! One tubby tubby...!

• I'm starting to wonder if all of the calls have went out already for the verbal offers for the Sept class. I got a call from an HR office (from one of the locations on the list) and they just wanted to know my current employers contact information, but have heard nothing since. It's killllllling me.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get a verbal offer?

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good. Local offices are allowed to check your references.

• Camelbak
        Camelbak commented
        Editing a comment
        I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. I got a call from HR at my local office. They said they got the green light to fast track my background (whatever that means). Then they asked for some references. A few days later some of my references let me know that they were indeed contacted. I haven't heard anything since, but I take that as a good sign.

• Raven03
        Raven03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tommyjd78 No, they just called to get my current supervisor's contact info.

Vox Populous It's at least something but I really hope I hear something from it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9728 users online. 477 members and 9251 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X