300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themoj0 View Post

Funny you said that. The test is ambiguous at best. Taken MANY of them over the years, took one for my Ohio Hwy patrol career, took one for my high end commercial security job before that, took one to get the federal LEO career I have now....never had an issue. Nothing wrong with my comment at all. My comment was meant to show that I am not all broken up over a test that's not a test. I am in no way worried about my values, solid work ethic, selflessness, and many other valuable traits that I have gained in my 45 years( including 19 years of service to this country).
    Sorry you didn't like it.
    Battlewagon stated that because you are showing a lack of humility. Listen, you are probably very well qualified for LE positions, but when you go and type up your values, quals, and ranking the Marshals as 3rd on your list of potentials, it doesn't put your posts in a positive light.

Comment

Originally posted by Levithane View Post

Battlewagon stated that because you are showing a lack of humility. Listen, you are probably very well qualified for LE positions, but when you go and type up your values, quals, and ranking the Marshals as 3rd on your list of potentials, it doesn't put your posts in a positive light.
      Only did that to defend myself. Attack my character, ill do what I have to too defend it.
      Anyone who applies for multiple positions has a fav - least fav list. I have no problem saying mine

Comment

It's the internet, who cares what someone else says. The last thing I'll say is that the agencies, Marshals included, observe these boards. It is not very hard to cross check the background info you have on your profile here to what is on your application you provide to them. It is in everyones best interest to be mindful of what they post.

Comment

It's the internet, who cares what someone else says. The last thing I'll say is that the agencies, Marshals included, observe these boards. It is not very hard to cross check the background info you have on your profile here to what is on your application you provide to them. It is in everyones best interest to be mindful of what they post.
          So you are implying that I made statements about my history that are untrue? No other reason for you to have said that.....
          What is it about people that make them so jealous about others accomplishments, or things they have done in life?
          I barley scratched the surface...
          Or is it..you think you are doing the internet some kind of 'favor" by "policing" users and what they "claim" to have worked and had training in?
          I don't get it. ::smh::
          But you are 100% right. In reality, I don't give a S%&*T what anyone on here thinks..And some people lie through their noses...
          I just cant help but respond, as it intrigues me why others are SOO quick to judge, having so much wisdom in their 24 years of life
          Last edited by themoj0; 11-24-2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by themoj0 View Post

So you are implying that I made statements about my history that are untrue? No other reason for you to have said that.....
            What is it about people that make them so jealous about others accomplishments, or things they have done in life?
            I barley scratched the surface...
            Or is it..you think you are doing the internet some kind of 'favor" by "policing" users and what they "claim" to have worked and had training in?
            I don't get it. ::smh::
            But you are 100% right. In reality, I don't give a S%&*T what anyone on here thinks..And some people lie through their noses...
            I just cant help but respond, as it intrigues me why others are SOO quick to judge, having so much wisdom in their 24 years of life
            Where in my post did I suggest statements about your history are untrue? My point about being mindful of what you post on here is that agencies can figure out quite easily which candidate the profile belongs to. IE if your conduct is questionable on an internet forum, what kind of person are they going to be working for this agency? USPIS for example is very aware of this forum, in fact one person I tested with told me they were questioned if they were the person who disclosed certain info on here.

Example "Hey this candidate did 13 years in the military, fire arms instructor, and Florida state police ERT". "Oh I just happen to find a profile on forum officer with a profile who has that same information, lets go through his posts to get an idea of how they communicate on the internet".
            Last edited by Levithane; 11-24-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

It is not very hard to cross check the background info you have on your profile here to what is on your application you provide to them
              That reference. And you ARE correct...Its just like...
              im so sick of the childish BS ( no ref to you)
              I had to deal with that during my first few months on the job here. Some dude started a rumor that I made up the story that I was former Ohio Hwy Patrol.
              ??? Why would I do that?
              Something like that is easily researched these days...bu people love dirty laundry..so I basically had to show people academy pics and a pic of my7 commission just to stop the rumors. ironically, he used to be an Illinois state trooper, for like 1 year, and was fired for misconduct.
              so I figure he was a jealous B$%^h.

I agree with you on what you replied above though.

Comment

That wasn't the intention of my post to say you are being untruthful. It was intended to further the point that agencies compare what is on your profile on here to your application packet, to figure out who the profile belongs to.

Comment

so weird i got the email requesting the interview dates and locations but no one has responded back to me yet

Comment

The USMS management is very aware of this forum message board, so take that FWIW.

Comment

• I missed this announcement also. Was it for status candidates or open to all citizens?

Comment

• Will be interviewing next week. Excited for the opportunity. Interesting behavior on the forums from potential FLEO applicants...

Comment

• I got the referral email and the interview request email last week. I responded back within a half hour and haven’t heard anything yet. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• airborne1
                          airborne1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’m also on the same boat.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yep same here. Requested Arlington

• JohnnyUtah1989
                          JohnnyUtah1989 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It seems like the majority of folks are choosing Arlington. If it’s already filled, will they allow us to choose a different location?

• Grizzly8
                          Grizzly8 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Call received for interview in Arlington. Keep your ears open.

• Same here sent a reply for Arlington

Comment

• I replied requesting Denver. Got a call from USMS HR with a date and time. Just waiting on an email to confirm with more details.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                            Editing a comment
                            g-d forbid it is "filled" I don't think they will just toss us to the side you know. I think they have to accommodate interviews for us since we were referred.

• NWcountry31
                            NWcountry31 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Replied requesting Dallas within 30 min. Same night received a phone call with date/time, waiting for email with location/instructions this week.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                            Editing a comment
                            just got called for Arlington

• NWcountry31
                            NWcountry31 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just received email from HR USMS on date/time/location instructions with forms to fill out and send back.

• Got the call with date and time. Waiting on the email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4921 users online. 199 members and 4722 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X