Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone received a phone call from a field office this week for their phone interview from the most recent locations list?

Comment

Editing a comment
      I think AZdeputy84 was one of the guys that got phone calls from a place(NY) that he hadn't listed, he'll have to confirm.

• Tommyjd78
      Tommyjd78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Juey14 you mentioned that you got calls before from offices in your top 2. You didn't accept those spots?

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Avatar311....correct, I got the call from Manhattan which I never listed. Had to decline, just got lucky enough to get a second call and location.

• Juey14
      Juey14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tommy I never got the final offers unfortunately. They gave them to other people. I never got the HQ call, just the field offices call.

• Yeah man that’s awesome

Comment

• So for this FIT test are they still doing the one max bench press/ 1.5 mile run, Illinois agility run or are they doing the old pt test prior to going to FLETC?

Comment

Editing a comment
        No, now it is max pull ups, rope climb (2x), O-course, 1.5 mile run with rucksack..

Editing a comment
        JK, they changed it back to max push ups/sit up in one mike, sit and reach and 1.5 mile run

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha!!!

• Juey14
        Juey14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahahah avatar

• I hope that they are not still making us do this at FLETC

Comment

Editing a comment
        awesome, I hope I get the chance to experience that! I will try to think "I can't believe that I get paid to get smoked and other people pay to get smoked!"

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same...Basic, State/local, and FLETC. There wasn’t a BDUSM Class when I was there though. It’ll be a pleasant surprise to me, lol.

• Applicant413
        Applicant413 commented
        Editing a comment
        CPK_MLE lmfao glad other agencies recognized our pain.

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not going to lie, I would yelled at for smiling during PT.

They would be like, "We'll see if your smiling two hours from now."

But, I was like: "This is great. I'm just happy to be here." LOL

• Hahahaha yeah guys I'm right there with you. This time I went nationwide on my list to increase my chances. If they really have 96 slots and I don't get picked up, then it's not meant to be.
      Last edited by avatar311; 07-14-2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Verde123
        Verde123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. If its not meant to be its not meant to be. Im worried about not getting a slot because my medical is expired. I got the locations, and good news email, then Friday afternoon they sent me a medical update due by the 26th.. I returned it same day but the medical office near my location was a month behind this time last year. Even if I get a quick turn around. they got to clear me and do the fit on me in August.

All I want is a shot at the job. I hadn't even got a call from a field office yet..

Editing a comment
        Verde123, I'm going to venture and say not to worry about medical because it is a "self-certification" form and you do not need to see anyone (FOH, your doctor, etc) in order to complete it (unless you did have some medical issue to update them on, then that is a different story). last go around, I was happy to be among the first group to take the PT test and never heard back, some folks didn't do fit until weeks later and got offers right after. At least one person had an offer prior to taking fit and one other person posted "I barely passed" and also got an offer. So what I'm taking from it is that if they really want you, you will get a call no matter what. Otherwise, I will know what it is like to have first round draft hopes and then end up going undrafted

• Verde123
        Verde123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sign me up as a free agent!

Thanks for clarifying. I thought we had to at least see a nurse for the update. no changes health wise. (other than my BP when they send me an email) Im ready for the PT test. max pull ups and O-Course and all.

Editing a comment
        Lmao!!! Let the waiting begin

• who is scheduled to take FIT this week?

Comment

Editing a comment
        Talk about taking the bull by the horn. I'm about to take your idea and use it for getting an offer.: Call (or show up) the office that most appeals to me and introduce myself lol

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny you should mention that...

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you call a local office to schedule a FIT how do you know it will get communicated to the hiring office?

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t “know” anything, and may have to take it again. But my local office gave it to me last time, and should still have the contact info that they used 3 months ago.

• I know you will not get contacted saying that you passed after every step but do they notify you when your medical clears? I had to send more Info to them.

Comment

Editing a comment
        Someone on another forum (2018 announcement) said that he was contacted about medical status (after completion) but that's the first, and probably only, that I remember...they usually don't contact you EXCEPT for medical update forms (when your medical clearance has lapsed). The only "tell" that your medical has cleared, to my knowledge, is that you get called for fit.

• Verde123
        Verde123 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical was expired on the 11th. They sent me an email on the Friday afternoon on the12th (medical update form) and got back to me on the 16th saying that Ive been cleared and to look for future emails in the hiring process. So im like "Cool". Now its just a waiting game for the local office to contact me and get me to schedule the FIT. I got 3 emails last week. Compared to only 3 emails I received in the past 7 months, Id say that's a sign they are moving "quickly"

• Sept.11 boys and girls....keep an eye on those phones and emails...

Comment

• Juey14
        Juey14 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m jealous AZ. Hopefully my time will come

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Only took 2.5 years! Your time will come. And until I step foot on FLETC I don’t count it.

• Juey14
        Juey14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell yeah man. 2.5 years has been a long time coming.

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        AZ was that August class the other September class? Or are two September classes are scheduled as well?

• Just pass my FIT. Now back to the waiting game.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same. Done stressing. This is (from what I hear) the last chance for this application. It’ll happen or it won’t, but I’ve passed everything asked of me. Out of my hands now.

Editing a comment
        Awesome!! We need more folks to take test so we can start getting some calls. Heck, even if I don't get a call ,I'll be happy to see the 2017 cert be used up

• My second time taking it. I had another person with me that also pass. Few more weeks we will all know what will happen. Best of luck to everyone

Comment

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        You took it in BK?

• Brooklyn28
        Brooklyn28 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took it in Florida

• How often are you all running?

Comment

Editing a comment
        Over last three weeks: a total of 4 miles/5 times, so not a lot..but I'm about to try 5 miles, or longer, at least once a week and at least 4 times/week of high intensity (as if you were getting smoked by your favorite SGT) workout combined with weight lifting back to back.

We can't get hurt prior to academy so I figured that 1×long distance/once a week wont let me forget how boring it can be and doing HIT is what is best for LE anyway (if poop hits the fan, HIT is where is it at).

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been doing 5-6 day/week workouts for awhile now trying to be prepared for *possibly* getting into the marshals. Alternating full body 5x5s weight days and ~1hr abs/pushups with cardio days (at least one long run ~6 miles and some HIT worked in on treadmill and asphalt). Started from being pretty out of shape and am now not worried about the PT test or FLETC... so its a lot of work but worth it.

avatar311 made a really good point: Don't hurt yourselves - especially the week prior to going to FLETC!

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        I lift heavy with super sets three days a week, run 3 days a week. Nothing crazy, I got superior on everything but the run. I’m not worried about pt, just trying to stay healthy so I can actually make it to FLETC. We have all of cipt to get dialed in.

• Is The September 11th class the last one for the fiscal year?

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        There should also be a class starting on or about September 25th.

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ATG1729

• Verde123
        Verde123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not all heroes wear capes ATG1729 but that information is a heroes answer!

Wednesday Sept 11, 2019 55 days
        Wednesday Sept 25, 2019 69 days

The Countdown begins!!

• - Deleted -
      Last edited by Twolfe1982; 07-17-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        - Deleted -
        Last edited by Twolfe1982; 07-17-2019, 11:40 PM.

• Dakuda
        Dakuda commented
        Editing a comment
        -deleted -
        Last edited by Dakuda; 07-18-2019, 09:52 AM.

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang, what happened here?

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was nothing bro. I asked a question and realized that it was just encouraging guys to ask specifics about my FIT test and scores. I’m not super comfortable posting that (not trying to be a litmus test), so decided that the question wasn’t that important.

• Just got called for the FIT test! Taking it today.

Comment

• futureFLEO
        futureFLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! Hopefully that means others will hear soon!

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, great news! You 2017 applicants need to hurry it up so that HR can get to us lowly '18 applicants!

• NWcountry31
        NWcountry31 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Woohoo

• Juey14
        Juey14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good deal man

• Knocked out the FIT test

Superiors on: push up and sit up

Excellent on run and sit and reach

Hopefully I get a field office next!

Comment

Editing a comment
        I have never received the mystical FIT standards, do you mind sending me (PM) the standards for youngest age group?

man, it is feels like DEJAVU (from last time) watching people take FIT and hoping that more people take it so that they start offer process already!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12460 users online. 432 members and 12028 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X