Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who received the email saying you are eligible for the July 17 class, have any of you heard anything? July 17 is right around the corner.

Comment

• ltbradshaw
      ltbradshaw commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we have. The class is full to my knowledge.

• COPrime86
      COPrime86 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Itbradshaw is correct. Class is full to my knowledge as well. We check-in to FLETC the 16th.

• Mac19831337
      Mac19831337 commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you know the class is full? Just curious.

• Do you all think the next round will go like it did for the July class?

Get notified to take the FIT, wait about a month, and then get a locations email?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, most likely.

• northend13
      northend13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like that’ll be cutting it close.

• Originally posted by COPrime86 View Post
    @Itbradshaw is correct. Class is full to my knowledge as well. We check-in to FLETC the 16th.
    When did you get the official offer?

Comment

• COPrime86
      COPrime86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beginning of June.

• Originally posted by COPrime86 View Post
    Beginning of June.
    What duty station did they give you?

Comment

• I see movement!! Check your emails gents!!

Comment

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastic list! Kind of happy I didn’t get picked up on the last go around!

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty decent list of options

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got both emails too

• I give up

Comment

Editing a comment
        Not everyone got the good news email at the same time, last time. One person didnt even get news/location/fit email and got an offer/then FIT/then FO. So YMMV.

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep in mind there are 2 classes slated for September. That’s a lot of slots to fill. Likely more lists to come.

• Well boys and girls...after turning down the location and first offer from the last class. I got the good news email today. Literally minutes later got a phone call asking if I’d accept a location on short notice and go to the August class. I said hell yeah (it’s the city I currently live in) he said to stand by and not put my two weeks in just yet. I would get a call by the end of this week with the official. See y’all in August!

Comment

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats that’s awesome!

• beauonly
        beauonly commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, sounds like your stars aligned today! Congrats!

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man!

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!

• Originally posted by AZdeputy84 View Post
      Well boys and girls...after turning down the location and first offer from the last class. I got the good news email today. Literally minutes later got a phone call asking if I’d accept a location on short notice and go to the August class. I said hell yeah (it’s the city I currently live in) he said to stand by and not put my two weeks in just yet. I would get a call by the end of this week with the official. See y’all in August!
      Wait... August class? Does that mean there are classes in August AND September?

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Guessing he meant July

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I meant August start date....
        Last edited by AZdeputy84; 07-10-2019, 03:50 PM.

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hhhmmmm. Did they give an exact date?

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        August 5-6....but was told he would call later this week with everything official.

• Got the email today to get ready for the fit and the locations list. So happy things are moving again!

Comment

• Anyone been to fletc recently? Is it still 1811 school (16.5 weeks?) then the marshals for a few weeks(6)?

Comment

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m buying a lotto ticket, got the call and verbal offer today and the 1000 post!

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! Post 1000!

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          3 months CITP then about 8 weeks of BDUSM.

• airborne1
          airborne1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can’t forget about good ol Pre-BDUSM the first few days before CITP.

• Morning gents! Can anyone with HR’s phone number PM me? I need to get in contact, thanks.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have the USMS Exam.gov email? Thats who I send all my questions to.

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The DUSM.exam? I’m trying to skip the generic emails.

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          I emailed them several times and always received a response. That email is pretty specific to all hiring items. They gave me updates on my medical and BI. Also told me they would be sending a locations email soon and bam; it came the next day. Not sure which other email is even out there for hiring items.

• I got both emails. I emailed back with the locations. Hopefully I get s phone call from one of them.

Comment

• Verde123
          Verde123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Id say those are some damn good locations. real happy one is close to home and several close to family. At this point however ill take whatever they give me ive got flyer miles. haha!.. If its anything like April Ill get a last minute call for the PT test next week.

• V1PER
          V1PER commented
          Editing a comment
          Could one of you guys post a screenshot of the wish list?

• Anyone trying to get to NJ?

Comment

• Sheepdog6
          Sheepdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would love to get NJ ..

Editing a comment
          yes, my experience, and that of others, has been that you get scheduled through a phone call

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll literally take anywhere.

Editing a comment
          Me too. This time I sent back EVERY location....not playing around.
          Last edited by avatar311; 07-13-2019, 05:23 AM.

• Received both the location/good news email on Wednesday within hour from reach other. Next day I got the call to do my fit.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the location and good news email one and the same? Just trying to figure out if the good news email is the final offer. Nothing in any of my locations email said “good news”.
          Last edited by Tommyjd78; 07-13-2019, 01:54 AM.

• Brooklyn28
          Brooklyn28 commented
          Editing a comment
          The good news email just states that you are an active applicant for the upcoming BDUSM class and there will be a FIT test coming soon. The location email states you are eligible for the upcoming classes and all the locations that are currently open.

Editing a comment
          one of the two emails reads "Dear DUSM Applicant, Good News!"

• hey Im a little late to this thread.. I didn't know it existed .. Can someone update me on what the process is and what I can expect? right now I've completed my interview in DC, drug test, and medical screen... I have to wait for the FOH psych doc to clear me -- as they wanted me to get a second opinion from my civilian doc to evaluate me and clear me for USMS duty. ... but I should be good to go. I was told I should be hearing back from USMS by next week.. what comes after that the medical process has been complete? I read above that people are getting emails about "locations". ??? does that mean that the USMS makes an offer of location before you're even hired /trained? Also, has anyone done the background here, that could tell me what to expect? Thanks so much.. sorry for falling behind all this.. I had no idea this thread was out there !

Comment

• Sheepdog6
          Sheepdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Roninjin Thanks! I appreciate the clarification.. Well, in a way, yes, I did have a clearance, as I was an Army Captain. And I'm pretty sure that my clearance was secret as a commissioned officer. However, I retired after being wounded in combat in 2013- so I'm uncertain how ling the clearances will last after being released from active duty. I've heard its up to ten years from the last time you were surveyed.. That would have been 2007 for me , possibly 2008.. So if that's that case, there's a slight chance they would use that clearance, but I doubt it. As far as an "interim". does that mean they would send me to the academy without being BI'd? - like until they can get to it? Thanks ! you guys have been so helpful. Ive been wondering all these things for months!

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received location options this week and sent back my preferences for the September class. Just need to update and retake my FIT and wait for phone interviews for locations. Fingers crossed for final offer in the next month or so.

• Sheepdog6
          Sheepdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice ! congrats ! and best wishes to you ATG1729

• Roninjin
          Roninjin commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheepdog6, I have seen guys entering the academy without meeting their investigator, but they did advised starting the eqip and someone had contacted their references. So it’s fair to assessed they were issued an interim. DEA also issued applicants interim clearance as well. Just don’t be too heart broken if you didn’t make the roll call for Sept

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10013 users online. 343 members and 9670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X