Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...licked my wounds, done being down now!

So it’s likely I won’t be in July. Maybe September would be better!
    I’d miss Christmas and my kid’s birthday, but I’d get the whole summer.
    I’d miss that miserable GA heat!
    May get a closer offer!
    I’d get more OT at work!
    Plus, more time to prepare...they can’t smoke a rock!

I can handle September, but please don’t hurt me again, USMS!

Comment

• Juey14
      Juey14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen brother!

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      why wont you be in July? all the offers already went out?

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just making an assumption, based on the number of locations sent, the number of folks on here getting the HR call, where those calls have come from, and my own experience. Playing a numbers game, and being more realistic than optimistic. I’ll be optimistic about September (because that’s likely my last shot), and prepare for the chance...should I get one!

Editing a comment
      Twolfe1982, I share exactly the same sentiment. Plus one can't help but bet that there will be even more locations available on the next round. I rather would go sooner, but we are just along for the ride at this point.

• Does anyone know if SD is still available?

Comment

• Vox Populous , Is the July class fully filled? Just got my BI cleared a month ago and just need to update my fit test everything else is done.

Comment

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure. DROs get updates via a share point... not much better than what the public gets.

I do know they plan to have two September classes.

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Vox.

• What locations are you all being offered?

Comment

• I will say this. I was upset about missing the June class back in 2017 due to them taking forever with my BI, but it worked out. I got the District of Maryland for the August class. Now, I am so, so, so grateful it worked out the way it did. We literally won best District in the country.

Comment

• Blueghostman
          Blueghostman commented
          Editing a comment
          So there is a class in August now, along with July and two in September?

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          In August of 2017, yes.

• CamTwin2017
          CamTwin2017 commented
          Editing a comment
          What class are you from? I graduated in April and went to that district.

• V1PER
          V1PER commented
          Editing a comment
          Yoo CamTwin, we graduated together Lol. It’s Ant. Save me a spot in Maryland once we are eligible for OPREF haha

• No. There is a July class and two classes scheduled for September.

Comment

• To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice and to their families who suffer their loss... may we never forget you.

Comment

• **deleted**
            Last edited by Tx21; 05-27-2019, 10:25 AM. Reason: because people got pissed \•/

Comment

• Deadpker
              Deadpker commented
              Editing a comment
              Posting the same exact question, on the same forum, on four different USMS threads is completely unnecessary. See my answer in the 2018 RG thread.

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha I guess you cant post on multiple threads to increase your chances of getting an accurate answer. Since every question is not answered on each thread I would say do what you have to get an answer. Search function on this works to some extent but isn't the best. I would say patrolling the forum is unnecessary.

• Has anyone received offers for the July after getting the good news email and sending your wish list?

Comment

Editing a comment
              Yeah man, like 90% of the people that took the fit. That's what it seems like anyway. Tell me the secret of how you have managed not to check the forum in the last two weeks? I'm asking so I can do the same lol

• Originally posted by avatar311 View Post
            Yeah man, like 90% of the people that took the fit. That's what it seems like anyway. Tell me the secret of how you have managed not to check the forum in the last two weeks? I'm asking so I can do the same lol
            I took the FIT on 5/13/19 and I still haven't heard anything back. Hopefully I'll hear something this week.

Comment

• ATG1729
              ATG1729 commented
              Editing a comment
              I took it 4/19 and haven’t heard a thing...

Editing a comment
              There was at least one applicant here who didn't get location list but did get an offer, so you could get an offer still but the chances get slimmer as the days pass on.
              Last edited by avatar311; 05-28-2019, 09:55 AM.

• ATG1729
              ATG1729 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the reminder

Editing a comment
              Lol. We are in the same boat...all we can do is stay ready.

• I'm sure whomever received the good news email saying you are eligible for a July class is probably for a good reason. I'm sure as the 30 day window gets closer we will hear something from the location we are going to.

Comment

• Anyone have any good news or new info they can share? I’m trying to stay positive here. Lol

Comment

• Juey14
                Juey14 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not a thing

• Guys final offers will prob go out next two weeks (according to what someone one here was told by HR) so I would think that they have their class filled up by now and the only way one of us gets an offer is if we are listed as back-ups to someone that can't made the academy for whatever reason (they take other job offer, get hurt, etc).

I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic. So we should set our sights on the next PT test call. Maybe 3rd time (taking PT test) will be the charm for me.
              Last edited by avatar311; 05-30-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
                Well you know what they say about asking people to put things in writing....

So from what I've seen in the past, everyone is waiting for the final offer, in writing. All they have now is a verbal offer, a check waiting to be deposited.

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                My buddy that works at the local FO stated today they were still seating for July. Can you confirm Vox Populous?

• northend13
                northend13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Of the people on here that got the locations emails and haven’t gotten an offer yet. Did you choose all the locations offered? I did. Might not be anything to it, I’m just looking for commonalities.

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                July class is still not completely full.

• northend13
              I chose everything but D.C. Figured that’d be the first to go, and I think that they have a D.C./PR only process going. Was a strategic move thinking that it’d get me an offer faster. It didn’t. 0/16 on the others (1 interview though).

Comment

• northend13
                northend13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well I don’t think anyone can go wrong by making themselves available for as many locations as possible. And finding out that there are still empty seats in the July class boosted my optimism. I believe we’re going to hear something soon.

• Raven03
                Raven03 commented
                Editing a comment
                I chose all locations thinking it would help my chances and I am still waiting to do the FIT test, everything else is done.

• Twolfe1982
                Twolfe1982 commented
                Editing a comment
                Already did the FIT. Don’t matter, lol. Be doing it again soon

• Juey14
                Juey14 commented
                Editing a comment
                I chose every location and passed fit. And had 2 phone interviews. Still waiting.
                Last edited by Juey14; 05-31-2019, 09:58 PM.

• Final offers are supposed to be out this week according to the HR rep I spoke with. Good luck guys!
              Last edited by Dd1906; 06-03-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10370 users online. 486 members and 9884 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X