Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the job offer from HR. Accepted for an academy in July.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man!!

• Juey14
      Juey14 commented
      Editing a comment
      PM me please

• First time posting here, but I have a quick question. Does anyone have contact info to change our contact info. I am currently on Military orders and have missed the last 2 offers as I do not have access to my .gov email, DUSM.Exam is not responding. Any help is appreciated and congrats to those getting offers.

Comment

• Anyone else been held up at Medical? Was told mine is still under review. Hoping it clears before seats are gone.

Comment

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        Any issue during medical exam? If not you should be clear to FIT.

• NWcountry31
        NWcountry31 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not at all. They asked for additional paperwork last year and said thank you, received.

• Contacted by an office today for phone interview, I’m sure an hr call will be going out soon

Comment

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man!!

• Okay, so I gotta ask...

Are these “phone interviews” more or less a formality, or are they competitive? Or is everyone on this forum just REALLY GOOD at interviewing, because I’ve not seen anyone post about interviewing and not getting an offer. Interview coming Thursday, and was told that he has “several applicants” to talk to, making me a bit concerned about securing the coveted HR call.

Valid or concern or overthinking?

Comment

• Juey14
        Juey14 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a phone interview the day after the first location batch emails came out. He said he was going to recommend me. And I did not get it. He then called me and said he did not know why HR did not give it to me, but that he recommended me. The second batch of emails came out. Then I got a phone call from another office. Their recommendations are due today. So I hope I get it. But there is no guarantee.

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha! Thanks for the info!

• Overthinking, my “interview” was very brief and nothing more than asking a few questions about resume. Used to rank their applicants for the local office

Comment

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, so despite the history based on posts here, an interview doesn’t necessarily indicate an offer. If I’m not first, I may not get the call.

• Juey14
        Juey14 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is correct twolf

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. At least I understand now!

• I'm wondering if the people who are getting phone interviews from certain offices are the offices that the most people put down as their first choice.

I could be and most likely am completely wrong but just a thought I had.

Comment

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        HR will send a list to the Marshal/Chief. They will determine if they want to interview or select off resume alone.

• northend13
        northend13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh okay, well that answers that. Thanks for the info.

• So I received an email several weeks ago stating I needed to update my medical status since I was still an active applicant and it had been a year since medical exam. I submitted update three weeks ago. A couple of weeks ago I received an email asking me to submit which locations I would like to request as duty office. I submitted the request with selected locations and just today instead of receiving a call or email about job offer I receive an email from medical saying my medical update had discrepancies and needed to be clarified so I could be cleared. I am curious why I ever received a locations email if I was not cleared because of my medical update having discrepancies. I updated and corrected the medical update and resent it today. I’m praying this means I can now qualify for a location and will now be on the list for the location I picked. Has anyone else had this issue. I am so ready for some certainty about a location and date.

Comment

• mikemcq15
        mikemcq15 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to update my medical as well and received an email today as well. Mine only stated that my “medical update was reviewed and your medical status from your pre-placement exam remains unchanged. Please continue to monitor your email and phone for further updates from the other areas of the hiring process.”

• Off both lists I’ve submitted back to HR I’ve yet to get a call for an interview so it’s safe to say that I won’t be getting picked up...

Comment

Editing a comment
        LittlefieldJC, mikemcq15, CPK_MLE, same here, just heard back on medical update. Is that what kept us from being selected? no way to tell, especially because there has been at least one applicant that has been made an offer prior to passing PT test, so it makes it seem as if the process can vary a bit from one applicant to the next.

Yes, a "positive mindset" side of me says that we have a chance for the next class, but the other side says going through the fit/selection email/wait again without even a bit of communication (hey, you weren't good enough to be selected) could be even more grueling than the first go-round. Then again, the TO does basically state that you can go through the whole process without being selected at the end, so there is also the chance that we were considered (even without the medical certification) and weren't selected.

Good luck to everyone selected and to those still waiting.
        Last edited by avatar311; 05-22-2019, 06:40 PM.

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        No medics update needed for me, just flat out not selected by any office.

• northend13
        northend13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder how many people nationwide took the FIT for this July class.

• Brooklyn28
        Brooklyn28 commented
        Editing a comment
        Took the fit on April 23. Only received the second email. Still waiting

• 2018 Recent Grad applicant here.

For those of you that have completed your background, how long did it take from when you submitted your EQIP for a BI to contact you?

It's been nearly two months since I submitted and I've heard nothing, is there an email I can contact?

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        My advice is don't contact anyone. That isn't out of the ordinary to not get contacted in 2 months regarding submission of your forms. OPM is backlogged, there's quite a few times where a background investigator won't get someones background until a year after it was submitted.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        avatar311 In order for it to transfer it would have to be an SSBI. Not sure if DOD ones would transfer, but it was indicated to me that having one through OPM would speed up the process. Source: I attended an information session.

Editing a comment
        good info, thanks,

• Deadpker
        Deadpker commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not have a current BI. I just see other people’s timelines and I notice they’re contacted usually a month after they submit their forms.

• Anyone that has been through this process know if being prescribed anti-depressants in the past and having slightly elevated BP (non-prehypertension levels) are disqualifying factors during medical? I am a 2018 applicant and just got word that my medical process is deferred until I send them additional information from my physician... I am assuming that the fact that I have a chance to provide further info is proof enough that they're not automatically disqualifying issues but I just wanted to see if anyone that's been through this has any insight.

In any case, I hope you are all making it through the last parts of your wait!

Comment

• beauonly I had to get additional clearances for my neck stemming from injuries sustained on the job in 2014+2015. Jump through the hoops to get a current clearance through the type of medical professional they require. Once they get cleared paperwork, you should be good.

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info and the reassurance!

• Did anyone else get a call from HR today?

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hahahahahaha, you are so cruel
          Last edited by avatar311; 05-23-2019, 03:43 PM.

Editing a comment
          Seriously though, you got a call?

• Juey14
          Juey14 commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re joking right?

• Dead serious. No offer it was a be patient call in response to my email asking if I was still an active applicant. I have to accept or decline another position with tomorrow with another agency.
        Last edited by AASLT101; 05-23-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Editing a comment
          In that case, one bird in the hand....

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          Take the offer and if this one comes through before you leave switch.... I knew a guy who switched in FLETC from USSS to ATF... according to him neither agency cared and all he had to do was fill out the payroll stuff and get a new ball cap lol.

• I don't post on here a lot but wanted to tell you all to keep your heads up, calls are still going out for the July Class. I got a call from HR yesterday. Prior to that I got the first location list and was not contacted. Got the second list and still no phone calls or interviews like most. I was about to give it up and hope for the September class and then was contacted by HR and told I was selected for one of my locations. So obviously they are not done filling the class!!! Good luck to you all, I hope everyone gets a call soon!

Comment

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing left to do but hope! Congratulations! You’re good people for keeping chins up though!

Editing a comment
          Congratulations! Do yourself a favor and go buy one of each lotto ticket today!

• Juey14
          Juey14 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. I hope I get a call today

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9469 users online. 297 members and 9172 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X