Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota isn't a bad place to live (easy to live as a GS-7, living very well as a GS-12 + LEAP), There are only 4 offices in the state, one in the capital and two that are close proximity to reservations (a lot of cases on reservations are automatically federal jurisdiction) so my speculation is Rapid City, Aberdeen, and Pierre.
    Last edited by Somethingwitty; 05-17-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• I would take several of those locations if I could...

Comment

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        You will find that HR is concerned with having an applicant with a clear medical, background, and FIT.

Your impressive resume doesn't mean anything to them -- at all -- unless you are willing to accept a location they are trying to fill.

On the other hand, the US Marshal and Chief will be very interested in the skills you will bring to the office, hence, you will read about applicants participating in a secondary interview with an interested office.

So don't be discouraged. There are two more classes scheduled to take place before this list is anticipated to expire.

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can totally appreciate that, no use “hiring” a candidate who will be a problem at FLETC. My concern is that everything I’ve done starts expiring soon (FIT July 5ish, Physical June, UA September), and HR has historically not been the greatest at paperwork. Leaves me feeling like September may get screwed up as well. We’ll see though, nothing I can do but stay ready!

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        Vox,

Is it possible to clear everything and never be picked up by an office?

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        First, if you also applied to the 2018 announcement, that will extend your eligibility into FY20.

Second, if the USMS has two classes scheduled for FY19, that's 96 bodies. So even if your FIT expires, you can regain eligibility in three days.

Third, if your medical expires, you need only have your doctor reclear you, which takes three days.

So while you can, theoretically, go through everything and not be selected, it is highly unlikely. Since so much money was spend on your BI, it is more likely someone from the 2018 announcement would lose their spot to you.

• Curious what all the locations offered are. Anyone care to post?

Comment

• I’ll message you
        Last edited by LittlefieldJC; 05-17-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Nothing today. Can’t help but think that July class has to be full by now (first list came out over 10 days ago). Guess more waiting until September!

Comment

• Red_Leg08
            Red_Leg08 commented
            Editing a comment
            We will get calls at the beginning of next week.

• Twolfe1982
            Twolfe1982 commented
            Editing a comment
            I LOVE your optimism brother!!

• Roninjin
            Roninjin commented
            Editing a comment
            There's two classes for Sept. As long as you did all the steps, you have a high chance of being called

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not full yet. A second round of locations were not due until Friday. My buddy couldn't take any of those spots, so you are still likely to have a chance.

• Originally posted by CPK_MLE View Post
          Vox,

Is it possible to clear everything and never be picked up by an office?
          Yes. It happens. Check the 2016 NW thread. When the cert expires, anyone who wasn’t picked up is done.

Comment

• CPK_MLE
            CPK_MLE commented
            Editing a comment
            Fantastic .....

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think anyone who did EVERYTHING to include the FIT was passed up, unless they turned down the locations offered.

Editing a comment
            I got first location list, replied with 7 of 9 locations offered (didn't pick DC, but maybe should have) have not received call or email and did not get second location list. Let's see what happens...

• (deep voice) HR…last time we talked, I said somethings that I didn’t really mean (got picky with locations), but baby I swear I do love you and will do anything to make you happy, just give me another chance (anyyyyy place, even Alaska ---- no offense, I’m just allergic to the cold) baby….

We don't even talk anymore (haven’t heard from you in a while)
          And we don't even know what we argue about
          Don't even say I love you no more
          'Cause saying how we feel is no longer allowed
          Some people will work things out (send me the 2nd location list please lol)
          And some just don't know how to change
          Let's not wait till the water runs dry (please don’t let my cert expire)
          We might watch our whole lives pass us by (getting old here)
          Let's not wait till the water runs dry
          We'll make the biggest mistake of our lives (not picking all available locations)
          Don't do it, baby
          Now, they can see the tears in our eyes, yeah (when July 16 comes around and I’m not driving to FLETC)
          But we deny the pain that lies
          Deep in our hearts
          Well maybe that's a pain we can't hide
          'Cause everybody knows that we're both torn apart
          Why do we hurt each other?
          Why do we push love away?

Comment

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate you.

Editing a comment
            Lmao who knows maybe all white sand, clear blue water location are yet to come, but I'll take my lemons now.

Comment

Editing a comment
            Lmaoooooo!

• When your background is good to go do they mention its been cleared? Or do you simply figure its clear when you receive the call for the FIT?

Comment

Editing a comment
            YMMV but no notification about background completion here, just good news email for me, seemed to be the same for at least a few other guys.

• Received an email from an office on my list to set up a phone interview for later this week.

Comment

• Got the same. Out of Office message upon reply? Feel like we may be competing for the same slot this week...

Comment

• Red_Leg08
              Red_Leg08 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's possible. I put every office available on my wish list. It's also possible to get picked up prior to the interview by another office for either of us.

• Twolfe1982
              Twolfe1982 commented
              Editing a comment
              I did too...made it clear both times that location wasn't an issue (hence, the NW posting). I was wondering if we stayed in the "pool" for other locations pending this interview. It's a nice thought believing that we do!

• Red_Leg08
              Red_Leg08 commented
              Editing a comment
              My understanding is that everything from the first location email is out. Our names have been sent to the offices of the new location email. Those offices will make selections this week. Some give interviews and some just make the choice.

• Juey14
              Juey14 commented
              Editing a comment
              Best of luck with the phone interviews!

• I am relatively new to looking into career opportunities with the USMS. I cannot find a list of disqualifiers anywhere, specifically regarding prior drug history. Does anyone know what the USMS policy is on past drug use/experimentation? Thanks.

Comment

• beauonly
              beauonly commented
              Editing a comment
              The only time drug use is mentioned, as far as I remember is during the eQIP process and the medical/UA portion. I believe the eQIP goes back 10 years and obviously if you are currently using it will show up during medical/UA... I would think that a few years clean from MJ (2-5 maybe?) and longer for the "harder" stuff is a necessity though. Maybe some of the others here will have more insight though.

Just like with everything else in the federal hiring process the best bet is to be honest and let the hiring agency do the thinking.

• I will definitely be forthcoming about any past drug use. I know I am good with some agencies and others I am not eligible. Most of the agencies post their disqualifiers online but USMS does not. I just don't want to waste my time or USMS's time.

Comment

• TKP188
              TKP188 commented
              Editing a comment
              dont. do.drugs. lol.

• jberry811
              jberry811 commented
              Editing a comment
              TKP188 yeah that's the obvious answer, but a younger me made that mistake so I am trying to move past it now.

• Tommyjd78
              Tommyjd78 commented
              Editing a comment
              From my experience. Your responses to this e-Qip should align with any previous entries or forms that have gone to OPM. And I do not believe they ask about drug use past 10 years ago so I wouldn't bring up more than you need to. Also that, keep in mind there is no poly for the USMS. A lot depends on age and recency. Many have done drugs. You're not the first.

• Had a phone interview this morning with an office from the 2nd locations email.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I've been following the thread for a little while and appreciate the great info everyone contributes.

Applied: Aug. 2017
              Interviewed: Feb. 2018
              FIT: April 4, 2019

I got the first location's email on May 6 and replied the same day (I chose all locations) and never heard anything back. On May 16, I received the second location's email, and I once again replied the same day and chose all the locations. I haven't heard anything back yet.

I was just wondering if anyone else, as of May 20, was in the same boat?

Comment

• northend13
                northend13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, hopefully, we've already been selected and are just waiting for them to get around to calling us.

• CPK_MLE
                CPK_MLE commented
                Editing a comment
                Highly unlikely at this point...

• northend13
                northend13 commented
                Editing a comment
                Any idea on how they are choosing people?

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you can figure that out, you’ll win the million dollar prize

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7421 users online. 264 members and 7157 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X