Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep working out. They have a class scheduled in July with two scheduled in September.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      Applied in 8/17. Will my application stay good through 9/19? I don’t mind working out, been a gym rat since ‘08. But DO miss pizza and beer, lol.

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      2017 announcement is said to be good through FY19.

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate keeping hope alive!! Guess it’s cardio after work!

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      I do one or two Murphs a week, circuit three times a week, lift heavy two days per week, and take Jujitsu.

It's worth every second.

• Is it possible to get the location list email from HR and not get offered a location and/or picked up by a district?

Comment

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      I really don’t understand this process whatsoever. Why have us complete everything and send us a location list to choose from if we aren’t going to be hired...

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure it’s a logistical nightmare. Not an easy task I’m sure. I get impatient but try to stay positive.

But it would be frustrating to get this far and not get a call for any academy.

• Red_Leg08
      Red_Leg08 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you will be hired. In fact, you will probably get the call today or tomorrow. I haven't heard of many people that passed the FIT test and didn't get hired within the time frame. I know there are some exceptions but it seems the vast majority of people who passed the FIT were hired soon after. I could be wrong but it seems like I remember people earlier in the forum passing the test and getting the offer.

• Twolfe1982
      Twolfe1982 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fingers crossed for ALL of us!!

• Hey guys is it unprofessional to contact your investigator to see where he is at with your background? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Editing a comment
      see below post, follow instructions and see what you get.

• cever258
      cever258 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the comments guys. I just got off the phone with him and he finished my background at the end of April and sent off to HR. So I believe it is being adjudicated now? No clearance, I am a recent graduate.
      Last edited by cever258; 05-16-2019, 04:10 PM.

• Mf821
      Mf821 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now you have the longest part of the wait. He sends it off to opm quality checks which take the longest part of the wait then it goes to security office at usms for adjudication.

• cever258
      cever258 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mf821 just when you think your at the finish line.. lol. is it possible for me to still get a call to take the fit test or does the background have to be adjudicated first

• I just got a new locations email. Anyone else get that?

Comment

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      I received it as well... TERRIBLE locations

Editing a comment
      at least you guys got them, I would prob take most of them right now lol

• beauonly
      beauonly commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha, the only ones I could consider terrible would be ones in expensive cities... even then, I won't be saying no!

• @ cever258 see where you get with this

Comment

• New list with new locations.

Comment

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        Los Angeles or Riverside, CA offered at all?

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha not even close

• I also received a new location email

Comment

• Received another Email with more locations this afternoon. Guess I didn't get selected for the ones I initially chose? Anyone else get this?

Comment

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          A few of us so far

• CPK_MLE
          CPK_MLE commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup not great

Editing a comment
          yes, that's my guess as well, that we weren't selected for the locations listed in original e-mail. I did not get the second location e-mail and I do know that it has to be turned in by 5/17/2019 so I probably won't be getting it either. Good luck to you guys still in the process, hopefully the last leg won't be as bad as the first one.

• Ok so I finally got the locations email. I did not get a location from the region that I requested on my wishlist but I will choose the closest one and hope they offer from that location. I am curious if everyone is pretty much getting called from the office from which they are putting as there first location choice. I was only going to put one location because there is only one that is somewhat close to where I need to be.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Second location email received today, so they ignored all of the locations I put on my first. I have no inside information, but I’m guessing at this point we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. I’ll happily take whatever leftover junk they offer me!

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          You might not think so, but South Dakota is a good office.

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t mean it wasn’t, just outside of driving distance to my kiddo. Seems to be mostly west of the mighty Mississippi at this point. Something I can definitely deal with, but was hoping I wouldn’t have to is all!

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Vox Populous Every agency has a short list of dream locations... Which are the most coveted or hard to get for DUSMs these days?

• Got the location email, not super enthused but I guess I’ll put one down and see what happens. Feels like there is a better way to fill locations, especially when a lot of people on here are ready to dive on any location. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• I got the email location today. Locations 4,5,6,7 offered.

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            I assume those numbers are districts?

• Originally posted by Somethingwitty View Post
          I got the email location today. Locations 4,5,6,7 offered.
          eeewww....yall go ahead and take those locations so they are not offered to the rest of us, team effort!

Comment

• I also got the email location and eligibility for the July academy. Locations 4,5,6,7 as well.

Comment

• Submitted my wish list yesterday. Did anyone get a confirmation email or like always, we just have to hope it was received and wait?

Comment

• For those that have been selected for an office, how long did it take to be contacted after you sent in your "wish list"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 228 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X