Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soooo can someone share a link for what the pt test is since the sit and reach isn't used anymore?

Comment

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      We still use the sit and reach; however, your initial FIT should consist of push ups, sit ups, and one and a half mile run. I don't believe they will fully implement the new test until well into 2018.

Got the email to schedule interview.. did the same interview August 31st 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
      soooo can someone share a link for what the pt test is since the sit and reach isn't used anymore?
      I just completed FIT a week ago, and I did sit and reach. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
        The sit and reach and the old test is still in use for the FIT test to get a slot at the academy. The new standards they are implementing are for when you are at the academy; fence climb, downed officer drag, things like that. But from what they told us the FIT to be hired remains the same.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Anyone know which locations candidates have been selected for? I feel my options are limited with me just nearly finished building a new house in upstate NY. Not really looking to move for the next couple of years. Fingers crossed there are openings in my area.

Comment

Just received my referral email today. My rating is an 88. How important is the rating?

Comment

- Former Local LEO
              - Current Federal LEO
              - Bachelor’s degree.

Got this email indicating ineligibility, with the following reason:

”IEX According to the SF-50 submitted, positions that you held were in the excepted service. Since positions held were not in the competitive service, you are not eligible for consideration under merit promotion.”

Comment

Received the email yesterday for interviews and was sent an qualified but not most qualified previously

Comment

so Deputy Marshals don't get LEAP for the first 2 years and are not given G-Rides and are stuck doing court and prisoner transport pretty much their entire careers unless they are in a small office somewhere away from a major metropolis. so exciting....

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                    ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    no leap for 7s and 9s.

• NWcountry31
                    NWcountry31 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you don't sign the waiver, you should get "safe pay" if you're already coming from a current federal position. You might be a GL 7 but could rank out at a Step 9 to equally match your current pay scale.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                    ShockTroopDevilDog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    but still a 7 and then still need to wait the same amount of time to get the 9 and then the 11. doesnt matter you still have to wait a minimum of 2 years of making peanuts before you rate LEAP

• Vox Populous
                    Vox Populous commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They will give you pay retention up to a GL-07, step 10. They will not give anyone a 00 and completely match their pay anymore.

However, it is USMS policy to give you your highest rate of previous pay at each step.

has anyone got a response from USMS after requesting interview dates???

Comment

• tonyt848
                    tonyt848 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have missed calls from “unknown ID” I think I may have missed their call. I sure hope they call me again. Anyone missed their call and had them call back?

• NWcountry31
                    NWcountry31 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    tonyt848. I missed their initial call but they left a voicemail with callback number. I called and left them a vm. They called right back. If it's them they should call right back depending on how quick the interview slots filled up.

• tonyt848
                    tonyt848 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you. They didn’t leave a VM so I’m hoping it wasn’t them and I’ll receive a call soon. Thanks!

• Gummertime
                    Gummertime commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They just called me as well

Hahah was found IN due to : Did not pass written test.
                  .bahahahahah! yeah ok. Oh well, they were 3rd on my list.

Comment

• chipperjones
                    chipperjones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like you were 0 on their list....

• themoj0
                    themoj0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    baha. true statement

Originally posted by chipsamoy25 View Post
                  - Former Local LEO
                  - Current Federal LEO
                  - Bachelor’s degree.

Got this email indicating ineligibility, with the following reason:

”IEX According to the SF-50 submitted, positions that you held were in the excepted service. Since positions held were not in the competitive service, you are not eligible for consideration under merit promotion.”
                  Are you in the excepted service? USSS or USCP or something like that? If so, then that is the correct rating unfortunately. That is why I pulled out of the Capitol Police process when I was trying to join the federal government. Excepted service is a major hindrance to career mobility.

Hopefully a future announcement is public, all US citizens, so you can start the process.
                  Last edited by battlewagon; 11-23-2017, 09:37 AM.

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by themoj0 View Post
                    Hahah was found IN due to : Did not pass written test.
                    .bahahahahah! yeah ok. Oh well, they were 3rd on my list.
                    Since one of the entry test's major components is personal character, values, and things that indicate the type of person you are, I can see why you failed based solely on this comment.

honor first

Comment

I received my NOR 11/22/17 and was referred with a 100 rateing, I have not received a call for an interview or email. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Hoggin
                        Hoggin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am in the same boat. I received my NOR 11/21/17 and was referred with a 92 rating.
                        4 years US Navy
                        6.5 years local leo
                        8 months part time DSO for USMS

• UsafSFJoel
                        UsafSFJoel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hmmm i wonder whats going on? maybe before the end of the month, we'll hear something fingers crossed.

• Viking14
                        Viking14 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did y'all ever receive a call for an interview? The couple of people who posted ratings and had not received a call were a 92 and below. I also am a 92 and have not received a call. I figured there was a cutoff even for the referred.

• UsafSFJoel
                        UsafSFJoel commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @viking14,

I have not received a call at all.

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

Since one of the entry test's major components is personal character, values, and things that indicate the type of person you are, I can see why you failed based solely on this comment.
                      Funny you said that. The test is ambiguous at best. Taken MANY of them over the years, took one for my Ohio Hwy patrol career, took one for my high end commercial security job before that, took one to get the federal LEO career I have now....never had an issue. Nothing wrong with my comment at all. My comment was meant to show that I am not all broken up over a test that's not a test. I am in no way worried about my values, solid work ethic, selflessness, and many other valuable traits that I have gained in my 45 years( including 19 years of service to this country).
                      Sorry you didn't like it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10308 users online. 491 members and 9817 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X