Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a phone call from a Chief at the office that was my first pick. Anyone else get that?

Comment

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for the miscommunication, I was replying to Tommyjd78’s question.

• Juey14
      Juey14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaahhh, all good brother!

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got the call from an office I didn’t want...

• Juey14
      Juey14 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sorry to hear that AZ

• I just am email telling my I'm no longer an active candidate and to let them know if I'm still interested in the position.

I've been sitting here waiting on location selection and PFT. Background closed, sent in all my medical info back in Dec and have been sitting here waiting.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Comment

Editing a comment
      Prob just an error on their side, I would reply stating that you are interested and give the timeline of when you completed (on your side anyway) your events. I bet one of your events wasn't marked completed on their end.

• Yes I don't know what that was. All I know is I've never responded to an email so quick

Comment

• Received an Email to complete a USM-522e Medical update form. I'm anticipating a required visit due to my physical being an yr old. UA also expires next month.

Comment

• Red_Leg08
        Red_Leg08 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long are the UA's good for?

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah any idea how long UAs are good for?

• RicardoCrashe
        RicardoCrashe commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here and for some reason i can’t open it at home. Gonna wait till I get to the office tonight

Editing a comment
        Not sure how long UA is good for BUT I had to redo mine last week because I took it over year ago. It doesn't mean that they last a year either, remember process was stalled for a few months.

• Got the call from a field office I don’t really want, they gave me the night to talk it over with the wife. But starting pay is to low, I’d take a massive pay cut and the move alone would cost me 8-10k. Gonna have to decline it. Just a heads up Manhattan is hurting for deputies....

Comment

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kmiech, he did. He said he was looking at my resume and was impressed blah blah. Then we talked about the office and how they work. That they have the busiest fugitive squad and get all the big cases, el Chapo, John Gotti, terrorist, etc...I have a extensive tactical background and 4 degrees so I look good on paper. Just wish it was a different office that called.

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last on my list. My #1 is close to where I live, and nowhere near either coast (not really a “high profile area”), so I feel like I have a good shot. But I’m not turning anything down personally!

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        I definitely get that. I would prefer the Brooklyn office but I would take Manhattan if I were fortunate enough to get the call. All you can do is be honest. I really don’t see them not giving you DC with how much they need bodies at Super court. I hope it works out for you

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me to man, we shall see how it plays out.

• I haven't received any communications via email nor call yet. DC was my location for my application. Will follow up if/when I hear something.

Comment

• Funny I just got an email to start my background. Interviewed Feb 2018 and then radio silence. The funny part is no TO ever came just a form to release my background to them. The really funny part is it came a day after I graduated CITP with another agency...

Comment

• MaxD1207
          MaxD1207 commented
          Editing a comment
          CITP with the USMS is a very different experience than any other agency.

• V1PER
          V1PER commented
          Editing a comment
          Having FLETC instructors removed from the class in order to provide “focus sessions”... not all CITP’s are created equal lmao

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          If it is primarily a DUSM CITP class, everything is different. Your self-defense classes become hybrid PT sessions and your instructors' demeanor is much more intense.

• V1PER
          V1PER commented
          Editing a comment
          Vox Populous I guess you can say I got the “lucky” all DUSM CITP class lol.. embrace the suck, laugh after it’s over, rinse and repeat. I would do it all over again

• Anyone able to open that medical update paper work?

Comment

• mikemcq15
          mikemcq15 commented
          Editing a comment
          No issues here, I use Firefox if that matters

• LCam
          LCam commented
          Editing a comment
          I had an issue opening medical paperwork. When I reached out they said that some computers have issues, and you need to drag the document to your desktop, otherwise the preview doesn't display right. When I did it this way it worked!

• Is anyone out there still waiting to be medically cleared due to VA service connected disability and have completed everything else in the process? That's my current status. Only thing I have left todo is the PT test.

Comment

• LittlefieldJC
          LittlefieldJC commented
          Editing a comment
          I also had to be cleared for my service connected disability and was anxiously awaiting the approved email but I only received the email for setting up a time to take my FIT test. You’ll know your medical and background are cleared once you get contacted to take your FIT test. Hope this helped brother.

• Originally posted by LittlefieldJC View Post
        I also had to be cleared for my service connected disability and was anxiously awaiting the approved email but I only received the email for setting up a time to take my FIT test. You’ll know your medical and background are cleared once you get contacted to take your FIT test. Hope this helped brother.
        My background was completed since last year around Oct 2018 time frame. Like I said all I have left is the PT and waiting for my medical to be cleared.

Comment

• Raven03
          Raven03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chuytex, how do you know your medical wasn't cleared? I'm now wondering if that's whats holding me up and why I haven't gotten the call to do my FIT yet.

• Originally posted by Raven03 View Post
        Chuytex, how do you know your medical wasn't cleared? I'm now wondering if that's whats holding me up and why I haven't gotten the call to do my FIT yet.

Because a couple of weeks ago I emailed the medical people to get an update and they said my medical was still being reviewed. I'm a service connected Vet, so it took a lil longer. I received the good news email yesterday and got a call from a local Deputy to schedule my PT test. Taking the test on Tuesday.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you take the UA yet?

• Raven03
          Raven03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you pm me what email address you used to email the medical people to get an update?

• Originally posted by Tommyjd78 View Post
        Did you take the UA yet?
        I have done everything except the PT test, I will be taking that this coming Tuesday.

Comment

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Out of curiosity, is it set up by your local office? I ask because I think there is a FO in my area, but the only possible place I can think of to do the run is the local High School.

• Juey14
          Juey14 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you do your run wherever is available, and it has to be a track. So I did everything at my local FO but the run at an abandoned middle school in the middle of the ghetto. It was sketchy. When we pulled up the FIT instructor even said, “do me a favor. Run this fast please. We don’t need to be in the neighborhood.” Hahahahahaha

• beauonly
          beauonly commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmao, that's funny. Thanks for the info.

• NCtoSkydRow
          NCtoSkydRow commented
          Editing a comment
          As info Juey14 - it doesn't have to be a sanctioned track for the 1.5 run. I ran mine around a bay with general populus, but it was accurately measured. My Garmin even tracked me the correct distance.

• Admin this is the applicant pool, come in....over. admin...what's your 10-20? Over.

Comment

• Red_Leg08
          Red_Leg08 commented
          Editing a comment
          Juey14, okay got it thanks.

• Red_Leg08
          Red_Leg08 commented
          Editing a comment
          avatar311, I don't see us getting different location. I think we will get what's left from the locations that y'all were given. Hopefully we find out soon.

• COPrime86
          COPrime86 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would imagine that those of us that did not receive the locations email are bound for DC.

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          COPrime- while a possibility, they have an entire pool of candidates who applied for DC & PR outside of this announcement, so I would hope they continue to offer NW options for those who applied on this posting. If not, they may end up wasting a lot of time, money, and effort...

• Question about the locations email. Do you get that email after you have taken the PT test?

Comment

• Juey14
          Juey14 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir. Roughly 4 weeks after.

• Finally someone got the first "call"

Comment

• Juey14
          Juey14 commented
          Editing a comment
          Final job offer

• Red_Leg08
          Red_Leg08 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am surprised that the 2018 announcement is getting their final offers before the 2017 announcement. Hopefully, that is good news for all of us and that we will all start receiving good news soon.

Editing a comment
          I know those of us that have been in the process for over 18 MOS or longer are "theoried out", but it could be that some places, like DC, have preference over others and maybe not many people have been putting DC at the top of the list, hence the recently grads (supposed to be only going to DC and PR, not sure) and probably anyone who put down DC (blessings for you guys) are getting the first calls OR HR rolled the dice and called whose ever number came up..

• Juey14
          Juey14 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree red. I thought it was weird. But I’m a glass half full type of guy. Maybe HQ is trying to fill DC and PR with them and give us other options?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8057 users online. 427 members and 7630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X