Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIT completed in the AM. On to more waiting! Hopefully we all hear something soonish.

Comment

• Just an FYI: I keep hearing the entire July class will be for Superior Court .

Comment

• CPK_MLE
        CPK_MLE commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that confirmed? I only ask because the rest of the 2017 announcement had a list of locations spread throughout the country. I know a large portion of the 2018 recent grad are getting called for their FITs and their locations were only for PR and DC.

• COPrime86
        COPrime86 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I thought as well. 2017 was for NW locations and the Recent Grads was specifically for DC and PR. Guess we will find out when they call.

• Does anyone know how long after receiving a final offer does one have to accept or decline it?

Comment

• I was talking to my buddy last night and he was saying most of the guys who went to Superior court in his class got notified by HR later than guys who went to other districts. If that is the case we may not hear anything until late May or June about a July start date.

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully the folks from this announcement get NW options and they take the DC/PR folks only out of the recent grad pool. I understand it's the needs of the agency at the time, but that would be disappointing if that's how it goes

• TKP188
        TKP188 commented
        Editing a comment
        Overall the agency is down bodies but some districts more than others. It wouldn't really make sense to only do 1 location for a whole class but who knows with this HR department. It would thin down the pool of applicants too because some guys just cant move across the country therefore making it harder to fill all the spots in the academy class.

• NCtoSkydRow
        NCtoSkydRow commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm from the recent grads announcement. I wasn't referred for PR, but I was for DC. I understand concern about moving across the country, but I'm current Fed in CA & sadly, I had to move from home in NC. DC is another stroke across the map, but a short ride up the interstate from NC. Things happen, so many of us will know when they inform us

• Hello Everyone,

Finally able to post here. I have been in the process for awhile not and completed/passed the FIT on 9APR. Still no word on FO or location. Anyone know what the PT is like in FLETC? Mainly cardio I assume?

Comment

• Hey all, finally granted permission to post this morning. I've been following the thread for about a week. I completed the PT test Tuesday and I'm also waiting word like the rest of you.

Comment

• Not gonna act like I’m not anxious (more nervous, 37 in July so this is probably my last chance). However, the motivation that the (hopefully) soon-to-be smoke fest has given me has led to 20 lbs lost, fastest run times in a decade, and no reduction in strength. If it falls through, I’ll obviously be disappointed, but still better than I was 2 years ago.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
            Twolfe1982 commented
            Editing a comment
            No “federal” leo time here, 0083 so doesn’t count. 3 years of “Active” service though, but still...

• TKP188
            TKP188 commented
            Editing a comment
            dam you guys are old! lol

• rmm310
            rmm310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Right there with you guys...I'm 42

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            Go work in the BOP immediately to start your clock.

• Got ya. Well good luck!!

Comment

• My oldest classmate was 46 when we graduated! Age is just a number!

Comment

• V1PER
              V1PER commented
              Editing a comment
              Code Berg!!

• Twolfe1982
              Twolfe1982 commented
              Editing a comment
              Once I get to Academy, I agree!

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have active duty military time, you are eligible for an age waiver.

• AASLT101
              AASLT101 commented
              Editing a comment
              CamTwin2017, what are we looking at PT wise? Not concerned, just wanting to better prepare if its mainly running longer distances. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

• I went the BOP route in 2016 as a "foot in the door" to the fed. It has been an ok experience between two prisons in that time

Comment

• For those with a DoD TS.. were there any more steps after turning in the consent form from the SF 86... do they just look up your clearance and pull it over and your are good to go, or do they contact references and run their own background for suitability?

Comment

• Tommyjd78
                Tommyjd78 commented
                Editing a comment
                I simply filled out any forms they sent me on email. I dont recall a consent form to look up my BI/clearance and I didn’t fill out any SF86 paperwork. My TO said it would be looking at my current BI to see if it met their Tier 5 requirements. Thats all I recall occurring.

• CPK_MLE
                CPK_MLE commented
                Editing a comment
                If you have a Tier 5 investigation that is within scope then you will be given reciprocity but it will need to be re-adjudicated for suitability by the USMS. It really has nothing to do with your level of clearance or agency, but it is the investigation tier and amount of time since it has been conducted that is important.

If you haven’t been asked to complete the sf-86 or fingerprints after initial contact with the Office of Security Programs, it is a good indication that you were given reciprocity.

• Tommyjd78
                Tommyjd78 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I believe if it is a Tier 5 BI and has been adjudicated within the past 6 months they simply need to review it and can give it reciprocity. If it has been longer than 6 months since a positive adjudication they would need you to update any info and then they would re-adjudicate according to a few US Marshals I spoke to.

• jj858
                jj858 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a TS and they just took that and my background for that was back in 2015

• I got a question for you gents. I have a drug test coming up. Do you think Allegra (over the counter) would give me any issue?

Comment

• Tommyjd78
                Tommyjd78 commented
                Editing a comment
                Negative Ghostrider. Unless you are snorting it. Then they may have an issue- You will be fine!

• Roninjin
                Roninjin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes or am I overthinking

Thanks. I got pernoid and Google is my worst enemy when I'm pernoid-

• Cold medicines. Non-prescription or over-the-counter cold, flu, and allergy medications that contain the ingredient pseudoephedrine can cause a drug test to show up as positive for amphetamines.
                Last edited by Roninjin; 04-29-2019, 08:42 PM.

• beauonly
                beauonly commented
                Editing a comment
                Calm down brother... I was hopped up on about 3 different allergy meds when I took mine and was fine. A urinalysis is only screened for a set of established illegal narcotics and chemicals - I am not a doctor but I can all but guarantee that anything you can buy OTC (and use as intended) will not cause issues with the test.

Now if you're actively using an Ephedrine/Caffeine stack to cut weight or something that is a different story.
                Last edited by beauonly; 04-30-2019, 09:08 AM.

• Roninjin
                Roninjin commented
                Editing a comment
                Super thanks guys.

• Does anyone know how long does it take for an announcement to expire? Is it 2 years or 3 years?

If it’s two years then those on the 2017 announcement have a couple of months left before it’s purged.

Comment

Editing a comment
                didn't even think about, thanks! I will contact recruiters ASAPmundo

• CPK_MLE
                CPK_MLE commented
                Editing a comment
                If you have taken the FIT, and passed, I wouldn’t be that worried about the cert expiring. I can’t seem to find it but someone with USMS previously posted an internal email about hiring priorities for the rest of FY19. The 2017 NW announcement will be used to fill the next academy as well the 2018 RG. If you have been asked to take the FIT that means you’re eligible for that class, exactly how it reads in the email.

Don’t overcomplicate things... it’s the federal government and things move slowly with very little communication. With that being said, I highly doubt they would have all these applicants take the FIT with no plan of an CITP/BDUSM class in the near future (90 days).

• Mf821
                Mf821 commented
                Editing a comment
                I know a couple people that took the FIT and did great but no class was scheduled. Didn't hear back until they got an email saying their stuff was being purged.

• CPK_MLE
                CPK_MLE commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct, but I would defer to the email sent by HR. If you have all four steps (medical, drug, BI, FIT) completed then you are eligible for hire in one of the upcoming classes. I’m assuming one of those four, most likely the BI, was not complete or derogatory information was found that made them not eligible for an interim clearance to begin the academy.

• I took the FIT a year ago and here I wait. All that money spent on us just to go down the drain smh. The backgrounds themselves are about 5k

Comment

• C/ONWA1
                C/ONWA1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Apply under schedule B. I didn’t think I was going to need to apply under three announcements but I guess that’s how HR rolls.

• So I took my PT Test about a week and a half ago and have completed all other steps. Today I was contacted by USMS to take another drug test. I was kind of puzzled as to why I would need to take another one since I had previously taken and passed one. I have been in this process for about two years so I assume it could be because the other one expired. Didn't know if someone may have knowledge on this. Still waiting for location and offer..

Comment

• LittlefieldJC
                LittlefieldJC commented
                Editing a comment
                I took it about a year ago.

• LittlefieldJC
                LittlefieldJC commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m guess I’m just super eager and ready for official offer with location . I know all this waiting will be well worth it once we are in academy. All in God’s timing ....

• Red_Leg08
                Red_Leg08 commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought that the Drug test was only good for 6 months but maybe it 1 year.

Editing a comment
                we are in an episode of LOST, everything is a mystery...let's just hope the ending (getting the call) is better than the show.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10868 users online. 455 members and 10413 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X