Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took/passed Fit test 09 April. Really hoping there is a class sooner than July.

Comment

• mikemcq15
      mikemcq15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Abn! Atw!

• First time posting on this forum. I am an Aug 2017 applicant and have been watching these postings from the shadows since.

I am just waiting on a FIT as well. My biggest fear (as I'm sure it is for the rest of you) is getting this far in the process and then being purged because the FY ends. That would be killer!

It has been a hurry up and wait for the last 2 years!
    Last edited by COPrime86; 04-16-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Editing a comment
      same here man, Aug 2017. Took the fit, waiting on the "call"

• RicardoCrashe
      RicardoCrashe commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s a purge? Between aug 2017 and now there’s there’s been like 5 classes and several gov shutdowns.

• COPrime86
      COPrime86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe each announcement is certificate based and they last for two years. I applied to the June 2016 announcement and received and email in 2019 that stated the certificates had expired as of Dec 2018 and that if you received a conditional offer of employment; it has been rescinded and applicant considerations are now coming from the Aug 2017 NW announcement.

I imagine that the Aug 2017 NW certificates will eventually be replaced by the June 2018 NW after this FY ends.

Not sure though. Just going off an old email I received.

Editing a comment
      there was a "purge", or expiration of the certificate, for a group of people like us, a few years back. There might have been five classes, but that doesn't mean that we were eligible for them. In my case, my background was sent to USMS at the end of Nov 2018 and didn't make it in time for December class (I'm guessing). Government shutdowns don't always affect all agencies, the DOJ was affected this last go-round, they may not have been in other partial shutdowns.

• Recieved the "Good News" email this am & to be prepared for contact for the PT assessment. Patience guys. Been down this road, but I think most of us are in good shape so avoid a purge. I was purged in 2011 from the '09 solicitation.

Comment

Editing a comment
      For those of us from 2017, it may be more of a "ticking clock" then a matter of patience, hence why we have probably checked our phones/e-mails like 10 times today. If we don't make it for July or September (if there is one) then our chances dwindle, or cease to exist. Good luck with getting a PT call, the more of us, the better.

• The email states that they are making selections for the 2019 BDUSM classes so we should be good to go as long as you pass the FIT. I highly doubt they are having us take the FIT without anticipating slotting us in the next available (July?) class.

Comment

Editing a comment
      yes the e-mail (the one from 2 weeks ago) stated that they will begin making selections for "FY19 BDUSM classes in the next coming weeks." All they are doing now is creating a ready-to-go list. What was brought up earlier was the 90-day-window and how some of us are cutting it close...anyhow, good luck to everyone here, I'm finally tired of obsessing over a phone call/e-mail.

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think they would of had us do the FIT knowing the next academy was in the 90 day window... it is the federal government though and what makes sense doesn’t always happen

• My buddy said these may be for a May class.I would make arrangements to plan accordingly.

Comment

• CPK_MLE
      CPK_MLE commented
      Editing a comment
      May definitely makes more sense...Glynco in the summer is just a bundle of fun

• jj858
      jj858 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was also told about a may class. Didn't know if he meant selection in May or actually class. I'll ask again when I do my test

• COPrime86
      COPrime86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully there is still a July academy on the books as well.

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently the rumors about the May class are not true. The next class is in July.

• FIT test completed, now for the wait.

Comment

• I have been in this process as well as many others here for past year and a half and was also contacted with the email regarding preparation for the Fit test. I've scheduled mine with local administrator for Friday. I am curious if anyone knows if this means the clearance is complete and good? I was under the impression that scheduling of the Fit means clearance is completed and final but in the system mine still hasn't been updated. I was curious if anyone out there has any inside scoop on this or on what locations are being offered in the upcoming academies. I was told by a source that they are planning to send a large number of new Marshals to the southeast and southwest border region. I am really hoping I will get offered a location in or near Georgia where my family is.

Comment

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Does your source now which announcements are filling which regions? I believe the recent grad announcement was slotted for DC and PR spots. I applied to the July 2018 excepted service announcement. Not sure what region they plan to fill w that announcement.

• LittlefieldJC
        LittlefieldJC commented
        Editing a comment
        Tommyjd78 my source doesn't know which locations will be offered. He just said to expect to be contacted with location and offer shortly after completing the PT testing. I took mine last Friday and am anxiously waiting to see what location will be offered. I was curious if anyone has been given an offer and location yet out of the applicants who have taken PT tests in April?...

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        LittlefieldJC sounds good. I would think some people should be hearing something soon regarding locations/offers. You included! Good luck! I have my Medical tomorrow and hope to take the UA and FIT soon and then wait.

• Tommyjd78
        Tommyjd78 commented
        Editing a comment
        LittlefieldJC sounds good. I would think some people should be hearing something soon regarding locations/offers. You included! Good luck! I have my Medical tomorrow and hope to take the UA and FIT soon and then wait.

• What's up everyone? I have been following for quite some time as well. I am from the Aug 2017 announcement and just waiting on that FIT test email and call. I did receive the FIT standards email on 03/28, too. Congrats to all of you that have gotten that email and call.

USMS
      Applied: August 24, 2017
      Interviewed in D.C. - April 2018
      TO: August 2018
      Med Exam: August 2018
      UA: August 2018
      Fingerprints & eQip: September 2018
      Recertified eQuip: October 2018
      Background Investigator Meeting: November 2018
      FIT: TBD

Comment

Editing a comment
        thanks, call OPM and see where your background is at, one of the earlier posts has the phone number.

• Raven03
        Raven03 commented
        Editing a comment
        I called them right after I posted that and it closed the beginning of April so I'm hoping for that email/call soon!

Editing a comment
        great! Someone on the other USMS forum (2018 applicants) did not get an e-mail, just a phone call to schedule PT so your mileage may vary. Good luck!!

• If you get the "Good news email," your background and medical are good to go. Accordingly, you should prepare for the FIT in the near future.

Comment

• CamTwin2017
        CamTwin2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Vox I think my classmate just went to your district. Awesome dude.

It’s worth it fellas, get after it PT wise. You will thank yourselves during BDUSM if you went prepared. Hopefully you guys get to be next. Good luck.

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        The the last seven picks have been solid. We are great to one another and all support each other in our career progression.

• I applied for the recent graduate announcement but it seems I am in the same boat as many of you here..

Applied March 2018 RG
      Interview June 2018
      TO August 2018
      Medical September 2018
      Background October 2018
      UA March 2019
      Good news email April 2019
      FIT scheduled for April 22 2019

My buddy was saying there are still only 2 scheduled BDUSM classes for FY2019...July and September. He didn't see anything about a april or may class so maybe those are just rumored? Either way hopefully there are no government hiccups and we can get the ball rolling.

Comment

• jj858
        jj858 commented
        Editing a comment
        My guy also said something about May but maybe he meant selection will go out or be made by May.

• I did not get the “good news” email, but instead got the “good news” call. FIT scheduled for next week.

Comment

• Anyone - has it been more than a year since you took your medical? have you been recently contacted by HR- Health Administration Branch?

Comment

• RicardoCrashe
          RicardoCrashe commented
          Editing a comment
          I was. Friday afternoon

Editing a comment
          let's hope that it doesn't put us behind the curve

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine was end of June. So if we don't get a May class, I assume (with the way that this process has been so far) that I'll need to get a new physical at the end of June, screwing me for the July Academy. Super excited for that to happen, anyway...

Editing a comment
          Yeah man, May would be ideal

• My ticket is punched. Applied March 2018 for recent graduates. Completed my Fitness Battery today, 22 April 2019. Keep monitoring your comms & working out. One proctor said that July is the talk for the next class. Good luck & see you all in Glynco.
        Last edited by NCtoSkydRow; 04-22-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• NCtoSkydRow
          NCtoSkydRow commented
          Editing a comment
          I was caught in the freeze in 2009 so the hurry up & wait doesn't even matter. I'm on fed payroll anyway so when the time comes, it'll be a transition. But to everyone who is completed and/or still waiting, keep hope alive.

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyone know what happens for the medical if your cholesterol is a little high? Literally about 5-10 above normal range.

• NCtoSkydRow
          NCtoSkydRow commented
          Editing a comment
          Tommyjd78- I think you'll be good. The physician may advise to follow up with your primary care or they may not find any cause for concern

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          NCtoSkydRow thanks.

• Does anyone know where to contact for adjudication status?

Comment

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          I posted the # for OPM several pages back. Just search for it

Editing a comment
          Background investigation (OPM) and adjudication (at USMS) are not one and the same. Try sending email to the same address that you had to sent the initial background forms to.

• I’d just like to remind you guys and not as a deterrent in any means but any pre existing injuries will come up during BDUSM. Not to mention getting hurt as well. The last class lost 4 to injuries sustained in the last week of training. So please take care of those beforehand.

Comment

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          What happens when you get injured? Are you washed back to the field office until your healthy?

• RedBeardRanger
          RedBeardRanger commented
          Editing a comment
          It depends. Most are rolled back into a later class, however it depends on the injury and how you got hurt (think work time vs dumb sh*t on the weekends)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11273 users online. 472 members and 10801 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X