Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to everyone taking FIT this week...or next

Comment

• Update: USMS HR contacted the local field office and confirmed my FIT for Friday. As much as I workout, it’s just a formality, lol. Looking forward to starting the pain in Glynco!

Comment

• My phone call today was not as fun. I got a call to schedule my drug test, despite having completed it back in November. I re-sent them my confirmation page that I scanned and sent back then. Waiting to hear if that meets their needs. Really hoping that doesn't delay me unnecessarily.

Comment

• Twolfe1982
          Twolfe1982 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fingers crossed for you! For what it’s worth, HR has been ON IT (with me anyway) the last few days. Hope you get a quick resolution!

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know. I'm optimistic they'll get it corrected.

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got a follow up email today saying they found my stuff and I do not have to re-take the drug test. Good news. Back to waiting for the call to do FIT.

• Anyone have an idea how long after the FIT guys are getting offers? The guys doing my FIt said I should get a call in a week or two. They also said there’s a class in April and May. I have accepted a job with another department and start May.6, my house is sold and I’m moving April.20. Cutting it extra close here!! Depending on location I’m probably going to accept if the wife agrees with the location, if not I’m just gonna go start work at the new department. Applied April 2017...been a LONG wait! Hoping to get DC or Phx office.

Comment

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m just worried I’m gonna move, sign a lease and then get the call. Timing is everything, hoping to have a verbal offer before April.20 so I can at least make a decision on what to do with my belongs and family.

Editing a comment
          I hope you get the call soon man, or at least an e-mail (tomorrow!) asking you to choose from a few locations, or many. Good luck!!

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I’d take anything with location offers, so I can at least make a decision!

• Tommyjd78
          Tommyjd78 commented
          Editing a comment
          AZdeputy84 - How long after TO did you get contacted for a next step? I am in the excepted service hiring amd teceived a TO March 14, 2019. They are cross referencing my TS BI now.

• Anyone notice in the fitness test it has the “fair” range on things goes below the “minimum”. I asked the deputies and they said the email is messed up. And that it’s the lowest part of the range. For instance the 30-39 year olds get up to 13:36 for the 1.5 and that 12:51 “minimum” isn’t correct. Did anyone else find that confusing? Or get told the same thing? I was worried but they said I passed so I just shut up. It seems like a fail would be below the “poor” range, but the top of the email said the “minimum” was required?

Comment

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed the discrepancy in the numbers, but I suppose just accepted it for what it was.

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that’s teue, they said I was good.
          Last edited by AZdeputy84; 04-04-2019, 08:26 AM.

• RedBeardRanger
          RedBeardRanger commented
          Editing a comment
          Minimum is the minimum. Word to the wise, be aiming for excellent - superior...

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got superior on everything but the run

• For those who have taken the FIT, do you just take it at the local USMS field office?

Comment

• RedBeardRanger
          RedBeardRanger commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you take the test at your closest office.

• For the fit test, when making a date for the test how many days put can you do it? Are they flexible say if you can do it 1-2 weeks out from the call?

Comment

• From what others are posting, you get contacted by your local office.

As for scheduling, I was contacted and told date/time. I wouldn't risk missing out on a class unless you really can't take right the fit now.

Comment

• jj858
            jj858 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I would love to take whatever time/date but with my job it's hard due to work and being gone 50% of the time.
            Last edited by jj858; 04-05-2019, 12:58 PM.

Editing a comment
            I was contacted directly, by the test administrator, both times I took the test, so hopefully working around your schedule would be easier than trying to schedule through a HR or a third person. Good luck.

• Passed this morning. Superior and excellents accross the board. No intel on classes by the administrator. Lots of fun! See what next week holds.

Comment

• mikemcq15
            mikemcq15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well except from the run. Slower than usual.

• CPK_MLE
            CPK_MLE commented
            Editing a comment
            Did they happen to say if there are any openings in Tampa?

• mikemcq15
            mikemcq15 commented
            Editing a comment
            He mentioned that they are short on personnel, and then mentioned that they are suffering nationwide due to the funding interruptions. He was also surprised to hear how long we have been in the process. I'm hoping Kansas City or STL is available. I tested with one other guy who trying to go to Detroit. He's been in the process as long as I have. If it wasn't for the military (wife), I would love Tampa.

• CPK_MLE
            CPK_MLE commented
            Editing a comment
            Good info... I was told pretty much the same thing at my FIT. Tampa is where I would prefer but at the end of the day I’ll take wherever. Hopefully some good news emails, with locations, will go out soon.

• Passed. Now we wait and prepare.

Comment

• mikemcq15
            mikemcq15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good stuff! I'm sure you killed it.

• Twolfe1982
            Twolfe1982 commented
            Editing a comment
            I passed, lol.

• Just got a text from the deputy who did my PT test. He sent everything to headquarters today...let the wait being (hopefully get a call next week).

Comment

• Red_Leg08
            Red_Leg08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck, bro. I hope you get it soon.

• AZdeputy84
            AZdeputy84 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, won’t hold my breath. But I’ve been waiting since August 2017, what a few more days or weeks?

• Twolfe1982
            Twolfe1982 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine went yesterday (he’s gone for the next 30 days). Hopefully we all get the call soon!

• Applicants have received the "call" or offers no more than 2 months away from the class start date (June for July 2018, early September for Oct, 2018 and late October for December 2019), maybe an upcoming late April/early May class is not far-fetched.

we always hear that smoking weed kills brain cells, but it seems like waiting for the next step of a hiring process can make brain cells hyperactive...hopefully we all hear something by this Thursday.

Comment

• Next class is July

Comment

• Originally posted by CamTwin2017 View Post
              Next class is July
              Where did that info come from? There was some indication from DUSMs running PT tests that there could be one or two classes before July.

Comment

Editing a comment
                He may be referring to the actual BDUSM class, which we would go to after CITP. Last FY there were four CTIP classes in April and four in May, If we start CITP in late April/early May, we would then go to BDUSM in July(?). These are all assumptions of course. Man, can't wait for at least one person on here to get a call/e-mail and start the domino effect.

• CamTwin2017
                CamTwin2017 commented
                Editing a comment
                I just came from the academy and that’s what the permanent staff there said. July would be the start day of pre bdusm, then citp, then bdusm. July

• NCtoSkydRow
                NCtoSkydRow commented
                Editing a comment
                Good info CamTwin2017. My guy back home in NC hasn't had anything significant when I ask him about upcoming placements. Still waiting on my PT battery. I should have the checkered flag & then the dreaded 4th qtr wait as we all have. I'll post if I hear anything significant.

• Has anyone with a VA rating made it to the FIT test yet?

Comment

• CPK_MLE
                CPK_MLE commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes..............

• mikemcq15
                mikemcq15 commented
                Editing a comment
                yes, and its up there.

• AZdeputy84
                AZdeputy84 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, and I have a high rating.

• Twolfe1982
                Twolfe1982 commented
                Editing a comment
                Passed the FIT, was submitted Friday. Have a rating.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10641 users online. 446 members and 10195 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X