Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To improve your sit and reach, try stiff leg deadlifts with dumbbells and let the weights help you stretch. As you get better, you can do them off a plyometric box.

I did that and hit 24 inches during my test.

Comment

• Red_Leg08
      Red_Leg08 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like a good plan. I may swap out my normal deadlift for straight leg deadlift or add it to my current plan.

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the same email. Also, I'm not incredibly flexible and have some long legs. The PP doesn't specify how far the measurement starts past your toes or how much overhang there is from the box where your feet are. Can anyone shed light on this?

• mattrix
      mattrix commented
      Editing a comment
      ATG1729, from what I have seen 15 inches starts at your toes. So for my age group I have to go 1.5 inches past my toes to get 16.5 inches. I could be wrong but this is what I have seen researching online.

• Red_Leg08
      Red_Leg08 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mattrix, 15 inches starting at the toes is also how I understand it.

• This new “old” pt test is a joke...the only thing that is hard would be getting superior on the 1.5 (which I can’t flat out run that fastbin the 1.5 I’m 250lbs haha)

Comment

• NWcountry31
      NWcountry31 commented
      Editing a comment
      Were they just using the pt test with bench press as a test pilot? Too many failures? Just curious.

• ATG1729
      ATG1729 commented
      Editing a comment
      The DUSMs I work with said there have been a bunch of injuries, mostly from people trying to bench more than they can handle. Not sure if that's the only reason, but it was what was discussed here. It makes me sad because I felt the new test was perfect for someone built like me. Oh well...

• Red_Leg08
      Red_Leg08 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was definitely a fan of the bench press and a test that was more of a overall strength and cardio vs this test which is just cardio and favors to being lighter. I will pass either test, I just like the other one better.

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I wish they still had bench, with my max weight I would crawl the 1.5 mile and pass.

• AZdeputy, that was the complaint of a lot of people. They said it disproportionately benefits someone who benches a lot, which it does -- to a degree. However, brute strength is of tremendous benefit when trying to subdue a resistant subject. So if you're not "strong," you should at least be fast and have good cardio.

Comment

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, I’m a perfect world your strong and fast in a sprint. No one ever chases 1.5 miles lol. My dept we use dogs and our plane and the all mighty radio! I always say bad guys get 400 meters to earn their freedom, then I’m back in my Tahoe.

• Emails are out

Comment

• NWcountry31
      NWcountry31 commented
      Editing a comment
      As in good news? Haha

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      what locations did you get?

• I think I just got the good news email

Comment

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      Did it have locations?

• mikemcq15
      mikemcq15 commented
      Editing a comment
      No locations.

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      No locations, just that they are looking to place people in the up coming classes and to be ready for the FIt.

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok. Well congrats to you guys

• Received the same email...

Comment

• Got the call for FIT test this week

Comment

• Dam...just got the call for FIT. Doing it tomorrow morning!

Comment

• Congrats y'all! It's moving!

Comment

• Is there another class that just got scheduled before July? I wonder because things are moving for you all quickly all of a sudden.

Comment

• mikemcq15
              mikemcq15 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was wondering the same thing. The FIT test done this week will put you right at July with the 90 day window....We will see.

• Received a call for the FIT. However, it was from Tacoma, WA and not my current residence in Tampa, FL. Lets see if I get another call by the end of the day....

Comment

• Passed the fit this morning, superior on everything but the run. They said there’s a class end of April and one in May. Watch your phones after you Pt. Offers will be going out a week or two after your PT they told me.

Comment

• armymikeymike
                armymikeymike commented
                Editing a comment
                Man good deal. I just called they said my background closed in Nov. Not sure what I am waiting for now.

• mikemcq15, I was also trying to do some math regarding the "90 window", assuming that it is a hard window, then anyone taking the test this week would have to report to FLETC between June 28-Jul 1. Assuming all of this is correct then we would be brought on board in PP13, which begins June 24th, since HR normally tries to have you EOD at the beginning of a PP. We would each get our individual allotment of travel days (depending on your distance from FLETC) and mode of travel. Anyway, so I would say PP13, unless an earlier class is being put together.

I did not see previous post, WOW we better start making plans after the fit

Comment

• mikemcq15
                mikemcq15 commented
                Editing a comment
                This will definitely make it interesting for me, projecting a PCS move in June (wife’s active military).

Editing a comment
                I started looking at the payroll calendar after your post and again; WOW, that would mean EOD for mid-April for a lucky 24 students, maybe they bring us in early and only start paying us once we start traveling to FLETC, hence April 14 start date, next EOD after that would be April 28. BTW, congrats on getting superior on sit and reach! lol

Again, I don't know what their payroll dates are for sure, just pure speculation at this point.

• AZdeputy84
                AZdeputy84 commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly I never stretch and figured I’d fail that part. It’s actually super easy, the little thing you have to push starts at 13 which is the minimum. So as long as you move it one inch you pass.

Editing a comment
                it was just as you said, I made sure to breath out as much as possible and then went for it and I think I got *excellent on stretch. Now the "standby for the standby" begins...

of course, I don't think chasing fugitives, working court, etc, will test our stretching skills, but I was aiming for superior on everything. You never know, the difference between going to FLETC, or not, may hinge on a point or two.
                Last edited by avatar311; 04-03-2019, 10:57 AM.

• Second call was from the correct office (Tampa). Two will be tested on Friday. Any one from the Fort Meyers area on here?

Comment

• Got a call for FIT today, wrong location (3 hours away). That office is contacting HR and I made an appointment with the Field Office here to do FIT Friday. Then we can find out where to send it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6723 users online. 231 members and 6492 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X